Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,050 of 4445
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jester6578 View Post
    Looks awesome!

I'm about to order the Red/Charcoal frame through my shop. Couple of quick questions:

-It comes with the SRL Command Post Lever, correct?
    -Which BB did you use? Is it just a standard PF30? I was planning to get the Wheels MFG PF30 BB.
    -And are those the SRAM Guide Brakes I see? What do you think so far?

Thanks!
    -Yeah it comes with the new lever
    -If you are using SRAM cranks do not get a wheels manufacturing bb. The outer dust seals bind against the bearings. Just use a Sram PF30 BB. If the fit is loose at the bb/bb shell interface just use some sleeve retainer or something similar.
    -those are X0 trails, but I spent a lot of time on the guides at the dealer event and they felt good. I am 145 lbs so I am not hard on brakes. They felt a lot like my X0 trails to be honest.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hobo1337 View Post
    Attachment 938210

here she is, ordered up all my components today also. Went with 130mm pike because I am impatient

going full X01, hopes laced to i23's, 130mm pike, new xtr brakes, next sl cranks, deity enduro carbon bars, deity cavity stem, command post ir (insert complaint here), specialized henge expert, specialized slaughter rear tire, Specialized butcher front tire.

LOVE that frame color. Gonna be a sick build! Nice work!

mtbr member
    thanks man, stuff is already rolling in so should be before december

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Has anyone converted a non evo model into a evo? I have a 2013 camber comp and would like to put a 2015 monarch rt3 on it. You can order the evo version but I'm wondering if it will fit my frame without the evo link. Its 7.75x2" vs the regular 7.75x1.9" doesn't seem to big a difference? Anyone try this or know anyone who has. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jd2013cambercomp View Post
    Has anyone converted a non evo model into a evo? I have a 2013 camber comp and would like to put a 2015 monarch rt3 on it. You can order the evo version but I'm wondering if it will fit my frame without the evo link. Its 7.75x2" vs the regular 7.75x1.9" doesn't seem to big a difference? Anyone try this or know anyone who has. Thanks!
    Post #3021
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Not really looking for the fox shock. Would you be intersted in just selling the wishbone evo link sml?

mtbr member
    Im not the one selling it, i was just showing what you would need, you will also need a longer travel fork to make this work

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    OK thanks. I picked up a 140mm pike and switched out the air shaft to a 120mm. So I've got the fork covered now I just need to find the evo link!

Monster FTW

Official Specialized Camber Thread

That's one reason I'm happy I built my Evo, I got a full featured Pike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Specialized Camber Carbon Evo

Monster FTW

Buy mine and sell the shock if you really don't want it. The Fox is a good shock.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Cool-blue Rhythm

Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_0692.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-img_0639.jpg

'14 Comp Carbon size Large, weighs 26.5lb with some mods:

rear tire to Fastrack 2.2
    Cassette to XTR 11-36
    Industry Nine / Stan's Crest wheel set (decals removed from rims)
    tubeless
    Shimano SLX shift/XT rear der to SRAM X7/X9
    pie plate and dangler removed
    trimmed seatpost and swapped to lightweight clamp
    swapped rotors to Magura Storm SL 180s front and rear
    XT pedals
    swapped saddles for preference (no weight loss) and Ergon grips (added weight)

This removed a total of exactly 2 pounds. I'll go 1x pretty soon, be under 26 and call it good to go...

1st photo is modded
    2nd photo is stock

I LOVE THIS BIKE!!! ...coming from a 26" Epic that I loved. LOVE IT!!
    Last edited by homegrown7; 11-15-2014 at 04:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Sweet color! Homegrown

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Camber Thread

Quote Originally Posted by homegrown7 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	939090
    Did your Comp Carbon come with the white seat? Mine was black. Nice mods BTW.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Does NOT know it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Trails View Post
    Did your Comp Carbon come with the white seat? Mine was black. Nice mods BTW.

You missed this: "swapped saddles for preference (no weight loss)"

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by matuchi View Post
    You missed this: "swapped saddles for preference (no weight loss)"
    You said 2nd photo was stock.

Does NOT know it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Trails View Post
    You said 2nd photo was stock.

It's not my Camber Carbon, I was pointing out what homegrown posted.

I noticed in the first photo his grips are not stock - they're Ergon grips.

Does NOT know it all!
    Mine looks like this:

Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg

mtbr member

Yeah, I kept the stock seat on mine as well. Didn't see a need to change it since it was the most comfortable seat I've ridden.

Official Specialized Camber Thread-20140720_092514.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    It didn't come out of the box with the white seat. The bike shop swapped it out for me --same seat, different color. (I initially was going to do white ESI Extra Chunky grips to match it, but haven't yet.) I put the WTB Silverado on as its been my go-to saddle for awhile now. The others after mine look great! I ordered this bike and "had" to get this color as it was the only color left in stock at Specialized (ordered it last month). Looking at the website, I wasn't really in love with the color. ---The bike in real life is a different thing!! Looks GREAT!! Would've been my first choice if I were choosing in person.

Dusty, tell me about the little fender.....? I like it.
    Last edited by homegrown7; 11-15-2014 at 07:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    thanks!

mtbr member

Homegrown

The little finder is called a Marsh Guard. The only place I could find them was on Ebay and they shipped over to me from Europe.

I've ordered the same WTB seat to put on my son's bike. It will be a Christmas present. He boogered his up in a crash.

Last edited by Dusty Trails; 11-15-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Does NOT know it all!
    Homegrown - you can also buy the Marsh Guard from Art's Cycle - here is the link: Art's Cyclery - Search Results

I put them on the front and rear but put them on upside down so the Marsh Guard logo was facing down. I found having a rear Marsh Guard helps keep the rear shock and linkage form getting so muddy. Here is how mine looks with them on:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    thanks for the pics matuchi, i'm going to have to get 2 for the winter

mtbr member
    That's a good idea. I took a Scotch brite pad to mine and dulled it out to match the satin finish on the bike and made the logo look more grey. Then I just covered it with stickers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-20141115_210721.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matuchi View Post
    Homegrown - you can also buy the Marsh Guard from Art's Cycle - here is the link: Art's Cyclery - Search Results

I put them on the front and rear but put them on upside down so the Marsh Guard logo was facing down. I found having a rear Marsh Guard helps keep the rear shock and linkage form getting so muddy. Here is how mine looks with them on:
    Wow thats a big seat.

Does NOT know it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    Wow thats a big seat.
    It is, but it's very comfortible. I've been riding 20 miles a day three days a week and have put over 500 miles on it since last summer. The seat has eliminated any discomfort - so it works for me.

mtbr member
    May 2009

[IMG]
    I finally got my Evo built up. I had to settle for the Turbine crank for now. The Next SL crank will go on once I have it. Right now the build is 25.8 lbs with the pedals. This bike is a riot to ride. It climbs awesome too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    nice bike. what is that wheel set? The frame is similar to my '14 Comp Carbon, except for your red lettering which looks really great. What frame model is it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by homegrown7 View Post
    nice bike. what is that wheel set? The frame is similar to my '14 Comp Carbon, except for your red lettering which looks really great. What frame model is it?
    Looks like the 2015 frame only option

mtbr member
    May 2009

Thanks homegrown7. It's the 2015 Expert Evo Carbon frame. The wheels are the '15 Roval Control SL's.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Shock questions:

Does anyone know if the Fox CTD Factory shock on the Evo Expert/Evo Frame has the Boost Valve in it?

How are the Fox Factory shocks on the Evo for blending suppleness & peddling efficiency?

And has anyone tried a Monarch w/ Debonair on a Camber?

Thanks!

The Fastest of Bananas
    Does anyone have the part number for the EVO link for the 2014 Carbon frame? I was digging around the spesh dealer parts site today and couldn't find it via searching.

Even if I need a shock and link, it would be fine. I would just purchase the EVO carbon frame, but I can get a really, really good deal on the non EVO 14 or 15.

mtbr member
    Get the carbon evo frame its shaped different and better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    If you work at a shop, and it's the same List I think you're talking about, I'm planning to get the frame only version. Build it up with the Roval Traverse SL and the S-Works cranks (both on the List as well), and parts I have lying around. Oh, and a Pike from Q.

It'll end up being a bit more expensive, but exactly what I want. It's going to be legendary.

The Fastest of Bananas
    If you work at a shop, and it's the same List I think you're talking about, I'm planning to get the frame only version. Build it up with the Roval Traverse SL and the S-Works cranks (both on the List as well), and parts I have lying around. Oh, and a Pike from Q.

It'll end up being a bit more expensive, but exactly what I want. It's going to be legendary.
    Does the SWORKS cranks have the direct mount spider? I know I saw a 104BCD that wasn't removable, but the other one didn't have a spider. I want the AbsoluteBlack oval direct mount ring.

I'm still not sure on a Pike or the 2015 Fox 32, as I cant get a warm fuzzy feeling on the Pike. I've ridden them, but for my enduro race bike I went for a 34 instead because of the way the damper behaves. I'm 175 kitted up with water, so stiffness is a concern when I'm pushing bikes hard, but the intent is not to race this bike. FWIW, I had a Titus FTM, I flexed the hell out of the 140mm Fox 32 (32mm has no business having 140mm travel) and the rear triangle, climbing and descending. The bike felt noodley on drops.

I also sat down this morning and priced out 3 potential builds.

2015 Evo Carbon frame only (Black or Green? help!)
    2014 Camber Carbon Comp (with upgrades as needed)
    2015 Camber Carbon Elite (almost no upgrades)

or maybe go straight for the Carbon Expert?

They all came out to a very similar price, all with the EVO fork length and rear link and shock. I dont know that the EVO is needed for my style. I have a 6" travel B9er that has bike park days and days that I want to push the limit and risk raising my insurance rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
    Get the carbon evo frame its shaped different and better.
    Is it really? Spec has a habit of keeping the front triangles the same, and only changing what is needed to get the ride correct for the model. Examples include the 26" Stumpy Evo, the 650B stumpy evo, the 650B Enduro, and the 14 Enduro EVO.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I was originally planning to get the Carbon Elite, but I tested it back to back with an Evo and I just loved the way the Evo rode. I was also able to take an Evo out for a full trail ride with a couple of reps. It just wanted to go FAST, but also was great on rougher terrain. The lover BB of the EVO was a noticeable difference for cornering at speed, and I didn't feel that it lost any maneuverability with the slightly slacker head angle.

I have a 6" Trek Remedy 27.5", so want the Camber as my faster, better rolling, but still fun XC/Singletrack bike. They are different enough that I don't feel like there's too much overlap, but the Camber feels capable enough that it won't get scared if it take it out of it's "comfort zone". For reference, it's replacing a 29er Epic, which I find is now too much work and not enough play.

The S-Works crank I'm looking at does have the one-piece crank/spider. That's actually one reason I want it. It's light and I think that it will be stiffer than a direct mount. But it had a 104bcd. I'll never need to run lower than a 30t (I hope), so I'm not worried about that. They do have a direct mount crank, but it only comes in 180mm - which is too long for anyone but Andre the Giant (IMO). For what it's worth, AB does have a 32t Oval ring in 104bcd. Why do you want the direct mount? Did you want a 28t or 32t?

The pike seems like the right blend of stiffness, suppleness, and weight. And the Charger Dampener sounds fantastic. I've always had "meh" experience with Fox equipment.

If you're not going to race, get an EVO. Hell, I'd get an evo even if you might race. (That's my plan). Oh, and I'm going to get the Black & Red.

mtbr member
    Im torn between a Yeti sb95 and a Camber evo, different beasts all together, but for what and how I ride, 130mm is all I really should need.

Monster FTW

I went with a close out 14 Comp Carbon. Sold everything off the frame and built an EVO. The frames are the same, don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise, I've put them side by side and measured. The difference is due to the rear link, shock length, and fork. Easy to make your own Evo. I bought the last link that was in the inventory for now just because I thought someone on here would want it. It's for sale as well as the Evo Fox shock. All new, pass it forward price, not making a dime on it. No I don't have the part number, don't pm me for it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redaggie03 View Post
    I went with a close out 14 Comp Carbon. Sold everything off the frame and built an EVO. The frames are the same, don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise, I've put them side by side and measured. The difference is due to the rear link, shock length, and fork. Easy to make your own Evo. I bought the last link that was in the inventory for now just because I thought someone on here would want it. It's for sale as well as the Evo Fox shock. All new, pass it forward price, not making a dime on it. No I don't have the part number, don't pm me for it.

Interesting, i read somewere they changed a pivot or something on all fsr bikes from 13 to 14. They dont even make a evo comp for 2013 but did in 2014. I was thinking of buying a used evo for 2000 and selling my comp, i was then going to add fattie wheelset to make it more all mountain. What is the longest fork you can use on a camber evo?

Monster FTW

The 13 to 14 CARBON changed. They made the change in 13 on the AL.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    What is the longest fork you can use on a camber evo?
    You could probably put a 200mm dual crown on one if you really wanted to, but it'd be a clown bike. To preserve what makes the Camber great, I don't think you'd want to go much longer than the Pike that's on it. You can input the different forks (and appropriate geometry) here and see the differences:

geometryCalc

Falling down a bit of a rabbit hole now, as I'm seeing some numbers I didn't expect. Partially it's from trying to determine which specs are correct. From what I'm seeing, the AtC lengths are as follows:

Fox Float 32 110mm: 510.8mm
    Fox Float 32 120mm: 520.8mm
    Pike 120mm: 531mm
    Fox Float 32 130mm: 530mm

I was expecting to see the Pike 120mm be more in line with the float 120mm, but from what I can find, it's much longer.

Can anyone with an EVO help verify? Could you measure the Pike 120mm to see what the AtC length is stock from Specialized?

Also, anyone who got a 120mm Pike aftermarket, could you do the same?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I have a 150mm fork on my camber 29 so you can use any length you want.
    130mm is the sweet spot though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
    I have a 150mm fork on my camber 29 so you can use any length you want.
    130mm is the sweet spot though.
    Why not just get a SJ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    So here's a new idea: I had decided on the Pike, but looking at the AtC/Rake numbers, I had another idea.

The 2015 Fox 32 Factory 120mm has a 11mm shorter AtC length. Putting it into the geometry calc that steepens the head angle by half a degree, tightens the wheelbase, and drops the BB by 4mm. It also nudges the reach out by 5mm (which would be good for fit).

Since I will be using it as a "leggy" XC bike, all of these effects sound positive to me - but I've never really played around with swapping forks before. I've worked in shops over the years so I typically bought a bike stock, then flipped it for a new one the next year.

Anyone have any thoughts on the pros/cons of the slightly shorter fork 120mm fork?

Thanks!

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Well 32's are junk and the BB I already on the floor but it's your choice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Anyone have any thoughts on the pros/cons of the slightly shorter fork 120mm fork?
    The Pike is a great fork. It is only ~150g more than the Fox32, which has a lot of flex.

The Fox is also overpriced in aftermarket.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    Well 32's are junk and the BB I already on the floor but it's your choice.
    If you're talking about the Evo/Performance/OEM 32's - I completely agree. However, I'd get a 2015 Factory Series 32. Do you have any experience with them? Or know anyone who has? I have a 140mm 34 Factory on my other bike, and I'm actually impressed with it. (Granted, I had low expectations going in)

And yeah, it already has a super low BB. I'll be running 170mm cranks (tiny femurs for my height), so it hopefully won't be an issue, and I like the low center of gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    The Pike is a great fork. It is only ~150g more than the Fox32, which has a lot of flex.

The Fox is also overpriced in aftermarket.
    Huh, I was going to say the Pike isn't available, but it is. The stiffness & the charger dampener were two bike pluses for the Pike. But I'll be buying direct and the Fox will end up ~$200 cheaper. And it's lighter.

Bah, I keep convincing myself back and forth.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    News Flash: QBP has the Pike 120mm 51offset in stock NOW.

Call your LBS if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    If you're talking about the Evo/Performance/OEM 32's - I completely agree. However, I'd get a 2015 Factory Series 32. Do you have any experience with them?
    Yes, I have experience with a Factory 32 ('14 model). It has Kashima coating and all this factory stuff, but it is still a 32, and still has 32-like flex.

Go with the Pike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yes, I have experience with a Factory 32 ('14 model). It has Kashima coating and all this factory stuff, but it is still a 32, and still has 32-like flex.

Go with the Pike.
    Awesome, thanks! Flex aside, how does the small bump compliance compare between the two? Any other distinctions in terms of performance? $200 is still $200.