Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,400 of 4453
    mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008

Camber Expert Evo 4 Sale

Ok I now have 3 Cambers 2 Expert Evo and an S-Works conversion (in build)
    So time to thin the herd a little

Selling Large 2014 Camber Expert Evo-Rs-1/Monarch RT3/Carbon Rovals......Blah Blah Blah

Search Camber Evo on PB for details

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    My 2015 Camber Expert Carbon Evo...

+ Roval Traverse SL Fatties
    + Race Face Next 35mm Bar
    + Race Face Turbine 35 Stem

Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice camber and butcher

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
    Ok I now have 3 Cambers 2 Expert Evo and an S-Works conversion (in build)
    So time to thin the herd a little

Selling Large 2014 Camber Expert Evo-Rs-1/Monarch RT3/Carbon Rovals......Blah Blah Blah

Search Camber Evo on PB for details
    Did you sell your bike? there are no Large camber expert evo's on PB
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008

Sold

Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    Did you sell your bike? there are no Large camber expert evo's on PB
    Sold it
    But I may have a real peach if you are interested
    If you want a one of a kind Camber this is it
    For Sale but not listed yet
    If interested send Private message
    just a heads up It is expensive

2015 Camber Expert Evo Slideshow by kato1dog | Photobucket

Official Specialized Camber Thread - Page 131- Mtbr.com

and here are the latest upgrades
    Official Specialized Camber Thread - Page 134- Mtbr.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
    Sold it
    But I may have a real peach if you are interested
    If you want a one of a kind Camber this is it
    For Sale but not listed yet
    If interested send Private message
    just a heads up It is expensive

2015 Camber Expert Evo Slideshow by kato1dog | Photobucket

Official Specialized Camber Thread - Page 131- Mtbr.com

and here are the latest upgrades
    Official Specialized Camber Thread - Page 134- Mtbr.com
    Congrats, I was just curious. two bikes is enough for me. I have been shopping for a MR2 or Miata for the summer and they will be around 5-6k which is what most overpriced bicycles go for.
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thinking about slackening out my 15 Camber evo alu even more. I have two ideas to do so, might do both but was wondering if any of you have done these yet.
    1. Running a 195x51 shock (stumpy evo 26/650b) vs the 197x51 stock shock
    2. offset shock bushings
    3. both

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Can anyone give me a weight on a stock camber comp aluminum frame. I'm probably going with a medium just curious of the weight before I order it

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mxracer394 View Post
    Can anyone give me a weight on a stock camber comp aluminum frame. I'm probably going with a medium just curious of the weight before I order it
    If I'm not mistaken the Camber Comp Alu comes in at a little over 29lbs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Has anyone had any issues with the 2015 camber comps. Having a helluva time trying to decide between it and the epic comp

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Has anyone had any issues with the 2015 camber comps. Having a helluva time trying to decide between it and the epic comp
    For a pure racer, the Epic is great. For a bike that soaks up the bumps a bit better, and is more fun as an everyday bike, get the Camber.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Will the camber still be competive in a xc cat 3 class? Also now debating if I go camber do I go Evo or comp. Not sure of the weight difference or the climbing ability between the two I know the evo will be better down hill. But there aren't any major decents around me

Does NOT know it all!
    Will the camber still be competive in a xc cat 3 class? Also now debating if I go camber do I go Evo or comp. Not sure of the weight difference or the climbing ability between the two I know the evo will be better down hill. But there aren't any major decents around me
    A lot depends on the rider. I have a 2014 Camber Comp Carbon and my ridding buddy has a 2014 Camber Comp. He likes riding my Camber better than his, but he couldn't afford the Carbon model and it's upgrades - but since he is in better shape than I am, he can beat me both uphill and downhill. Either bike you choose should be able to handle what you describe and both will be fun to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Yeah, it will absolutely be competitive. It's a surprisingly efficient bike when pedaling. I'm planning to get a Camber EVO for a bike I can race or take on an all day adventure equally well.

One consideration: the EVO has a lower bottom bracket, and it's noticeable. For me, it's noticeable in a really good way, I can just lean it into a turn and it carves. The EVO is also a little shorter in reach and higher in stack. I like a compact cockpit with wide (760mm+) handlebars and a short (50mm) stem, so it's perfect for me. Personal preference will vary.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Hello,i have camber evo, im thinking to change tires,and i would like to know which combination rolls better, Ground control 2.1(sworks) in front and rear or ground control 2.1(sworks) rear, purgatory 2.3(control) front?

Does NOT know it all!
    I'm running S-Works Ground Control 2.3 front and 2.1 rear and like how they feel where I ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by edvapa View Post
    Hello,i have camber evo, im thinking to change tires,and i would like to know which combination rolls better, Ground control 2.1(sworks) in front and rear or ground control 2.1(sworks) rear, purgatory 2.3(control) front?
    GC will roll better, Purg will have more traction. I like the GC 2.3F/2.1R combo also. I've also run 2.3GC front w/ 2.2 FastTrak rear for a fast rolling combo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jester6578 View Post
    GC will roll better, Purg will have more traction. I like the GC 2.3F/2.1R combo also. I've also run 2.3GC front w/ 2.2 FastTrak rear for a fast rolling combo.
    This is what I've been riding for a little while. 2.3 GC-C front, 2.2 FT-C rear. I've recently moved up to 38mm rims and this combo mounted and rides great in them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Well I think I have decided to go with the evo comp. it will be tube less. Carbon bars and carbon seat post set up with a narrow wide 32t chain ring. No front derailuer or anything. Any idea what this thing will weight?

mtbr member
    Well I think I have decided to go with the evo comp. it will be tube less. Carbon bars and carbon seat post set up with a narrow wide 32t chain ring. No front derailuer or anything. Any idea what this thing will weight?
    Definately 28.47 to 30.62 pounds. ;-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    With a median of 29.437lbs?

mtbr member
    For whatever it's worth... I think my 2013 Camber Comp, 1x with 36t, carbon 38mm rims, tubeless, no carbon elsewhere is ~28.7 lbs. Gained almost 1# with the wheel upgrade, but who's counting...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    You should put a dropper on that bike, imo. Best invention in mountain biking since suspension.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jester6578 View Post
    Now i have Butcher-C 2.3F / Purg-C 2.3R , but i dont need a downhill tire in front,and its heavy as hell.. And i can get 2x 2.1 GC-Sworks new for 20EUROS ..so im thinking to get it for better rolling and lighter weight. Sorry for bad english)

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Has anyone tried running a piggy back shock on a camber yet? Specifically the Monarch plus rt3 debonair

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    2014 Medium Camber evo comp, carbon X01 crank, 28t narrow wide chainring, xt pedals, 2.3 butcher in the front, 2.3 purgatory in the rear. 27.5lbs. Same set up with Carbon Controls (non sl's) was 26.5. There is more weight to be lost if you are willing to go carbon on bars, stem, lighter seat, etc.

2015 Large Camber Comp Evo, all stock with I9/Stans wheels - 27.85 lbs. (still set up 2x10)

Hope this helps,
    SM

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I've never used a dropper seat post and don't know anyone with one. May look into them. I was hoping it would be in the low 27's. I think that's one thing that's keeping the epic in my mind is the extra couple of pounds

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    That's what I was looking for things for posting that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    For reference, my medium 2013 epic carbon comp, set up 1x10, carbon crank, same xt pedals, i9 super lights (vertically the same weight as the carbon rovals) carbon seat post, with 2.2 GCs in the front and 2.0 FTs in the back was a few ounces over 24lbs. So, for simple math, lets say 24.25lbs. Add the stock wheelset back to that bike and it is up around 25 even. SO, you are paying a 2.25-2.5lbs penalty for the camber. Plus, the epic will climb better. Anyone who says otherwise isn't telling you the truth.

Having said that, I would NEVER go back to an epic after spending some time on my camber evos. Yes, they are a little heavier, yes, the epic climbs better with the brain, but everywhere else, the Evo is tough to beat. IMO it is way more fun, better on descents, turns just as good without having to have such a steep HT angle and is is way easier on the backside. Now, I am 43 years old, so if you are a young buck, that might not matter as much to you.

If you can, search out of the Spec rider demo days and ride both if you can. As much as I love my evo, that doesn't mean the next guy will. With as much as bikes cost nowadays, you are really doing yourself an injustice if you don't test ride first, if at all humanly possible.

Good luck with your search and decision.

SM

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    PS
    Forgot, there is some definite weight difference in the tires between those two bikes, so probably a little under the 2.25 difference I posted.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm

Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg
    My 15 Camber Evo with a Pike and Race Face sixc bars

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Unfortunately the closes dealer is 2 hours away and don't see any demo days anywhere near me. That's why I'm looking for info on here. And the lbs that carries them doesn't even have a epic or camber in stock. After almost 20 years of mx racing I think the comfort may be worth it with all the aches I have. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the evo just don't know if I should spend the little extra and go with the carbon comp over it

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Here is my final build for my 15 Camber Expert Evo. I debated over my Pike or Control Carbons, 35mm handle bars and stem. In the end, I went with a lighter weight version.

2015 Camber Expert Evo
    Rockshox SID Carbon Steerer with RCT3 Damper
    S-Works Cranks with WT 32 T ring
    XX1 derailleur, cassette, shifter
    Roval Traverse Fattie SL with S-Works 2.3 tires (Purg up front adn GC in Rear)
    Magura MT8 Brakes
    RockShox Shock with Avy tune
    Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
    Henge Ti rail seat
    720mm Easton EC70 Carbon bars
    FSA SLK Stem
    Ti spindle candy pedals
    Frameskin everywhere (this weighs .3 pounds)

The weight as you see it is 24.3 pounds. Before the frameskin and some extra tire sealant it was 23.7 pounds.
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_0371.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Unfortunately the closes dealer is 2 hours away and don't see any demo days anywhere near me. That's why I'm looking for info on here. And the lbs that carries them doesn't even have a epic or camber in stock. After almost 20 years of mx racing I think the comfort may be worth it with all the aches I have. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the evo just don't know if I should spend the little extra and go with the carbon comp over it

The carbon is only about .8lbs lighter than the al frame. But, it is way stiffer. IMO, if you can afford it, go for it. But, before you even worry about the frame, invest it a good set of carbon wheels. You will notice them a heck of a lot more than you will notice the frame. The control carbons completely changed the AL camber evo I was using before my carbon came in. In fact, once I rode it I was questioning getting the Expert carbon evo. Having said all this, if you can swing carbon frame AND carbon hoops, you are pretty much set until you simply get tired of the bike.

SM

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Maybe down the road I could swing the carbon hoops but for now 3500 is about my max

Does NOT know it all!
    If you get the carbon frame now you can always pickup a pair of carbon wheels later. I found these on Craigslist for $600.
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I agree, work with the frame first and other components can be upgraded to the great frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Cool-blue Rhythm New bike here!

Love the bike - I threw on a 140mm Fox CTD which I can't say enough good things about, I really like it over the RockShock. I also put on EASTON XC rims, but I taco'd one of them already so I'll get some ENVE's soon, maybe in a few months...

I've got a ENVE 720mm handle bar and carbon post in the mail, they should help a bit to keep the weight down. Overall this is a fantastic bike!

Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_20150403_110833.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    That's the thing I can go camber evo aluminum or go camber comp carbon and upgrade the hoops in a few months hopefully . Since I can't ride either before I purchase im hoping someone can tell me get this one it's perfect lol

Does NOT know it all!
    That's the thing I can go camber evo aluminum or go camber comp carbon and upgrade the hoops in a few months hopefully . Since I can't ride either before I purchase im hoping someone can tell me get this one it's perfect lol
    Only you can make that decision. I met a guy on a mountain ride with an Epic and he told me he wished he would of bought the Camber instead. He felt the Epic was too much race bike and not enough comfortable bike. I have never ridden an Epic - but I love my Camber Comp Carbon.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I am going to side with the Camber Comp Carbon. Although it MAY make a difference, I am hard pressed to think 10mm of travel makes a night/day difference. The components are not too far spaced apart in quality. The carbon frame is something you can't replace later.

I'll put it this way. I ride a 2013 Camber Comp (aluminum). My other 2 bikes are carbon (one of which is *just* my commuter). The ONLY reason I didn't go carbon is because they were still still using the old style swing arm in 2013 on the carbon models. I would be hard pressed to believe you would regret going carbon now.
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0
    2015 Surly Karate Monkey Ops (the commuter)

mtbr member
    Maybe down the road I could swing the carbon hoops but for now 3500 is about my max
    If you are looking at the Camber Comp Carbon version (MSRP $3500) then a bike shop i just visited said Spec is having a sale right now ending Sunday April 12 on some models. Spec has $400 off right now on the Comp Carbon version. If you are in good with your shop and they are an authorized dealer than perhaps they can knock off $200 more themselves. Maybe $2900 new? I do not believe that the $400 off is a hit to the bike shop rather a direct discount from Spec. There is something crazy like $1k off the Epic Elite (or maybe it was expert)WC, but that is way too far from my budget still so i didn't pay attention.

Anyhow to my point... maybe $2900 new so you have a few $ left to upgrade. Maybe even find a way to make the carbon wheels work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
    I am going to side with the Camber Comp Carbon. Although it MAY make a difference, I am hard pressed to think 10mm of travel makes a night/day difference.
    No, not the travel, but the geometry makes a big difference. (You can have that on a regular camber by changing to a fork with 20mm longer A-C and the EVO shock yoke, but those are expensive upgrades).

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Confisk8d131 View Post
    Love the bike - I threw on a 140mm Fox CTD which I can't say enough good things about, I really like it over the RockShock. I also put on EASTON XC rims, but I taco'd one of them already so I'll get some ENVE's soon, maybe in a few months...

I've got a ENVE 720mm handle bar and carbon post in the mail, they should help a bit to keep the weight down. Overall this is a fantastic bike!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150403_110833.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	979971
    140mm in front? doesn't it affect the frame?

mtbr member
    Doesn't hurt the frame just changes geometry leaning back more so the balance is off a hair and the turning isn't as tight and climbing is a little less comfortable.
    I put a dual mode 150/120 RS Revelation and never use it at 150 because of the steering and balance compromises.

I think 130mm might be ok but I don't recomend more.

mtbr member
    Camber is what it is , stop trying to modify it into something else .

If you want more travel and slacker HT then buy a stump jumper .
    2014 YETI SB95C , KS LEV seat post,Nextie Carbon Wheelset/Hope Hubs/27lbs
    Framed Alaskan Carbon X1 /26lbs/Nextie Hoops.

mtbr member
    I thought I wanted slacker than my camber came with so I demoed a stumpy Evo on the trails and didn't like the slacker angles at all. Found I love my camber even more!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jnicosia View Post
    Camber is what it is , stop trying to modify it into something else .

If you want more travel and slacker HT then buy a stump jumper .
    To each their own I suppose, however I must agree with this. If I wanted a 140mm travel bike then I would simply buy one that was originally designed and built that way. Some people must tinker I suppose and if that works for them and they are pleased with the results then by all means have at it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Has anyone made camber evo a 1x10 system from 2x10? Does it need spacers on single ring for correct chainline?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by edvapa View Post
    Has anyone made camber evo a 1x10 system from 2x10? Does it need spacers on single ring for correct chainline?
    I run a 1x10 on my 15 evo and it shifts like a beauty, no spacers.