Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    Genius_rider
    Sep 2010
    Thanks Bikebr,
    I was told by the LBS mechanic that the Camber has a 68 mm shell. I will go back and measure it myself. I am planning to get a new crankset (the one on my NRS is 8 years old) so I may go with an external bearing version which can accomodate either shell size.

Greetings

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikebr
    Hi Bicimapas,
    please check the bottom bracket width. For me it seems to be 73mm. The Expert uses a standard outboard bearings, hollowtech type (probably a SM-BB50 or BB70), not the Octalink ES-25. Another mistake in Specialized's site...
    Same as for the FSR XC. The Specialized site was wrong so its always best to check yourself. No probs when you have a Hollowtech II though.

Unpredictable
    Quote Originally Posted by dkbikes4life
    For those of you that have one of these, would you consider it an aggressive XC bike/ light AM? Do you think it would handle some small jumps with landings and maybe once or twice a 4 foot or so drop with a landing? I'm looking for something to possibly replace my 08 FSRxc Comp that will still be nice for doing long 50 mile rides, but also enought bike to play around with here and there. I would be changing out the fork to one with a 15QR though if that makes a difference.
    The bike will do what you want and pretty well, but if you have a hankering to air and really rough trails, then you should get heavier wheels and rubber.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am following up this thread for a while and thinking of to get a Camber Expert 26 er, I am riding a "13.5" Swiss Code hardtail" (I know it's too small for me), it's big step for me and I wanted a FS bike which can last me for at least next 5 years or life.

I am 38 years chinese, 5.6"/ 156lb, my arm length 20.5" and inseam of 32", I am caught in between S or M size for Camber FSR; according to the chart, I should go for the "M" but I worried it will be too big for me. (I am learning to wheely and bunny hop now)

Appreciate all the Camberer out there can give me some advice, thanx.

Is it Friday yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by samuel1996

I am 38 years chinese, 5.6"/ 156lb, my arm length 20.5" and inseam of 32", I am caught in between S or M size for Camber FSR; according to the chart, I should go for the "M" but I worried it will be too big for me. (I am learning to wheely and bunny hop now)

Appreciate all the Camberer out there can give me some advice, thanx.
    Hi Samuel,
    I'm going to assume that you can't get on a Camber to test ride, because this is by far your best bet. Do you have a Specialized dealer? If so, go get on an FSR XC and see how the S and M fit you. They're similar enough that you (and the dealer) will know the right size. If you're still on the fence, I would say get the smaller bike because you can always get a longer stem and/or seatpost on a bike that is too small. If you go too large, you're stuck with the frame dimensions. Good luck, and post some pics when you make your purchase!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hi kwides,

Thanks for your advice, there is a Specialized dealer here in Penang, Malaysia. But I guess they do not have the FSR XC, the Camber stock had just arrived 2 days ago and they are trying to assemble the S and M model for me to try out..

I am so excited as I might go and try it out this afternoon, an early Christmas gift for me from my own wallet ^^

mtbr member
    wow, gotta have one. think ill talk to the guy at the lbs tomorrow. on the layaway plan i should be able to swing a comp or an elite by april, just when id really want to start the season. nice that the pricepoint is actually obtainable. the bike is like a little brother to the stumpy, not an ugly half-stepchild like the fsr was.

Is it Friday yet?
    How'd it go Samuel?

I've never ridden in MY, but have a friend who rode in Singapore and said it was awesome.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hi kwrides,

Yeah, quite number of Singaporean will cross the strait to cycle in MY.. Cycling is getting popular here..

Well, I tested both S and M size, I found S size is more comfortable, may be I get used to the smaller bike (My HT is only 13.5"). I felt M size is little too big, seems like bigger then me.. I will be travelling for the next 5 days so I will take some time to think about this.. Is it true that bigger bike are more stable when doing uphill climb? I am newbie and stuck in the sizing the right bike..

I'm thinking of to go for Camber coz Specialized claimed that it is in between Epic and Stumpy, please share with me how's your Camber performance so far? Thanx..

Is it Friday yet?
    I really like the bike, but I recommend saving up the coin to get the better models with a shock that has pro-pedal. Mine really bobs a lot on flats or when climbing. Sure, I can reach down and lock them it, but it's not convenient. I'm going to upgrade mine.

I mostly ride on very rooty trails with a lot of tight angles. We have several ups and downs, but only of 20 feet or so. Biggest drop off is probably 3 feet. The bike excels in all those conditions, except for very steep climbs, where the bob gets in the way of progress.

I'm very pleasantly surprised with the performance of the cheapo brakes and love the stock saddle and handlebar. The tires are ok, but slip a bit in dry conditions.

I hope that helps. If you have specific questions, fire away.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hey kwrides, I appreciate very much for your details explanation, this help a lot especially for a newbie like me.

I guess I had make up my mind to go for the Expert model, but tomorrow I will drop by Kuala Lumpur Specialized concept shop (350KM south from where I live, travel by car of coz) to do the final test ride to see if the S size really suitable for me, if everything goes smooth, I am going to get a Specialized Camber Expert Silver/ Black by next Monday 20 Dec ^-^

Thanx a lot!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Suppose to collect my S size Camber Expert today, but when I were there in the shop, the LBS told me I got to wait for another 4-5 days coz the Reba Fork has some manufacturing defect, they need to replace a new one.... sigh....

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

teeth #

Does anybody know the size ( teeth ) of the Camber Pro 29er chainrings?

Semi-Hairless Sasquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by dlorga
    Does anybody know the size ( teeth ) of the Camber Pro 29er chainrings?
    Pretty sure they're 33/22

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    They seem bigger than that.

Semi-Hairless Sasquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by dlorga
    They seem bigger than that.
    It's totally possible that they are. I'm just guessing at 33/22 as that's the size of the rings on the Stumpy FSR 29ers w/ 2x10s and the 2x10s of the Stumpy FSR 26ers aside from the EVO seem to be the same as the Camber Pro 26er. Epic Expert Carbon 29er and Sworks 29er have 38x24, but they are described as XC double cranksets, where as the Stumpy FSR and Camber Pro are listed as XC Trail double cranksets.

I don't now how much bigger of a big ring I'd want for the 29" wheels on a 2x10 personally. Trying to torque up bigger hills in 32/36 on the 3x10 of the Epic Comp 29er I test rode for a couple of days was definitely giving a pretty substantial workout already. The 38/24 rings on my Camber Pro 26er have definitely encouraged me into using the FD alot more than I used to.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    If they were 38/24, I would buy one, I need bigger than 33/22.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Spooky creaky BB

Anybody else have a really creaky BB on a new Camber? I've got a Camber Expert that is creaking like a haunted house under any kind of load. I called my LBS and they said ride it a few more times then bring it in for a tune up. Is this think just loose? It creaks more than my 11 year old Stumpy M2 comp did!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Need to pick a Camber size

I'm down to my short list for a new dual suspension bike. The Camber has made that list. Not sure what size I need. I'm on a 15.5 2009 stumpy hardtail right now which feels about right. However, I'm apparently overlap on S's susp. bikes b/w small/med. frames. I've ridden a small stumpy fsr comp for a day earlier in the year out in Vegas and have ridden a medium Camber for about 5 minutes. The med. felt pretty good and standover was Ok. What r u guys riding? I'm 5'7" w/ 29.5" inseam, 25.25" trunk and 25" arms I've done a fit calculator and it advised I need a bike w/ around 28.1"-28.7" of standover and a virtual TT of around 23.1-23.5
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    My other half's a little shorter than you and she went for a medium as she preferred the extra room in the cockpit - though it's all down to personal preference. Happily it does mean that at 6', I can just about fit into it until I get my own bike sorted!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Great thread and awesome machines!

I got one too, yesterday! Merry Christmas

5'7" on a small, weight distribution felt more fun and confident.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Greater than Gravity,

Sweet!!! Is that a Zee Cage? I cant find green color in Malaysia, can you help me to source one?

Mine still in LBS awaiting for the Reba shock replacement. But I get them to change to Green Jagwire for the gear cable...I guess I have to wait for another 2- 3 days to bring her home..

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Any idea what is the weight for the S size Camber Expert? 26lb?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hey samuel, yes it is a Zee Cage! I got it at the LBS.

Green cable housing is a good Idea! Can you post pics with the green cable housing when you get your bike? Im trying to find green hydraulic hoses for the brakes..

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    GTG/ Kwrides,

My S size Camber Expert finally home, will bring her for a virgin ride in one hour time.. I am damn excited ^^

Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast