Page 61 of 114 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2838
    mtbr member

Official Specialized Camber Thread

What size comp carbon did you get? Do you know the actual weight before the dropper seat.

Plan on ordering one in the next few weeks.... Bike rumor says 27lbs 14oz
    Just curious how close they are.

How's it ride? I can't wait to get mine!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I got a Large frame. I'm 6'3" 205lb. I like my frames on the smaller size, especially 29er's. The weight of my camber was close to 29lb with test ride pedals, I actually weighed it in the shop. I have a particular componet list I want to build and I'm almost done.
    Coming from a all Aluminum Titus Racer X the camber is Awesome climbs so much better, really responsive and really fast. The auto Sag is really cool. I'm playing around trying to get the right PSI in the Reba. No Complaints. I'm keeping an eye on the seat tube becasue I just noticed from a thread some frames are craking there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tPIC View Post
    Just picked up a 2012 Camber Expert last night in the January sales. I'd been saving for this one for a while so was glad to be able to bag one with £650 off original list.

It's currently sat upside-down in my lounge looking very shiny and new whilst I await a new shock-pump from Wiggle.

Quick question - can anybody tell me what manuals came with their Camber? I only got the basic 'Specialized Bicycle Owner's Manual' but that can't be all there should ahve been? I'd expect shock setup guides at least?

Thanks.
    I got the Spec, Rock Shock for the Reba, Fox for the rear shock and Avid brake manuals with mine. There was a setup cheat sheet on my Reba fork leg rider weight to PSI.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    The more I ride my 2013 Comp aluminum, the more I fall in love. I think the Cambers are an under appreciated bike on the whole. Made a personal goal today on "my" trail.... no stops, no breaks, no walking... just rode it all. Good day for a big and tall guy on the trail.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member

Thanks... Ill post a pic of mine once I get it....... Tax return money!!

mtbr member

Knight, I'm glad to hear a big guy enjoying the camber I'm 5'10" and 245lbs my soon to come bike will be carrying a big fella also!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhan View Post
    Does anyone know if the 110 mm Fox Float on the 2012 Camber Comp can be changed to 120 mm?

Fox doesn't offer any 110 mm forks, which makes me think that this is a 120 mm fork with a spacer in it. Is this true?
    I removed the 10mm spacer from the air spring assy some time last year. Been running my 2012 Camber Comp at 120mm with no problems.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
    I removed the 10mm spacer from the air spring assy some time last year. Been running my 2012 Camber Comp at 120mm with no problems.
    Great! I knew somebody had to have done it.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksousa81 View Post
    Knight, I'm glad to hear a big guy enjoying the camber I'm 5'10" and 245lbs my soon to come bike will be carrying a big fella also!
    I am a bigger guy than you by ~60#s. I test rode every FS bike I good get my hands on and there was just no comparison for the $$$. You will be in love with the bike FOR SURE!!!
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Need help deciding between a 2012 Camber Comp 29 and a 2013. It looks like the components on the 2012 are better but the 2013 has some design improvements. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    Need help deciding between a 2012 Camber Comp 29 and a 2013. It looks like the components on the 2012 are better but the 2013 has some design improvements. Any suggestions?
    I have a 2012 and my brother has a 2013. Overall I prefer the fox fork. And avid 7 brakes. The subdued colour scheme for 2012 carbon was preferable.

mtbr member
    Thanks, I was leaning toward the 2012 so this definitely helps.

mtbr member
    The slx shifters and xt shadow plus rear derailleur were the only pluses in 2013 for me. I figured I would get used to sram push push and worry about sram type 2 after some back to back runs this spring when the snow is gone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
    Be real careful with that. That spacer does more then limit travel. Also acts as a top out for the fork. You can do some internal damage to it without it. They are not the same as RS. Have had many conversations with FOX and the big S on it.

Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    Be real careful with that. That spacer does more then limit travel. Also acts as a top out for the fork. You can do some internal damage to it without it. They are not the same as RS. Have had many conversations with FOX and the big S on it.
    But it's relatively safe with the Rock Shox forks?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Sorry if i missed it, but does anyone have a 2013 camber in a small? Want to see how it looks. I'm 5'6.5" with a 31.7" inseam, and taking that into consideration and comparing p my rockhopper small geo it seems small is the way to go. Though I hear the medium may be better? Any insight?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

New 2012 Camber Comp 26

I had a chance to pick up a new 2012 Camber Comp 26' for $1200. My LBS had ordered 70+ units on close out. I got the yellow, red and black. I got the L size. I am 60 years old and been riding Mtn Bikes since the early 80s. I have had an FSR XC, but lately I had been riding my Salsa Fargo 29er. I decided to get an all rounder XC bike with full squish. I recently lost my left lower leg and I am a bit tentative about getting too adventurous offroad, but I am going to try an XC race in April.
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber002.jpg
    '13 CDale CAADX
    '12 Spec Camber Comp
    '12 Salsa Fargo
    "Riding with one leg is way better than not riding"

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sorry to hear about your leg bro.

I love the colour of your bike. I have a '12 Expert in the UK and the one thing I don't like really is the colourway.

Enjoy the bike. Any future plans for it?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    For now, I am just going to ride it and enjoy. Some things I may upgrade are the crankset and possibly the shifters. With my prosthetic, i can no longer stand and crank up the hill, so I will leave the triple for a lower bailout gear. The problem with going up that slow is being able to clip out fast enough. I have to use an "M" multi release SPD pedal at least on the left side. The prosthetic foot will not stay on a grippy studded flat pedal. So I am using some version of a Shimano SPD with mountainm shoes on all my bikes. I have to mount and dismount with my right foot. After I get stopped with the right foot down, I am able to clip the left side out. That's part of my hesitance about technical riding, I may not always be able to plant R foot first....
    I bought the 26 because I got the better price and I liked the color. Since the 26s are history, I thought I would snag one while I could. I have the Salsa Fargo for long rides that don't require suspension and I have a CDale CAADX cyclocross bike with two sets of wheels. I mostly ride it with the lower gears and 700x35 tires at least until winter is over. Then I will put the racier wheels with 700x25s and use it for my solo road bike. I hope to spend most the time on our tandem.
    I'm going down to Death Valley this weekend and it will be my first ride on the Camber.
    I hope to post up pics afterwards!
    '13 CDale CAADX
    '12 Spec Camber Comp
    '12 Salsa Fargo
    "Riding with one leg is way better than not riding"

mtbr member
    May 2011
    my 2011 Camber Expert
    Fox Float RL Fit fork
    Fox RP23 lager volume can with adaptive logic and BV
    XT 785 disc brakes
    XT785 shift pods
    XTR 10spd rear derailleur mid cage
    XT 10X2spd front derailleur
    SLX 10spd cranks 2X10 set up
    XT ice tech rotors 180mm in front and 160mm in the rear with ti bolts
    Sram PG-1070 cassette 12/36
    Sram 1090 hollow pin chain
    S Works 720mm carbon handlebars
    Crank Brothers Joplin seat post
    Crank Brothers candy 3 pedals
    Specialized phantom saddle gel with ti rails
    E13 bash guard
    Sun Ringle charger expert wheel set 15mm front and 10mm thru rear
    Easton Haven Stem 70mm
    In the front a specialized purgatory s-works tubeless 2.2
    In the rear a specialized the caption control tubeless 2.2
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-dsc_0336.jpg
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-dsc_0333.jpg
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-dsc_0338.jpg
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-dsc_0339.jpg
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_20121219_153839.jpg

Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by motoknight View Post
    my 2011 Camber Expert
    Sun Ringle charger expert wheel set 15mm front and 10mm thru rear
    How do you get a thru axle in the rear? What product is that, and does it feel like it makes a difference?

Really nice Camber you've got there.

Competent User
    Hey bwfox, there's a story in the newest Dirt Rag magazine about a rider with one prosthetic leg. It's fiction, but I read it last night, and thought it might be interesting for you.

Take care and have fun!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    If you have a convertible rear hub you can get 10mm caps and a through bolt. DT Swiss and hope make them as well as others. Standard rear drop outs are 10x135mm

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quick question. I have a chance to buy a 2012 Camber Comp 26" (new) for a great price. Under $1k dollars. 5'8" and old. worth it? Or should I just get the 29er.
    I live in Virginia where the trails for the most part are rocks and roots.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    yes you can feel the difference much stiffer. You have to have a wheel set that will take 10mm end caps to run a thru axle

Page 61 of 114 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast