Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,250 of 4375
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm around 5'10.75" and I've tested both. The large "fit" better, but I preferred the way the medium felt/handled.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    stayhigh,

If it helps, I'm 6'2" which overlaps the L and XL for the Camber. I went with the Large and have no regrets. Nothing beats a test ride though. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThien View Post
    stayhigh,

If it helps, I'm 6'2" which overlaps the L and XL for the Camber. I went with the Large and have no regrets. Nothing beats a test ride though. Good luck!
    hmmm. I'm 6'1" and I'm on an XL. Bike shop sized me for it.

ben

mtbr member
    Finally got to take my bike out for a spin. I can't even begin to say how much I love this bike. Granted my experience is limited to a rockhopper and an all day ride on a Trek fuel. I had to soften the pike up during the ride the pike is a stiff fork which is a plus. It climbs waaay better than my rockhopper and was easy to pedal. Love the seat dropper. I'm 6'3 with a35 inseam. My rockhopper was a large and I could never get comfortable on it. I could never stay back on the seat no matter what adjustment I made. When I went to be fitted the salesman was always like oh yeah you need a large. Then I noticed they didn't have any xl's in the bikes i was interested in. I didn't buy anything from my lbs I lucked up and found my camber on ebay and ended up saving quite a bit on a 2015 bike. I'm not saying they were not trying to sale me the right size bike. I'm just saying my xl camber fits like a glove and I am suprised they didn't suggest I try a large and an extra large. I knew it the moment i sat on my xl camber this was the right size bike. Which was confirmed yesterday after 2 hours on it and not having to constantly try to get comfortable. The bike is super stable really makes you want to try things that you may be a little out of your league.
    Last edited by VladConnery; 01-17-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Monster FTW

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Before shot, added OneUp 40t + 16t, new XT cassette, and OneUp RAD cage

I'm very happy with the result. I'll run this until I wear it all out and then do a full 1x11 upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Specialized Camber Carbon Evo

mtbr member
    Looks good what was your cost? My buddy wants to do the same to his epic.

mtbr member

1st Ride

First day out with the bike.
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-20150116_171044_zpslhvd1mx5.jpg
    2nd day out my buddy's epic and my camber.
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_4780_zpsnwne5vnv.jpg

Working on getting my suspension right. I have the rear set to descend and soft on the black ring still feels firm. I used the autosag feature I just don't think it's the right setting for me I would like it to be softer. Anybody have thoughts on how they manually set up their suspension? What settings did you use?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-20150116_171044_zpslhvd1mx5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Is your seat bag interfering with your dropper post?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomW in KC View Post
    Is your seat bag interfering with your dropper post?
    It was in my test at home. I just needed to loosen the bottom velcro strap and it performed just fine. Although I am moving away from a seat bag all together. I'm shopping for a back pack that can hold whats in it. Looks like the osprey raptor 10 or 14 is the front runner.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I got rid of mine, that's why I asked.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    That thing looks great! I love the all black/grey. How do you like the Monarch? Which one did you go with?

SM

Quote Originally Posted by Redaggie03 View Post

I'm very happy with the result. I'll run this until I wear it all out and then do a full 1x11 upgrade.

mtbr member
    Hey camber riders, what size of bike, and what stem and handlebars combination are you running? How does the bike handle with that combination? I just recently put on a 110 millimeter stem with a 10 degrees rise running a 700 millimeter bar. I've been running that bar for a while but just recently put on this stem and in doing so have noticed an extreme difference in how easy it is to get the front tire up and over stuff in comparison to my old 90 millimeter stem with a six degree rise .

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Trails View Post
    Hey camber riders, what size of bike, and what stem and handlebars combination are you running? How does the bike handle with that combination? I just recently put on a 110 millimeter stem with a 10 degrees rise running a 700 millimeter bar. I've been running that bar for a while but just recently put on this stem and in doing so have noticed an extreme difference in how easy it is to get the front tire up and over stuff in comparison to my old 90 millimeter stem with a six degree rise .
    Went from the stock 90mm stem and 680mm wide bars to a 60mm stem and 710mm bars. Haven't ridden it yet with the new setup, but it fits me much better now (felt like I was leaning too far forward before).
    11 Spec Camber Expert - Truvativ AKA Stem, RaceFace Ride Handlebars, Wolftooth NW chainring
    http://goprohero-reviews.com

mtbr member
    Probably should ads that the reason I went with this combo was I was trying to find something that didn't hurt my hands after 5 minutes of riding. I also went through several different grips and glove combos.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Trails View Post
    I went with a crank brothers 80mm stem and a 780 mm carbon bar with a 15mm rise. Stok on medium camber was was 90mm stem with 720 mm carbon bar . I made a mistake and cut it to 700mm .

If anyone wants to buy it pm me
    2014 YETI SB95C , KS LEV seat post,Nextie Carbon Wheelset/Hope Hubs/27lbs
    Framed Alaskan Carbon X1 /26lbs/Nextie Hoops.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    2014 Expert Carbon EVO with 760mm Enve DH bar with 70mm stem works well for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpd131 View Post
    Thanks. I knew most would say use Pike. Yeah, I've ridden the SID on my HT that just sold and like it a lot, but I know it's not the same, even for this bike. It's my inner weight weenie. I am having a hard time with that pound of weight. I own the pike already and have it for sale. If it doesn't sell this week, I will put in the 120mm travel air shaft, put it on the bike and see how it goes. I already have color coordinated decals for it too. NOPE! I don't have a problem. :-)

Actually for anyone who knows what they have on their bikes..... I believe the Camber is Spec'ed with a 46mm offset fork, my Pike is a 51mm offset, does anyone have specific negatives or positives about that change on this particular frame geo?

Thanks
    I have the 2013 Camber Carbon EVO with RS SID RLT 110mm with the OS28 hub. I would like to go to a RS Pike RCT3 120mm, 15 mm. My bike has a 70 degree headtube angle so I would think going to a 120mm would relax that a bit which should be fine? You mentioned the offset change 46 to 51 mm. The Pike has a 15mm thru axle so I would have to get a new hub and probably spokes. Has anyone done this?
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    2015 Carbon Evo running the stock stem with a 730 Thomson xc bar (750's are just too wide for a foot bridge I cross very frequently).

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by VladConnery View Post
    Anybody have thoughts on how they manually set up their suspension? What settings did you use?
    Use Autosag as a starting point and then move up/down a few psi until you find what feels good for you.

Autosag sets my shock at ~120-psi but it felt a little stiff and I was not using all of my rear travel (how far back does your oring move?). I've found that I prefer it at ~105-110-psi and now It feels better and I use more of the shock travel but still don't bottom out.

Just bring your shock pump out a few times until you get it dialed.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Autosag and done for me. Getting the dampening set up was more important than the pressure. I also ride more XC... if I were doing more downward pointed stuff, I would drop a few psi out of it.
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0
    1999 Trek STP200 (the commuter)

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Redaggie03 View Post

Hey, what seat post is that and how do you like it? I've been thinking about an offset seatpost as I clamp my seat as far back as it it will go and I sometimes feel like I need an extra 1-2 cm more!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Looks like a Thomson layback seat post to me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Upgrading brakes

Ok guys have a couple of questions???

I have a 13' Camber Comp size Large. I need to replace the rear brakes bc of sponginess so I'm upgrading to Shimano XT785's. Based on specs, the front rotors are 200mm and the rear is 180mm on he Avid rotors. I would like to use the Avid rotors for now and would like to know if I will need adapters if only changing the brakeset without the Shimano rotors?
    If an adapter is needed, do I need to get the Shimano 203mm adapter bc I do not see a 200mm listed for the front and I guess I would need just the 180mm for the rear?
    Can someone shed some light on this for me...
    TIA,
    Chance

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    To the folks with EVO cambers,

Did any of you size up in the frame to run a shorter, sub 50mm stem? I'm able to demo a standard Camber in both a large and extra large and experiment with stem length. I figure the lower BB and slacker HTA of the EVO would make a difference in set up. I like the idea of a longer TT with a short stem for quick handling, so I am interested to hear from anyone with experience doing something similar.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    2015 Comp size Large
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JHCreighton View Post
    To the folks with EVO cambers,

Did any of you size up in the frame to run a shorter, sub 50mm stem? I'm able to demo a standard Camber in both a large and extra large and experiment with stem length. I figure the lower BB and slacker HTA of the EVO would make a difference in set up. I like the idea of a longer TT with a short stem for quick handling, so I am interested to hear from anyone with experience doing something similar.
    I'm running the stock stem on my large Expert Evo and I wouldn't change a thing. I am 6'0".

mtbr member
    Same here, I shortened the stem on my previous Camber but the stock stem feels perfect not he EVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_v View Post
    I'm running the stock stem on my large Expert Evo and I wouldn't change a thing. I am 6'0".
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Camber Carbon Expert EVO
    2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    40mm on mine. I'm between a small and medium.

I couldn't ride a bike + 50mm anymore.

mtbr member
    50mm stem on my large camber evo, feels ideal super snappy turning

muddy guy
    Jan 2011

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by VladConnery View Post
    Finally got to take my bike out for a spin. I can't even begin to say how much I love this bike. Granted my experience is limited to a rockhopper and an all day ride on a Trek fuel. I had to soften the pike up during the ride the pike is a stiff fork which is a plus. It climbs waaay better than my rockhopper and was easy to pedal. Love the seat dropper. I'm 6'3 with a35 inseam. My rockhopper was a large and I could never get comfortable on it. I could never stay back on the seat no matter what adjustment I made. When I went to be fitted the salesman was always like oh yeah you need a large. Then I noticed they didn't have any xl's in the bikes i was interested in. I didn't buy anything from my lbs I lucked up and found my camber on ebay and ended up saving quite a bit on a 2015 bike. I'm not saying they were not trying to sale me the right size bike. I'm just saying my xl camber fits like a glove and I am suprised they didn't suggest I try a large and an extra large. I knew it the moment i sat on my xl camber this was the right size bike
    . Which was confirmed yesterday after 2 hours on it and not having to constantly try to get comfortable. The bike is super stable really makes you want to try things that you may be a little out of your league.
    Hey Great to hear your XL is treating you right. I also ride an XL camber comp and nothing stops me 6'3" 34 inseam. 29er XL is quite a bit of bike.
    I can't say enough about my bike and the confidence it gives me.

mtbr member
    Upgraded to a 1x10 drivetrain with a Wolftooth NW Chainring:
    11 Spec Camber Expert - Truvativ AKA Stem, RaceFace Ride Handlebars, Wolftooth NW chainring

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber.jpg
    Ready to get and ride damn weather.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Hi all,
    This is my first post on here.
    I've had a read though the posts trying to get more info on the Camber expert evo carbon.
    Its a bike, on paper at least looks spot on for my wife's new bike.
    The only problem is she is 5'4ft, arguably small for a 29er, does anyone ride a size small, there comments, pics.. etc would be a big help in her next bike purchase.
    Trying to find anything small to test ride for her isn't easy.
    I know there's a lady specific Rumer but she doesn't like that.

Can you buy carbon frame only in the UK? as i'd prefer to build the spec myself.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by goffy View Post
    Hi all,
    This is my first post on here.
    I've had a read though the posts trying to get more info on the Camber expert evo carbon.
    Its a bike, on paper at least looks spot on for my wife's new bike.
    The only problem is she is 5'4ft, arguably small for a 29er, does anyone ride a size small, there comments, pics.. etc would be a big help in her next bike purchase.
    Trying to find anything small to test ride for her isn't easy.
    I know there's a lady specific Rumer but she doesn't like that.

Can you buy carbon frame only in the UK? as i'd prefer to build the spec myself.
    thanks
    I bought an Evo Expert carbon a little before Christmas.

As to spec it wasn't entirely to my tast but I have sold off the parts I didn't want as new. Now I have XTR drive, Hope hubs and light bicycle rims and some Thomson bars.

The rest is as from the shop.

As a bike I really like it, super confident and light enough for most riding.

You may be able to get a frame from Bike Scene who always seem to be selling Spesh frame only.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I have a 2014 Camber Comp. It is all stock. I am considering converting it to a 1x10 or 1x11. Should I? How much does it cost?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedlucky2 View Post
    I have a 2014 Camber Comp. It is all stock. I am considering converting it to a 1x10 or 1x11. Should I? How much does it cost?
    Should you is up to yourself, it's all personal preference. It can cost as little as $30 if you get a Raceface NW chainring. I got the Wolftooth chainring for $45 (they were having an anniversary sale) plus single speed chainring bolts for $9.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    LBS said I would like it and over the past year i've noticed more people on the forums making the switch

And there were alot of single speeds in the shop. what is difference in feel between 1x10 and 1x 11 ... and do you know how much more it cost to switch to 1x11 from my stock setup?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Reedlucky2 View Post
    LBS said I would like it and over the past year i've noticed more people on the forums making the switch
    Two wrong reasons to do anything. What are YOU trying to get out of a 1x system?

It is very simple to tell how you'll do with a 1x. Put your front in your big ring (middle ring if currently on 3x) and start riding your bike. Ride like that for a few rides, never switch front ring up or down. How does that feel?

Are you missing using your small ring? Then 1x might not be for you. Are you almost ok but just wish you an extra lower gear or two? Three options, go 1x with a lower tooth count up front (30t or 32t), add 40t/42t OneUp or Wolftooth cog in the back, or go 1x11.

Option 1 to 3 go up in quantity of parts to change and price.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Reedlucky2, if your shifting is working well, I wouldn't do it. I say this because I was obsessed with the idea and didnt ever follow through and I am sure glad I didn't. While many have done the conversion, it can have issues and costs a fair bit, and really resale value will be hurt. If you were going to buy a used commuter car, would you want stock or some project car that someone was tinkering with and maybe caused an issue with? I would want stock and so do most people...

When your cassette or crank gears are starting to go, then maybe consider going 1x again. That should be 1500 miles at least if you clean and lube the drivetrain once every couple rides. No use wasting the life of your current drivetrain...that's just like throwing away money. FYI, there is no resale value for your x5 stuff. THat is the downside of specialized bikes these days unless they are higher end or s works. That's why I went with trek for my recent new bike purchase.

Anyway, to answer your questions, going 1x10 has quite a range of options. Minimal most is to just remove your front shifter and front derailleur and choose one of the two front gears to live without. If you find you dont ever climb, then dump the little gear. If you find you don't ever need to go fast, then dump the big gear. Chances are, either way, the resulting range will be lacking so much in one of the extremes that you will be unhappy. Then, that brings us to the next option, taking it a step further, you could just update the cranks to a 1x ~30t gear crank set, narrow wide is popular, but even then the resulting 1x10 with your current 10 speed cassette is going too limited in the range of gears for most people on most riding trails. Insane trail riders can make due sometimes. I suspect this isn't you. So that brings us to the 3rd option, costing the most, and pretty common. It includes not only changing the cransket but also you will buy a big gear (40t or 42t, like previous poster suggested) and add that to your rear cassette and to make room you will need to get rid of one of smaller gears--likely 2nd or 3rd smallest-- of the rear cassette. Then you need to mod the chain probably, and even then you might have issues. All of the options I described may or may not require an additional chain guide part, depending on where you are riding and if your train is fallowing off the crankset.

1x11 is very expensive. in addition to replacing crankset and adding chain gaurd:

$260- SRAM XG-1180 11-Speed Cassette:
    http://www.amazon.com/SRAM-XG1180-Sp...10-42+cassette

$140 x01 11 speed shifter

https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/p...rigger-shifter

$50 11 speed chain
    KMC X11SL 11 Speed 116L Bike Chain

Honestly, on your bike, 2014 camber comp, and I considered that bike very seriously, I wouldn't upgrade until you are having issues. Even then I would stay 2x10. Most people are happy there anyway. If you want to lose some lbs. off the bike, there are better way. And then of course the best way to upgrade is to sell the bike and buy a newer, better bike, maybe even used.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I am really not entirely convinced by some of the points above.

If you want to go one by then do so. Financial arguments aside (you never get your money back on new kit so don't worry too much about it).

From a personal view point I have gone through 3x6 through everything to 1x10 and now 1x11. 1x works if you can push the gears and only you know that. If you are currently having issues getting up big / steep hills it is probably worth sticking with a 2x or 3x 10. If it is not a problem than why not go 1x. If you can afford it then it's up to you. The narrow wide chain rings do the job they are supposed to so no need for a guide really but a clutch mech makes a big difference.

Remember XTR will work with your current free hub, if you are lured into SRAM kit you will need to allow for an xd free hub body.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xshortcut View Post
    I am really not entirely convinced by some of the points above.

If you want to go one by then do so. Financial arguments aside (you never get your money back on new kit so don't worry too much about it).

From a personal view point I have gone through 3x6 through everything to 1x10 and now 1x11. 1x works if you can push the gears and only you know that. If you are currently having issues getting up big / steep hills it is probably worth sticking with a 2x or 3x 10. If it is not a problem than why not go 1x. If you can afford it then it's up to you. The narrow wide chain rings do the job they are supposed to so no need for a guide really but a clutch mech makes a big difference.

Remember XTR will work with your current free hub, if you are lured into SRAM kit you will need to allow for an xd free hub body.
    All this is very true. I was a hold out on 3X because I thought I could not push gears on 2X. Now I am 1X and I love. I converted ALL my bikes that had gears. I realized what can really be done if you test it and give a true chance. I even started riding a SS, because I found I could a lot better than I originally thought. And for financial concerns, mix XX1, XO1, X1 shifter and derailleur with the new XTR 11-40 cassette. It works, I even did this with with my Sram Force CX1 for a wide range CX bike. XTR cassette can be found cheaper or the same price as XX1 and you can use your current freehub body. So no wheel or hub change necessary.

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008

2015 Large Specialized Camber Expert Project Clean Satin Black Evo Conversion

Size Large
    2015 Rockshox Monarch
    2015 Rockshox RS-1 120mm
    2014 Roval Control Carbon 29 Wheelset front laced with SRAM 32h Predictive Steering Hub
    Front Secialized Ground Control Control 2.1
    Rear Specialized The Captain Control 2.0
    2015 XTR DI2 Rear Derailleur
    2015 XTR DI2 Digital Display
    2015 XTR DI2 Firebolt Shifter Right Only
    2015 XTR DI2 Internal Battery mounted inside downtube
    2015 Shimano XTR CS-M9000 Cassette 11-40
    2014.5 Shimano XTR BL-M987 Brakeset
    Shimano XT RT-86 180/160 Rotors
    2013 Specialized S-Works Fact Carbon Crankset
    Wolftooth Direct Mount 30t NW Chainring
    Specialized Command Post Blacklite 125mm travel with SRL lever
    2013 S-Works Toupe Saddle
    Specialized Enduro XL Grips
    Loaded Precision Napalm UD Carbon Riser Bars
    Loaded Precision Napalm 90mm UD Carbon Stem
    23lbs 10ozs without bottle cage and swat toolsOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-dsc04352.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-dsc04353.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-dsc04354.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-dsc04355.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-dsc04357.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-dsc04358.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-dsc04361.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-dsc04364.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-imagejpeg_2.jpg

mtbr member
    Sweet set up, does it ride as good as it looks? Also interested in what you think about the Di2s.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
    Size Large
    2015 Rockshox Monarch
    2015 Rockshox RS-1 120mm
    2014 Roval Control Carbon 29 Wheelset front laced with SRAM 32h Predictive Steering Hub
    Front Secialized Ground Control Control 2.1
    Rear Specialized The Captain Control 2.0
    2015 XTR DI2 Rear Derailleur
    2015 XTR DI2 Digital Display
    2015 XTR DI2 Firebolt Shifter Right Only
    2015 XTR DI2 Internal Battery mounted inside downtube
    2015 Shimano XTR CS-M9000 Cassette 11-40
    2014.5 Shimano XTR BL-M987 Brakeset
    Shimano XT RT-86 180/160 Rotors
    2013 Specialized S-Works Fact Carbon Crankset
    Wolftooth Direct Mount 30t NW Chainring
    Specialized Command Post Blacklite 125mm travel with SRL lever
    2013 S-Works Toupe Saddle
    Specialized Enduro XL Grips
    Loaded Precision Napalm UD Carbon Riser Bars
    Loaded Precision Napalm 90mm UD Carbon Stem
    23lbs 10ozs without bottle cage and swat toolsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04352.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	962986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04353.jpg 
Views:	1603 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	962987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04354.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	962988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04355.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	962989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04357.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	962990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04358.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	962991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04361.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	962992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04364.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	962993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg_2.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	304.8 KB 
ID:	962994
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008
    Just picked up last night
    Rode around the neighborhood feels great
    DI2 is very nice
    I have a very sick 14 as well(very customized)
    I love the Camber !!!

mtbr member
    I'll look forward to a full review after you have a chance to get it dirty.

Just picked up last night
    Rode around the neighborhood feels great
    DI2 is very nice
    I have a very sick 14 as well(very customized)
    I love the Camber !!!
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    I'll look forward to a full review after you have a chance to get it dirty.
    Haven't even had a chance to break in my 2015 Stumpjumper Expert Evo 29er custom.build yet ! It is almost as sick as the Camber
    I got that stinkin Flu bug that is going around been flat out for 2 weeks
    Will ride on Saturday and Monday

mtbr member
    I bet you have plenty of volunteers who would be willing to help you break in either build :-)

Haven't even had a chance to break in my 2015 Stumpjumper Expert Evo 29er custom.build yet ! It is almost as sick as the Camber
    I got that stinkin Flu bug that is going around been flat out for 2 weeks
    Will ride on Saturday and Monday
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008

mtbr member

Looking for some opinions and experience for replacing/upgrading the rear shock on my 2013 Camber Comb. I've got a Monarch RL that's got some issues, and even though it's fixable, I think I would rather spend a bit more money and get something new instead.

So... Can I shop around for aftermarket shocks at all or are we limited to going through Specialized for custom specced shocks due to tuning and the linkage wishbone setup?

Either way... What's a good replacement shock in the $300-$500 range?