Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2835
    Jaymanjibe
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozbernie View Post
    Yes it Still makes the noise when pedalling off the saddle. Looks like its going back to the LBS
    I have a 2012 Camber Comp that i bought used last summer and it too had a pretty good creaking sound when I first started riding it. I ended up greasing up the seat post Clamp Collar mating surfaces and that got rid of my creaks. It creaked whether I was sitting or standing just not as bad when standing...

mtbr member
    Attachment 775615
    My 2012 Alloy framed Camber Comp is making a very loud creaking noise from the cranks/bottom bracket. I can't locate it as yet. Any ideas or others who have had this issue? Thanks in advance.
    Love that color, was that factory or custom?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Cheers folks thanks for the advice. Yes factory color option for Australia only. Cool isn't it

mtbr member
    Cheers folks thanks for the advice. Yes factory color option for Australia only. Cool isn't it
    Unfortunately I only have a choice of black/Lime or Red/White. I'm leaning toward the Red/White but would love a few more options.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymanjibe View Post
    I have a 2012 Camber Comp that i bought used last summer and it too had a pretty good creaking sound when I first started riding it. I ended up greasing up the seat post Clamp Collar mating surfaces and that got rid of my creaks. It creaked whether I was sitting or standing just not as bad when standing...
    Just had my BB serviced yesterday. The cups in the PF30 were loose and needed to be epoxy'd. Should fix it, will see after all this rain stops and I can ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    When I first got my Expert the PF30 BB did squeak for maybe 10 mins on my first ride - it stopped after that though. I put it down to 'bedding in.'

On the subject of colourways. You guys get a choice? In the UK each model got one colourway. For eg. in 2012 we had three Camber 26er's. The 'comp' which was mainly white with black and then a small amount of red trim. The 'elite' which was black with light green trim (the best combo imho) and then the 'expert' which is white with red and then small amounts of black trim.

mtbr member
    Great looking bikes guys, I'm looking at getting a 2013 Camber 29. I have always rode hardtails and looking to go FS, How is the climbing on this model? do you get alot of bobbing?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jammin View Post
    Great looking bikes guys, I'm looking at getting a 2013 Camber 29. I have always rode hardtails and looking to go FS, How is the climbing on this model? do you get alot of bobbing?
    Not sure which model you are looking at or what shock it has. But mine has a Fox with pro pedal and lockout so no bobbing issues there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammin View Post
    I have very little pedal bob on mine, even with the shock on full open.

Competent User

I've got the low end Ario shock and haven't noticed a bobbing problem either.

mtbr member
    Thx. for the info guys, I'm looking at the low end model.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I would advise going with the comp at least. The XC fork is a pile of ****. Super heavy and it's a coil fork, doesn't take air, flexes like crazy and with aggressive use it locks up

Competent User

I agree. You're going to save a lot of money in the long run and have a much better bike to start I you go with the Comp. I wish I had.

mtbr member
    Thx. Guys, i will have to see if i can find a good deal on a comp in my budget range.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Patience goes a long way. I'm itching to get a new bike. So I'm browsing around for something in my budget and I realized that If I get something with my current budget it would mean I'm settling for something subpar. So in the meantime I'm saving some more and browsing for deals. It's worth it in the long run. I've thought about upgrading my current bike instead and it's very costly that route.

mtbr member
    Just picked up my 2013 camber comp carbon medium from my LBS.
    I love it!
    cant wait to ride it.
    Ritchey wcs carbon flat bar 630mm
    Mavic crossmax ST 29 wheels tubeless
    shimano xtr pedals
    27.0 pounds

photo SDC10549_zps611e7b73.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksousa81 View Post
    Just picked up my 2013 camber comp carbon medium from my LBS.
    I love it!
    cant wait to ride it.
    Ritchey wcs carbon flat bar 630mm
    Mavic crossmax ST 29 wheels tubeless
    shimano xtr pedals
    27.0 pounds

photo SDC10549_zps611e7b73.jpg
    Is it worth $1200 to upgrade from the Comp to the Comp Carbon? If so, why?

mtbr member

Well I just felt like having the fox rear shock with the ctd was going to be better for me than the monarch rl.
    Is it worth 1200? No. I like to tinker with bikes regardless of what I have for a bike. So might as well trick out a carbon bike instead of aluminum. 😀

mtbr member
    Well I just felt like having the fox rear shock with the ctd was going to be better for me than the monarch rl.
    Is it worth 1200? No. I like to tinker with bikes regardless of what I have for a bike. So might as well trick out a carbon bike instead of aluminum. 😀
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'll use the $1200 for a good set of wheels and a dropper post.

mtbr member

Nothing wrong with the aluminum comp I was going that route but after some hardcore penny saving I was able to get up some extra cash.

mtbr member
    Nothing wrong with the aluminum comp I was going that route but after some hardcore penny saving I was able to get up some extra cash.
    The decision would be easier if money was no object :-)

mtbr member

Haha for sure!!

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I had to wade through the $1200 question. For 2013, it was an easy answer to me, I saved the $1200. Had the bike shop had an XL 2012 with the Fox fork, X9 rdr and the conventional rear shock mount, I would have gone for the carbon model. With the 2013 Carbon Comp coming with a Shimano drive train while I knew I would want/need Gripshift to keep my hands from hurting, my decision was VERY easy. Hindsight being what it is and having at least a dozen rides on my aluminum, I am pretty happy having saved the $1200.

With any luck, the carbon models will switch swing arm styles in the next year or so and I will have the option to "snipe" a Fox CTD to replace my Monarch if I so desire. I don't have any problems with my Monarch though (at least not yet).

FWIW, I washed (using terry cloth towels and McQuire's Quick Detailer) and waxed (using an aerosol wax sprayed on a rag) yesterday. The Camber is CLEAN and is smooth to the touch.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
    I had to wade through the $1200 question. For 2013, it was an easy answer to me, I saved the $1200. Had the bike shop had an XL 2012 with the Fox fork, X9 rdr and the conventional rear shock mount, I would have gone for the carbon model. With the 2013 Carbon Comp coming with a Shimano drive train while I knew I would want/need Gripshift to keep my hands from hurting, my decision was VERY easy. Hindsight being what it is and having at least a dozen rides on my aluminum, I am pretty happy having saved the $1200.

With any luck, the carbon models will switch swing arm styles in the next year or so and I will have the option to "snipe" a Fox CTD to replace my Monarch if I so desire. I don't have any problems with my Monarch though (at least not yet).

FWIW, I washed (using terry cloth towels and McQuire's Quick Detailer) and waxed (using an aerosol wax sprayed on a rag) yesterday. The Camber is CLEAN and is smooth to the touch.
    Does waxing help with cleaning up after a good muddy ride or just for looks when you start?

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Just like in a car, it helps keep stuff from sticking, so it should help make crud easier to come off after a ride. It, honestly, doesn't look any different waxed vs just cleaned, but the finish is SMOOTH to the touch compared to not waxed that feels like it has a bit of tooth to it.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast