Page 66 of 115 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2871
    mtbr member
    Thx. Guys, I decided on the white and red. Out of curiosity, Does that rear shock accept and remote lock out?

mtbr member
    Love the White/Red! Picked mine up yesterday and it even got the attention of the LBS workers. I've got 2 rides in already and I can't say enough good things about this bike. It definitely has taken my riding to the next level. Need a few more rides in preparation for a 32 mile epic at Mt. Ida and the Womble in two weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_1298.jpeg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_1300.jpeg  

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    The bike looks GREAT! I love mine and every time I ride it, I enjoy it more and more. I am doing things on it I would never have done on my HT (I do crash more as a result, but that isn't the bike's fault).

I replaced the seatpost clamp on my Camber this weekend... I couldn't ride 10 miles without the post fully slipping into the frame (and that was with Park's carbon paste, it was less than 10 minutes without it). I stole the seatpost clamp off my old bike and it works perfectly. 24 miles on the bike last night with no slipping.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
    The bike looks GREAT! I love mine and every time I ride it, I enjoy it more and more. I am doing things on it I would never have done on my HT (I do crash more as a result, but that isn't the bike's fault).

I replaced the seatpost clamp on my Camber this weekend... I couldn't ride 10 miles without the post fully slipping into the frame (and that was with Park's carbon paste, it was less than 10 minutes without it). I stole the seatpost clamp off my old bike and it works perfectly. 24 miles on the bike last night with no slipping.
    I had the same problem with the demo bike but thought it was the clamp since it looked like it had been stripped. But today I had the same problem with my new bike. Looks like I'll be ordering a new Thomson clamp and might even add a Thomson setback seat post.

mtbr member
    I had the very same issue with my 2012. Clamps just dont hold. I purchased an Origin model and have never had an issue again.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    My clamp hasn't held well either. Glad to see there is a solution.

mtbr member

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Does anyone know of a chart I could reference that would have rider weights and recommended psi for tubeless set ups?
    I weight 249lbs
    What should u run for psi in my tires?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Does anyone know of a chart I could reference that would have rider weights and recommended psi for tubeless set ups?
    I weight 249lbs
    Thanks!
    It's really hit or miss depending on your terrain tires and rims. What bike do you have with what tires?
    I have a '12 camber 29er and weight 270. I run 30 psi front and rear on the stock tires. Any less and my rear burps a lot. We have very rocky trails here in AZ.
    You'll just have to start low and if you have issues increase PSI until you find your sweet spot.

mtbr member

Official Specialized Camber Thread

13 camber with stock wheels... Running 36 in rear and 32 in front....I live in New England so mix terrain rocky and rooty

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksousa81 View Post
    I weight 249lbs
    Thanks!
    I run 30 front / 32 rear but thinking about trying 28/30. I'd also like to see a reference chart but I'm guessing there are too many variables so it's just a matter of trial and error.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjim57 View Post
    I added Stans strips and valves to mine for tubeless. Had a friend do it all for me with my assistance. Great experience and will not go back to tubes. I typically ride at 23 lbs front and rear. With tubes I would certainly pinch flat tires, been there, done that.

Did you use the All mountain 29er kit or the cross country 29er kit? I think 'm going to do it before i even ride the bike.

mtbr member
    23 and 23. Great traction and an overall smoothness to the ride.

mtbr member
    195lbs on bike. 12psi front 15 psi rear. stock 12 camber carbon comp. hard pack snow is what i currently ride on.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by jammin View Post
    Did you use the All mountain 29er kit or the cross country 29er kit? I think 'm going to do it before i even ride the bike.
    Kit? Nope. Bought stems and tape had Stan fluid already. A little prep on the rims with fine grit sand paper after removing the red strips that were there from Specialized replaced with Stan's tape. Overall the conversion went very fast but the guy that did it for me has done this many times.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    The red tape in the wheel is Specialized's version of Stan's tape... all you need to do is get the valve stem (which should have been included when you bought the bike) and sealant... install the valve stem, pour in the sealant and air it up to set the bead.

That is the theory anyway... I will let you know how it goes for me in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtjim57 View Post
    Kit? Nope. Bought stems and tape had Stan fluid already. A little prep on the rims with fine grit sand paper after removing the red strips that were there from Specialized replaced with Stan's tape. Overall the conversion went very fast but the guy that did it for me has done this many times.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

Competent User
    I thought the blue tape was the sealed version. Mine had red tape, and wasn't tubeless ready.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    I thought the blue tape was the sealed version. Mine had red tape, and wasn't tubeless ready.
    Same here.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    Hmmmm..... interesting. Glad I haven't poured sealant in. I find it strange to be given the valves but no tape....
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    I'd have been happy getting the valves, at least I would have saved a few bucks.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Hoping to ride mine again soon. Much needed rain over night Saturday, but the trails are toast. Talk of one of mine opening Wednesday/Thursday though.

I will also add that I am a bit indifferent with the stock tires right now. I need to play with pressures more (and go tubeless) but I have had a few "sh@t!" moments leaning the bike over in turns when I can feel the back tire let go. I haven't fallen as a result (I do have an attraction for trees though resulting in falls).
    Fat guys need bikes too.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    So what width tape do I need for my comp wheels? 21 or 25mm? Anybody know off hand?
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
    So what width tape do I need for my comp wheels? 21 or 25mm? Anybody know off hand?
    I just bought a 2013 camber comp a few weeks back. The rims on the 2013 models are 2bliss ready...no tape needed. Take off your tire and look at the rim strip, mine was green and said "2bliss" just like the tires. Last night all I did was take out the tubes, put in the valves that came with the bike, added 2 scoops of stan's per tire, remounted, and pumped both front and rear up with my floor pump, no problems. I find that if I cram my thumb on the middle of the tire, right at the valve (almost pushing the tire against the top of the valve in the rim) that I have no trouble getting the beads seated and the tires holding air. I don't know why this helps but it does help me

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

2012 Camber Expert Carbon Evo R

Hello, newbie here. Here's my (new today) Camber 29er in XXL - bought as a run out special for a good price - can't wait to get some air under it tomorrow morning - its been raining here so the trails will be fast (sand and 'pea' gravel).
    PS. 26.7 lbs at the mo' - probably should be able to crack 26 with a bit of work - not bad for XXL methinks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-mtb-009-small-kb.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by marvin rouge; 03-15-2013 at 04:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    That's a nice bike, marvin. Very light!

I'm wondering if anyone here has brought new wheels for their Camber. I'm looking to get a set of Notubes wheels, but the 9 mm QR option on the Camber is a bit of a pain. Will a new hub with regular 9 mm end caps make the front end noticeably less stiff?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    gor for Sun Ringle Super Charger Pro, very stiff wheel and u get lots of adapters, so you can use the front wheels for a 9mm qr or a 15 or 20 mm TA.

Page 66 of 115 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast