Page 60 of 114 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2834
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhtopilko View Post
    Still waiting on somebody to pull thier forks apart.
    I would think that someone on here knows.

mtbr member
    I went from an 08 stumpy HT to a Camber EVO R. The ride is so much better but I wouldn't say it is faster. I tried the Epic but it kind of beat me up. I am an old guy so this bike suits me just fine. I'm not an expert but it's hard to beat an epic for climbing. If you're in to speed probably the Epic. Good fast paced trail riding the Camber. It does do a good job going downhill.
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcsocal View Post
    Okay Camber owners -- I have been struggling over which bike to get for months. I have cleaned out my garage to the point where I only have 1 bike in the quiver (I wake up with cold sweats on a regular basis) and want to add a FS 29er. My single ride is a '12 S-Works HT.

I've been riding 20 years and have the skills to ride my HT anywhere I want to go, but enjoy having options. I would say I'm an aggressive XC type that enjoys the reward of carving a nice descent after the climb. I am drawn to the Camber on paper, but it's just not quite calling out to me in-person (throwing a leg over).

Am I missing anything between the '13 Epic Marathon and either a '13 Camber Expert or Camber Expert EVO R -- again XC instincts pointing to EVO R. Really want to hear how well the Camber climbs compared to the Epic or my current HT.

Thanks in advance.
    how did you get down to just 1 bike??? i am impressed ...

i have a 2011 camber pro 29er [the root beer and white one] and i can go most places on it ... it has way more capabilities than i have and i don't push it to the limit ... i am 51 and ride for pleasure rather than hammer like i used to ... it is just a really comfortable all round bike ...

i have ridden the epic carbon ... it is a very fast bike indeed, but it was uncomfortable after about 40mins ...
    the s-works stumper ht was too twitchy for me ... plus i tried to pull a wheelie and the front kept coming over and it dumped me on my a$$
    i have ridden an anthem, it was okay, but nothing to rave over ...
    i spent some time on a carbon xtc, i did like that bike a lot ...

my other rides: singular swift and salsa el mariachi
    "old enough to know better. too old to care."

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Just got my girlfriend a Camber Comp. She's been on a Myka hard tail. She's 5'5" and we got her a small. It's been zero degrees here for the past week so she hasn't had a chance to try it out other than up and down the street a couple of times, but she says she notices a major difference just in riding over curbs, and up the stairs to our porch and she's really excited to get on the trails. It's supposed to warm up so we'r'e planning on riding this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

mtbr member
    Just picked up a 2012 Camber Expert last night in the January sales. I'd been saving for this one for a while so was glad to be able to bag one with £650 off original list.

It's currently sat upside-down in my lounge looking very shiny and new whilst I await a new shock-pump from Wiggle.

Quick question - can anybody tell me what manuals came with their Camber? I only got the basic 'Specialized Bicycle Owner's Manual' but that can't be all there should ahve been? I'd expect shock setup guides at least?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tPIC View Post
    Just picked up a 2012 Camber Expert last night in the January sales. I'd been saving for this one for a while so was glad to be able to bag one with £650 off original list.

It's currently sat upside-down in my lounge looking very shiny and new whilst I await a new shock-pump from Wiggle.

Quick question - can anybody tell me what manuals came with their Camber? I only got the basic 'Specialized Bicycle Owner's Manual' but that can't be all there should ahve been? I'd expect shock setup guides at least?

Thanks.
    can't remember what came with mine, but i refer to the charts here ...
    Specialized Bicycle Components

No talent hack
    Nov 2010

Thanks.
    I just got basic info for my 2013, but I don't really have to worry with shock set up. here is the 2012 suspension set up guide:

http://service.specialized.com/colla...-Air-Chart.pdf
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Many thanks for the links guys. It's good that Specialized make them all available on-line. I'll grab what I need from there. It's not quite the same though, I'm a bit old school and like the have paperwork to flick throughat my leisure.

mtbr member
    I also appreciate (Knight511) the posting of this on the site. I have it in paper form from a co rider but now I can keep it and maybe even get it laminated for protection. Thanks again. By the way, still very happy with my Camber Comp. Just don't have enough time lately to ride as much as I would like but that will make the bike last that much longer over time.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Many thanks for the links guys. It's good that Specialized make them all available on-line. I'll grab what I need from there. It's not quite the same though, I'm a bit old school and like the have paperwork to flick throughat my leisure.
    Print them out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I printed, laminated and pinned them to my garage wall.

Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dee View Post
    I printed, laminated and pinned them to my garage wall.
    I just saved the PDF on my phone. Not that I haven't memorized the pressures by now.

mtbr member
    true

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    I just saved the PDF on my phone. Not that I haven't memorized the pressures by now.
    So hav I but I did the garage wall thing to irritate my riding buddies

Also, my dad runs the same forks on his KHS HT (Reba RL but his are 100mm) so if he comes round he can quickly look up his too without reading it off the fork

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by abelfonseca View Post
    Here is a video I made of the way back from a long climb we did last Saturday with our group. Its a twisty downhill through what you guys would call fire roads. Its nothing technical nor am I going way fast but it was somewhat muddy and slippery and very fun. I almost lost it at 3:48, yay!.

Cheers

Disclaimer: No fowl was harmed during the filming of this video.
    Very nice video - I would love to come down there and spend some time riding the mountain roads. Yours is a beautiful country and reminds me of rural areas here in the States.

We just added another Camber to the stable. I've owned an '11 Elite 29er since new (April '11) and have been scouring the area for a Medium for my wife. As luck would have it, one of our local shops had a closeout demo Medium tucked away in a forgotten corner. It came home ultimately to join the increasing collection.

Pics of both when I hit 10 posts. Need to find us some fireroads on which to play...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I have a 2011 Camber comp 26" with Ario rl rear shock. The 2011 air chart on Spec. website is only a general guideline. The chart says 140 Lb rider you fill shock to 115 psi. I was running 110 thinking I was setup, wrong. My lBS asked me if I ride my bike with that much air all the time, I said yep for the last year now! any way they put me back on the bike and dropped air down to 90-95 psi. Holy crap what a difference. Chart is good but dont live by it like i did.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Im thinking of buying a camber 29er but im not sure if a should go for a large or an XL. Im 192 cm tall with 92 cm instem, I guess thats equal to 6 feet 3 inches with 36 inch instem.

Any advice?

Thank you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rularn View Post
    Im thinking of buying a camber 29er but im not sure if a should go for a large or an XL. Im 192 cm tall with 92 cm instem, I guess thats equal to 6 feet 3 inches with 36 inch instem.

Any advice?

Thank you
    i am 191cm with a 90cm inseam, i ride an XL camber, i find it fits great

i probably could fit the L with a longer headstem, although i rode an L sized stumpjumper hardtail and i ended up with a sore back after half and hour of riding ... i rode the XL sized one a few months later and had no issues [other than it was very light and i flipped it when i tried to do a wheelie, but thats a whole other issue!] ... not a scientific test really, but i went for the XL and have had no issues with fit ...

mtbr member

Any advice?

Thank you
    yep! I do have advice! Find a specialized dealer, find someone who will take the time to set the bike up properly (if they don't take out a shock pump, they aren't doing it right!) and test ride both sizes. Better yet, if you can find a spec. dealer with a demo fleet, see if you can not only test ride both sizes, but take a size large (they will not have XL demos) out for a demo on some actual trails. The experience of riding the bike offroad, on a ride that lasts as long as your normal ride will be more valuable to telling you what size you need, that anything that I, or anybody else could tell you on this site.

mtbr member
    Size is dependent on inseam. Some people have longer legs some people have longer torsos. I suggest you go to a shop ant "try" both sizes on to see which one fits you best. At 5'8" I should be on a medium, however I am on a small due to the short leg syndrome. From what hoogie posts the XL is certainly the right choice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iridethedirt View Post
    yep! I do have advice! Find a specialized dealer, find someone who will take the time to set the bike up properly (if they don't take out a shock pump, they aren't doing it right!) and test ride both sizes. Better yet, if you can find a spec. dealer with a demo fleet, see if you can not only test ride both sizes, but take a size large (they will not have XL demos) out for a demo on some actual trails. The experience of riding the bike offroad, on a ride that lasts as long as your normal ride will be more valuable to telling you what size you need, that anything that I, or anybody else could tell you on this site.
    Best advice yet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Any advice?

Thank you
    6'4" with 34" inseam - went with an XL and either a 100 or 120mm stem, length depending on the bars I'm running and the stem angle.

Fits like a glove.

mtbr member
    I am just under 6' with 32 " in-seam. I ride an L. It fits good. I changed to a 70mm stem. I can still get behind the seat on technical downhill stuff. I am real happy with this bike. All my friends ride Epics. I prefer the Camber.
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thank you all very much

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Just bought a 13 Camber Carbon Comp Love the bike but...... Was given a Reverb, internal routing is useless. Why couldn't Specialize make the routing hole a little bigger to accomadate Hydro cable? I don't get? I see this topic was touched upon here . For the record Jag Wire Hydro cable" Does Not Fit" into the routing hole. Have to run it outside

Page 60 of 114 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast