Page 65 of 127 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3158
    mtbr member
    My camber is M5 on the mainframe. Not sure about the triangle.
    Last edited by sgtjim57; 03-05-2013 at 05:06 AM.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff round two)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by jammin View Post
    Let me ask you guys this, Is the clearance there on the fork and rear triangle on the 2012 model with the 26" wheels to fit 29" wheels?, Maybe i could get the 26" model for now then over the winter upgrade it to 29" wheels. Then sell the 26" wheels for some extra cash.
    Do not do this. The difference between wheel sizes is way way more than just the wheels fitting. Not that they would, but it wouldn't be a bike you'd want to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    Do not do this. The difference between wheel sizes is way way more than just the wheels fitting. Not that they would, but it wouldn't be a bike you'd want to ride.

that's why i was asking. thx.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjim57 View Post
    My camber is M5 on the mainframe. Not sure about the triangle.
    There was a LOT of variety in 2012.. I just checked to see if I was crazy about the M4 only to see that the 26" models and the plain 29er had M4 while the Comp 29 had M5? That is interesting to me. So the 1.5 pounds saved is purely from the redesign? Makes me even happier to have selected a 2013. Now, I need new, lighter wheels... LoL
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    So far I have been very happy with the wheels, certainly more than the DT swisses on my Stumpjumper. At least these stay true. Lighter would be nicer but not a show (slow) stopper for me.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff round two)

mtbr member

Official Specialized Camber Thread

So I have two rides in so far on my camber. I have to say what was I thinking with keeping the hardtail for so long!!! Ouch!! All and any rough sections I an clean with practically the same speed that I headed into the section unlike my hardtail that slowed me down and bucked me around....

The bottom cover to the rear shifter is apparently missing after the second ride. How should i got about getting another cover?
    Does anyone know the weight of the 90mm stock stem?

How do you guys have your rebound set I'm a newbie to FS and wouldn't mind some direction. I have the fox ctd shock.
    Thanks

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Here is the chart to give you a starting point:

http://www.stenger-bike.de/download/...pecialized.pdf
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksousa81 View Post
    So I have two rides in so far on my camber. I have to say what was I thinking with keeping the hardtail for so long!!! Ouch!! All and any rough sections I an clean with practically the same speed that I headed into the section unlike my hardtail that slowed me down and bucked me around....

The bottom cover to the rear shifter is apparently missing after the second ride. How should i got about getting another cover?
    Does anyone know the weight of the 90mm stock stem?

How do you guys have your rebound set I'm a newbie to FS and wouldn't mind some direction. I have the fox ctd shock.
    Thanks
    Totally agree.The days I do ride the hard tail make me realize even more how much I enjoy the soft tail.

mtbr member
    Man, strike out every where, No xl 2012 camber comps. For the 2013's it seems the camber and camber comp have the same rear shock just different fork? Am i reading the specs right? I'm not worried about the components.

mtbr member
    You could look for one used. I bet someone somewhere bought one and is upgrading to the 13 this year.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Man, strike out every where, No xl 2012 camber comps. For the 2013's it seems the camber and camber comp have the same rear shock just different fork? Am i reading the specs right? I'm not worried about the components.
    The frame, rear shock and tires are the same... just about everything else is different.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
    The frame, rear shock and tires are the same... just about everything else is different.
    Cool thx. Maybe i will just get the camber then upgrade the fork next winter, Wonder why they didn't go with the Fox shock and fork for 2013 on the comp like the 2012? I just like the fox fork and shock myself. I'm going to the one bike shop near me tommarrow after work, Says he can make me a really good deal in my budget range on a 2013 comp, Not sure he can go down that far so will see.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    You will never regret the comp. I would venture to say that if you have any way to be patient and save your $$$ up a bit more, the comp is WELL worth the extra dough... not to mention, it will keep you happier longer without needing to upgrade.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    You will never regret the comp. I would venture to say that if you have any way to be patient and save your $$$ up a bit more, the comp is WELL worth the extra dough... not to mention, it will keep you happier longer without needing to upgrade.
    Agree, my new Comp is on order and should be ready Friday. I even splurged and upgraded the wheels on the advice of the LBS to Chris King Hubs on Stan's Arch rims with DT Super Comp spokes.

mtbr member

Knight thanks for the website with the rebound guidelines.

Competent User

The frame isn't the same. The 2013 camber frames are all redesigned. they're stiffer and lighter.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    The frame isn't the same. The 2013 camber frames are all redesigned. they're stiffer and lighter.
    I think he was asking about the differences between the 2013 Camber Comp and the 2013 Camber base model. Those use the same frame and rear shock.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member

Anyone looking for a wheelset? I replaced my wheels when I bought my 2013 comp carbon and I'd like I sell the stock wheels. They have the roval rims and specialized hi lo hubs 142mm in the rear. The roval sticks color is charcoal.
    The wheelset won't come with the rear skewer b/c my bike needs it.
    Brand new never even put on the bike.
    PM with any questions and offers. If there is interest ill post a picture
    Thanks

Competent User

I think he was asking about the differences between the 2013 Camber Comp and the 2013 Camber base model. Those use the same frame and rear shock.
    Oh. Well carry on then.

mtbr member
    Back from the local shop, He made me a great deal just above my budget. Going back friday to put a down payment on it so he can order it in. Just have to decide on what color now. very happy.

mtbr member
    Back from the local shop, He made me a great deal just above my budget. Going back friday to put a down payment on it so he can order it in. Just have to decide on what color now. very happy.
    Go with the White/Red.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    Go with the White/Red.
    I'm thinking about it, My last C-dale flash 29er was white and red. I really like the black though. I wanna go with a tubeless setup when i have extra cash, Those that are running tubeless what system you using?

mtbr member
    I'm thinking about it, My last C-dale flash 29er was white and red. I really like the black though. I wanna go with a tubeless setup when i have extra cash, Those that are running tubeless what system you using?
    My LBS set it up as tubeless for me at no charge. I would just ask as part of the negotiations.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    The ONLY thing you need to buy to go tubeless is the sealant. The bike comes ready with everything else.

I bought (haven't tired yet) some of the Continental tubeless goo.... I will change over in the spring.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    I added Stans strips and valves to mine for tubeless. Had a friend do it all for me with my assistance. Great experience and will not go back to tubes. I typically ride at 23 lbs front and rear. With tubes I would certainly pinch flat tires, been there, done that.

Page 65 of 127 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast