Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2845
    Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by vegan_warrior View Post
    If you have a convertible rear hub you can get 10mm caps and a through bolt. DT Swiss and hope make them as well as others. Standard rear drop outs are 10x135mm
    Yeah, I've got Charger Pros. I need some extra parts, but I could do it. I wonder if it's worth it.

mtbr member
    "I have a chance to buy a 2012 Camber Comp 26" (new) for a great price. Under $1k dollars. 5'8" and old. worth it? Or should I just get the 29er.
    I live in Virginia where the trails for the most part are rocks and roots."

After watching the trails fill up with 29ers and listening to riders talk about how much they love the ride of a 29er I test rode then purchased a 2012 Camber Carbon Comp 29. My vote would be the 29er as you will see immediate improvement riding in rocks and roots. Under $1K is a great price but 29er is the way to go.
    "We have got so much ground to walk over, and if we fail to travel today, we shall have so much more to travel tomorrow"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    But it's relatively safe with the Rock Shox forks?
    Fine with the RS forks as long as it is not a brain fork. The brain forks have a specific sized damper that will be damaged if the travel spacer is removed.

mtbr member
    What is the first upgrade you would recommend for a 2013 Camber Comp and why?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    Yeah, I've got Charger Pros. I need some extra parts, but I could do it. I wonder if it's worth it.
    On a full suspension the general consensus is yeah. Stiffens up the two sides of the swing arm. Is it worth it for you depends on one question... Do you have flex and feel it?

Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    On mine I would..

1. Tubeless
    2. 1x10 conversion
    3. Ergon Grips

Right off the bat. Besides that only thing id want out would be the Avid brakes gone.

mtbr member
    On a full suspension the general consensus is yeah. Stiffens up the two sides of the swing arm. Is it worth it for you depends on one question... Do you have flex and feel it?

On mine I would..

1. Tubeless
    2. 1x10 conversion
    3. Ergon Grips

Right off the bat. Besides that only thing id want out would be the Avid brakes gone.
    Planning on Tubless
    Have Ergon Grips and love them

What's the advantage of going 1X10 except weight?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Eh weight is negligible. The e13 guide weighs simarly to a deraiuller. Only weight you lose is from the granny gear and left shifter which isn't much. For me it's more a matter of simplicity and needs. I don't need or ever use a granny gear on my trails so I don't need it. And it's a $50 investment to ditch it so i could live with that. You'll also never drop a chain. If your trails call for a granny gear having a 1x10 can also force you to become stronger, you have no choice but to use your main ring lol

mtbr member
    Eh weight is negligible. The e13 guide weighs simarly to a deraiuller. Only weight you lose is from the granny gear and left shifter which isn't much. For me it's more a matter of simplicity and needs. I don't need or ever use a granny gear on my trails so I don't need it. And it's a $50 investment to ditch it so i could live with that. You'll also never drop a chain. If your trails call for a granny gear having a 1x10 can also force you to become stronger, you have no choice but to use your main ring lol
    I'm getting old and that granny gear comes in handy ~ LOL

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I don't have the 2013 but have 2012. camber comp and i'm actually thinking about selling it. I want to upgrade to cf frame and 29er.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    For me the first port of call is always contact points so pedals, grips, saddle.

After that tyres or bar/stem combo so fine tune what feel right for you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CoBo View Post
    "I have a chance to buy a 2012 Camber Comp 26" (new) for a great price. Under $1k dollars. 5'8" and old. worth it? Or should I just get the 29er.
    I live in Virginia where the trails for the most part are rocks and roots."
    Any news on the this?
    Personally i would go with what suits you, your riding style and your local terrain. I did and went for one of the last 26er Camber's.
    Can you try and get a test ride to see what works for you?

ps. sorry I know I quoted wrong author for this one - but the question remains the same!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dee View Post
    For me the first port of call is always contact points so pedals, grips, saddle.

After that tyres or bar/stem combo so fine tune what feel right for you.
    Makes sense, thank you.

mtbr member

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Ordered my bike yesterday.
    2013 camber comp carbon.
    Size medium
    Mavic crossmax st 29 wheels
    Richey wcs carbon flat bar

Ill post a pic once I take delivery

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksousa81 View Post
    Ordered my bike yesterday.
    2013 camber comp carbon.
    Size medium
    Mavic crossmax st 29 wheels
    Richey wcs carbon flat bar

Ill post a pic once I take delivery
    Did they take the standard wheels in on trade? I would love to upgrade my wheels when I purchase but not up for the $1000+ upgrade unless I can get something for the stock wheels.

mtbr member

Keeping the stock wheels for my GFs 29er.(and as a spare set for me) Did get 20% off the wheelset though. Msrp on wheels $830.00.
    Shop offered me $140 for the stock wheelset.

mtbr member
    Here's mine that I picked up about a month ago. Love this CAMBER! I got it for $1600. It was marked down from $2100.00 It's a 2012 Camber Comp and tips the scales at 31.5 lbs. I do plan on putting it on a DIET! Next go around will be a StumpyCarbon!

Official Specialized Camber Thread-camberin-woods-.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Can anyone tell me how much the 2013 camber comp weighs in the XL size.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mport78 View Post
    The large weighs 28 lbs 5 ounces. I can imagine the XL only weighs a couple ounces more

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jljones View Post
    Here's mine that I picked up about a month ago. Love this CAMBER! I got it for $1600. It was marked down from $2100.00 It's a 2012 Camber Comp and tips the scales at 31.5 lbs. I do plan on putting it on a DIET! Next go around will be a StumpyCarbon!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camberin the woods!!!.jpg 
Views:	989 
Size:	285.0 KB 
ID:	773980
    I love that colour scheme - I know I have said it before but it just rocks!

mtbr member
    I wanted the white gold and black but no dice! This scheme is cool too!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mport78 View Post
    mine is a 2012 26er Comp and its 31.5 pounds. Id think the 29er would be heavier......?

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    The 2013 aluminum models weigh a good bit less than the 2012. Different swing arm design and M5 alloy.

I don't have a real bike scale, but my bathroom scale says the 2013 XL Comp weighs in right at 31. So give or take some due to bathroom scale fail.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Official Specialized Camber Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361892893.560231.jpg
    My 2012 Alloy framed Camber Comp is making a very loud creaking noise from the cranks/bottom bracket. I can't locate it as yet. Any ideas or others who have had this issue? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozbernie View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361892893.560231.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	370.8 KB 
ID:	775615
    My 2012 Alloy framed Camber Comp is making a very loud creaking noise from the cranks/bottom bracket. I can't locate it as yet. Any ideas or others who have had this issue? Thanks in advance.
    I may be off base here but have u tried pedaling with you butt up and out of the saddle.... I had the same issue on a HT and thought it was my crank or BB. It was my saddle and seat post.. Just an idea to check out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ksousa81 View Post
    I may be off base here but have u tried pedaling with you butt up and out of the saddle.... I had the same issue on a HT and thought it was my crank or BB. It was my saddle and seat post.. Just an idea to check out.
    Yes it Still makes the noise when pedalling off the saddle. Looks like its going back to the LBS

Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast