Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87
Results 4,301 to 4,326 of 4326
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hambocairns View Post
    So 27.5 models get boost hubs but 29ers which would benefit the mo the get 100/142?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No, there are some typos in the parts spec list. Looking at the hub specs, both the 29er and 650b SWORKS and Pro models are getting boost, though the frame and fork specs still say 142/100. Incidentally, they're also getting the new carbon rear end, which is probably why they have boost and the others don't

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jpengel View Post
    Also, what do current camber 29 riders think of the rear boost upgrade on the '17 pro/sworks (yet expert and down remain on 142+). Worth it? (functionally or from a future proof standpoint?) or is the 142+ good enough?
    it doesn't matter to me at all. I don't plan on upgrading wheels and even if I do, I'm sure they will still make non boost wheels. Boost isn't going to make me a better rider.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Colticus View Post
    it doesn't matter to me at all. I don't plan on upgrading wheels and even if I do, I'm sure they will still make non boost wheels. Boost isn't going to make me a better rider.
    Does make for stiffer wheels though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by hambocairns View Post
    Does make for stiffer wheels though.
    I will never be at the level to tell a difference between a boosted and non boosted wheel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Hey, has anybody got a Camber 29, carbon, in XL? If so, could you post a few pictures of it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Soihtu View Post
    Attachment 1033111Attachment 1033112

The bike is XL size. I changed the stem for 60mm and spiked tires
    There you go

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    There you go
    Thanks!
    Looks far better than the alu version with the big gap behind the head tube.

I've got a '14 Evo in XL, excellent bike which has given me so much fun. In the last couple of years, I've gotten a '16 Stumpjumper FSR and a '16 Epic, both in Large. Thing is, my height (190cms) means I'm just on the tipping point between L/XL. I can ride either, but going back to my XL Camber now it just feels a bit long and big. Especially with the command post which has a fair bit of setback, I run the seat at max forward. I tried a shorter stem, but found the front became too light on climbs, and I feel I need to push the front wheel down in corners anyway. I'm looking at selling both the Camber and Epic, and get a new Camber Comp Carbon. It'll be the main bike, and I'll use it to go racing as well by just popping on some lighter rims & tires and bigger gears. Most of my races will probably suit the Camber better than the Epic anyway.
    There's no hope in testing both sizes, as LBSs here don't have the luxury of keeping Spesh in stock.
    I tried an S-works camber last year in Large, and it felt so snappy. Just a short ride, however.
    On my large Stumpy, which uses the same front triangle, it feels fine, but I hope the Camber has a more racey rider position.

So anyone with experience with the sizing of the '14 vs '16 cambers - how do the cockpits differ with the new frame?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I'm 188, but i have long legs. I'm still happy with xl, 60mm stem and 750mm bar. I tested L but it was too short. If you like to have L you need very long stem, atleast 90mm. It might be good for xc with narrow bar. It's just not for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    I'm 177 cm with long legs and have size M with 5mm longer stem. Wish I had gone for size L with 20mm shorter stem. Now I feel like I get my weight to much forward when standing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Sounds like an XL, then. Think I'll try a longer stem on my L Stumpjumper, and see how that feels. Same front triangle, so should give me an idea.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm curious if I can run 650b wheels with the new 2.6 Purgatory's on my Camber 29. A bit of a franken-bike setup but could be interesting. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Fassn8 View Post
    I'm curious if I can run 650b wheels with the new 2.6 Purgatory's on my Camber 29. A bit of a franken-bike setup but could be interesting. Any thoughts?
    Should work just fine. It's around 77mm in rear triangle and if you have the fox 34 fork it's around 78mm.

I'm thinking of getting 27.5" wheels with 35-40mm id rims and Nobby Nic 2.8

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Thanks! Yes, I have a Fox 34 in the front.

occ member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fassn8 View Post
    If that tire doesn't have a "plus" diameter then it may drop the BB too much. It may be closer to a normal 27.5" tire, especially if it's designed for a non-plus 27.5" bike.

I hope they make a 29" version!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I just got a replacement frame for my 2014 Camber expert that I broke the chainstay on. The great news is all they had to replace it was a 2016 S-works, The kind of unfortunate news is they don't include the SWAT door on replacement frames and Specialized is out of the doors. I'm promised one as soon they are available but who knows how long that will be.

Anybody have an idea on a source for a SWAT door?

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    I just got a replacement frame for my 2014 Camber expert that I broke the chainstay on. The great news is all they had to replace it was a 2016 S-works, The kind of unfortunate news is they don't include the SWAT door on replacement frames and Specialized is out of the doors. I'm promised one as soon they are available but who knows how long that will be.

Anybody have an idea on a source for a SWAT door?
    Even without the door that is awesome!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Anybody got a '17 Comp Carbon yet?

Does the Revelation have a proper lockout? On my '16 Stumpjumper FSR, the fork only has a soft/firm setting, which far from locks it.

Also - are the hubs the standard old style from spesh? Says "sealed cartridge bearings", but the standard wheels I've had the last few years have been sh*t. Goes for '14 camber, 15 Enduro, 16 Stumpy FSR. Have to fiddle with the bearing preload constantly, but in the end just kept them as backup because they're just too soft.

Stem length on the L and XL is also interesting. Doesn't say on their site.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Friend of my has 17 ccc. Stem was 75mm on large. Hubs are the same as before, except 142+ with shimano freewheel.

mtbr member
    Does anyone have pictures of the new 2017 Camber Pro Carbon 29? Website says it has some orange in it, but I don't see orange on the website picture.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bradwin2 View Post
    Does anyone have pictures of the new 2017 Camber Pro Carbon 29? Website says it has some orange in it, but I don't see orange on the website picture.
    Look carefully on the top of the down tube. You can see "Specialized" in orange. Also the head tube sticker. There may be more elsewhere, but I'm guessing there is minimal amount.

mtbr member
    Another forum (is it too early to talk about the 2017's) stated that 27.5 s-works and pro models get boost system but 29ers get 100/142. No one knows for sure it seems. It would be nice if Specialized could weigh in here. Or do we need to wait till Interbike to find out for sure.

Out riding my Scalpel
    Hi there everyone. Well today I pulled the trigger on a new 2017 Specialized Camber Comp 29er. Got it for a great deal. Should have it have it later this week. I'm super excited. Here's the link of the one I bought.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bi...rbon-29/115256

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I just did my pivot bearing service. About half of the bearings were stuck. This is after 5 months of riding, all kinds of weather. Some where covered with dirt, some had none. Some bearings without dirt were also stuck. I guess it's just luck which will end up stuck.

There disassembly is straight forward, there is only one bolt that's not "normal". The one that connects yoke, frame link and seatstay is different. It's bolt in bolt design.

Attachment 1085358

Smaller bolt has left hand thread, so it'll release clockwise. Bigger bolt is attached to yoke and has normal thread.

First you have to take out the shock, release upper shock eye and after that lower shock screw.

After that you need to lift the rear end so you can remove the screw from the inside of the yoke. It has left hand threads, so you need to turn it clockwise to release. After that remove to other bolt. If you start with the outside bolt it will pull out the bearing from frame link and probably do some other damage aswell.

After that everything is easy, just normal thrubolts.
    Can you buy these bolts or do you need a bolt kit? Cant find one online and my lbs didnt either... They had to make some calls and stuff.

There two of these bolts... I broke them .... Crippled a broken shoulder and didnt do what I should... INstead of releasing the inner small one first I started with the big and assumed they where just bolted together. The collar on the small one broke in like one turn on both sides.

YES im stupid... But now the shock is serviced at least.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bradwin2 View Post
    I should have mine tomorrow, so I'll post some pictures ASAP after I pick it up. I've been told it's boost, so I'm looking forward to confirming that and how much my Med will weigh.

Out riding my Scalpel
    Quote Originally Posted by Colticus View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking as well. My 2017 Camber will have non boost wheels. 100/142 like old school. Boost won't make a difference to me either. Boost won't make any of us better riders. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NiklasP View Post
    Can you buy these bolts or do you need a bolt kit? Cant find one online and my lbs didnt either... They had to make some calls and stuff.

There two of these bolts... I broke them .... Crippled a broken shoulder and didnt do what I should... INstead of releasing the inner small one first I started with the big and assumed they where just bolted together. The collar on the small one broke in like one turn on both sides.

YES im stupid... But now the shock is serviced at least.
    Haha I did the EXACT same thing. I had to buy the entire bolt kit as specialized does not sell individual fasteners.

It was around $35 for the kit, which sucked

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87