Page 68 of 127 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3160
    mtbr member

Official Specialized Camber Thread

I'm running stock 2013. set up for tires 2.3 GC in front and 2.1 GC in rear..
    I was thinking of running the 2.1 in the front and buying the 1.9 GC for the rear... What are the positives and negatives of wider or narrower tires?
    I was thinking of making the change to save a few ounces in rubber and I'd guess less rolling resistance on narrower tires....what do u guys think or know?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksousa81 View Post
    I was thinking of running the 2.1 in the front and buying the 1.9 GC for the rear... What are the positives and negatives of wider or narrower tires?
    I was thinking of making the change to save a few ounces in rubber and I'd guess less rolling resistance on narrower tires....what do u guys think or know?
    I love the GC 2.1 in front ... rear I prefer a nice rolling tyre, Larssen tt is great for where I live, rocky & dusty south of spain. totally depends on the kind of riding you do and what kind of terrain ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 365rider View Post
    I love the GC 2.1 in front ... rear I prefer a nice rolling tyre, Larssen tt is great for where I live, rocky & dusty south of spain. totally depends on the kind of riding you do and what kind of terrain ...
    I live in the northeastern United states, mostly rocky and rooty terrain. I like the way the GC hooks up with the earth I just was trying to save some weight and possibly reduce rolling resistance

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I have a dilemma gentlemen and looking for your advice. I currently have a 2012 camber 29. This is the bottom of the line camber and weight is around 32 pounds. Correct me if I am wrong. I am looking to drop weight but then I looked at the 2013 camber comp. it's weight is around 28 lbs. I figured I could sell me bike for 1400 to 1500. Add about 700 to get the 2013 model. Or should I use 700 to upgrade my current bike?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have a camber comp 26. and it was a beast. i moved to the cannondale scalpel 3. 29er with lefty and it was alot lighter.

i would just sell your bike up grade to newer bike. high components lighter weight. go 2bliss that will help you drop some weight.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdthomas2 View Post
    I have a dilemma gentlemen and looking for your advice. I currently have a 2012 camber 29. This is the bottom of the line camber and weight is around 32 pounds. Correct me if I am wrong. I am looking to drop weight but then I looked at the 2013 camber comp. it's weight is around 28 lbs. I figured I could sell me bike for 1400 to 1500. Add about 700 to get the 2013 model. Or should I use 700 to upgrade my current bike?
    My first bike was a base model that I upgraded in the end it still didn't match up....sell your current rig and start fresh with the 2013 comp model

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I would actually think, though I could be wrong, that you would get less rolling resistance with a wider tire....well at least a wider tire that weighs the same as a skinnier tire. Example...think about a fat bike, they used big ol fat tires and you can ride them in the sand, try riding a skinnier tire in the sand and you'll get no where. Make sense? The wider tire, to me, would sit on top of the trail while a skinnier tire would sink in to the trail??

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

re rolling resistance

^^^ Schwalbe reckon their research proves what goatman said - all other things equal - see:

Rolling Resistance | Schwalbe North America

Competent User

I've got the same issue and bike, but I actually have upgraded everything except the fork and shock. I got down to 29 lbs.

But the problem with that frame isn't the weight. It's the straight head tube and the QR dropouts, and after having ridden it, I want more travel.

My plan is to get a new frame, move my newer components over and build the camber back to stock. Then I'll either have a second bike to keep, or sell. I doubt you're gonna get 1300 for it when a new base Camber is less than 2K retail. I mean, good luck, but realistically your be lucky to get $1000, unless it's pristine.

I'm looking at getting a Tallboy LT frame, btw.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i say purchase a Camber Carbon and give it to your co-worker as in good faith..lol

mtbr member
    I have the 2013 and would recommend upgrading. Mine is 29 lbs after I added a WTB saddle, Ergon grips, saddle bag, and gps mount. It rides much lighter than my cannondale that was just a little bit heavier. This bike definitely took my riding to the next level.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Camber Carbon Expert EVO
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    I have the 2013 and would recommend upgrading. Mine is 29 lbs after I added a WTB saddle, Ergon grips, saddle bag, and gps mount. It rides much lighter than my cannondale that was just a little bit heavier. This bike definitely took my riding to the next level.
    If you don't mind me asking... Which wtb saddle did you put on your bike

mtbr member
    If you don't mind me asking... Which wtb saddle did you put on your bike
    Pure V Race - much more comfortable than the stock saddle.
    Ride like you stole it!

2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    Pure V Race - much more comfortable than the stock saddle.
    I had that exact saddle on my previous bike... Best saddle around for the price hands down.. I recommend it to everyone!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Well gentlemen, it is done. I ended up selling my 2012 Base Model camber for $1400. And then bought the 2013 Camber Comp. Just riding around the streets, man I can tell a difference. The shift speed in my 12' were decent but these are just a little faster. The major difference is in the front fork. I never really knew what people were talking about when they said it was "plush" until now. Very impressive. The back with the auto sag is a nice touch. My buddy is trying to convince me to go tubeless. I just cant see messing with brand new tires. What do you guys think? The bike was just purchased today.

I will try and go out for my first ride tomorrow. I will let you guy know how it goes.

mtbr member
    GO TUBELESS!!!
    it's totally worth it. It can be done for about $30. Look up gorilla tubeless on YouTube for an easy how to. I use homebrew vs Stans.

mtbr member
    Well gentlemen, it is done. I ended up selling my 2012 Base Model camber for $1400. And then bought the 2013 Camber Comp. Just riding around the streets, man I can tell a difference. The shift speed in my 12' were decent but these are just a little faster. The major difference is in the front fork. I never really knew what people were talking about when they said it was "plush" until now. Very impressive. The back with the auto sag is a nice touch. My buddy is trying to convince me to go tubeless. I just cant see messing with brand new tires. What do you guys think? The bike was just purchased today.

I will try and go out for my first ride tomorrow. I will let you guy know how it goes.
    Congratulations! X2 on tubeless.
    Ride like you stole it!

2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member

Go tubeless

Competent User

Nice work.

mtbr member
    For 29er go 2bliss, Carbon frame, 1x10, carbon bars, std seat tube = 26 #'s. I like Purgatory up front and GC in the back.
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

I Ride Bikes
    My buddy is trying to convince me to go tubeless. I just cant see messing with brand new tires. What do you guys think?

TUBELESS.....the only regret you will have is not doing it sooner.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Well I was not able to ride yet but I did convert over to tubeless. WOW. What a difference. It's was way easier to do than I thought. Somehow it even improved the way the bike handles in turns. I was riding around the neighborhood. But I was wondering if u still carry a tube on the trail. Any insight would be great.

PS: thanks to all who helped me make two good decisions 1) selling my 2012 base camber for 2013 comp and 2) going tubeless.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Oh... One more question. How much psi are u guys running with stock tires tubeless 2013 camber comp. I am currently running 30psi and I weigh 175lbs.

mtbr member
    Carry a tube, some extra sealant, and if you don't already a 'boot' for sidewall tears. I have a section I cut from a gallon milk jug. Don't use CO2 to fill your tires anymore either, it speeds up the sealant drying process. If you have to use CO2, make sure the valve isn't in the 6 o'clock possition when filling to keep the blast away from the sealant.

Which tubeless meathod did you use? Do you have schraeder or presta valves?

I run 30 psi front and back on a 2012 camber 29er with stock rims/tires, any less and my rear tire burps. I weigh A LOT more than you though. It all kind of depends on the rims, tires, personal prefrence, and terrain. keep decreasing PSI untill you run into problems than give it a little bump.

mtbr member

Yes I keep a tube and co2 just in case.
    I popped off a trail and rode the street for one mile and got a piece of glass in the tire that ripped a 1" cut in the side wall.... Having the tube allowed me to get back to my car..

Page 68 of 127 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast