Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2838
    mtbr member
    Have Fun!!!

I'm really loving mine.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Coming from a large sized 26 inch 13 year old bike to the correct size modern 29er, I can say that this thing is HUGE and I feel SO high on the seat. I lowered it just a bit to feel more stable feeling while I get use to riding a bike that actually FITS. FWIW, the new XO Gripshift is REALLY nice.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    I've lowered mine a bit as well. Our trails tend to be twisty, rocky, and rooty!

mtbr member
    my camber in the redwoods, rotorua, new zealand ... finished work at lunctime and snuck into the forest ... does that mean i am getting paid for this???

the redwoods/whakarewarewa: world class trails 10mins gentle ride from our accomodation ... ride 3.5hrs and not ride the same trail twice, then back to our motel and soak in the thermally heated pool ... can it get any better than this???

camber pro 29, absolutely stock except for the bar ends ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber_sweetandsour.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber_yellowbrickroad.jpg  

"old enough to know better. too old to care."

mtbr member
    the W2K track in taupo ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber_w2k.jpg  

"old enough to know better. too old to care."

mtbr member
    Finely got my 29er Camber Carbon Evo to the 1 x 10 it should have come with in the first place. I thought all EVO's had one front ring? We put a Raceface 32 tooth SS ring on the front with an MRP S3/E-Mount 32-40T (Black) chain guide. It was a chore to get the chainguide in place since it is so far away from the seat tube. Anyway, after several hours of trial and error and several shims the LBS got it done. Went out on a 20 plus mile ride yesterday and it performed flawlessly. It is in there solid.

Camber 1 x 10 Photos by pacodog1 | Photobucket
    Last edited by MObiker; 12-24-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    my camber in the redwoods, rotorua, new zealand ... finished work at lunctime and snuck into the forest ... does that mean i am getting paid for this???

the redwoods/whakarewarewa: world class trails 10mins gentle ride from our accomodation ... ride 3.5hrs and not ride the same trail twice, then back to our motel and soak in the thermally heated pool ... can it get any better than this???

camber pro 29, absolutely stock except for the bar ends ...
    Neat colours, quite unlike anything you'd find in north america.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Good job!

Buy mine in the classifieds
    Amazing bike. Just have something else on the cards.

Open to offers

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone here knows the weight of the wheelset that's on the 2012 Camber Comp 29.

Specifically, the Roval 29 Alloy Disc rims, with Specialized Hi Lo Disc hubs.

Why can't I weigh by own wheels, you ask? To that I say: mind your own business!

mtbr member
    from what i have read around the forums i believe the set weights around 2100g
    someone correct me if Im wrong

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    That sounds about right, thanks.

Competent User

My 2012 Camber 29

I think this bike is pretty close to done for me. The only things left are the seatpost, fork and shock. I removed the spacer in the fork, and now we're up to 120mm travel in front.

It's a medium, and the weight is 29lb 14 oz. I think that's probably about where it's gonna stay, and I'm cool with that.

Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29 wheelset
    Maxxis Ardent 2.2 LUST/Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 (tubeless)
    Race Face Turbine 3/4 riser bar (725mm)
    Easton Havoc 65mm stem
    Odi Rogues (best thing!)
    WTB Pure V saddle
    XT pedals
    XT cassette
    SLX shifters
    SLX crankset (2x9)
    SLX medium cage rear derailleur (wrecked the XT)
    SLX M675 brakes (couldn't get the Avids to shut up, and SRAM wouldn't help)

All things considered, I wish I'd bought the Camber Comp model for the 10 speed, and the tapered HT. I didn't know the difference then, and replaced the drivetrain parts one at a time, not intending to do a full upgrade, but here we are.

It's a good bike, and there are some days when it's perfect. There are other rougher places where I wish it was more stiff and had more travel, but that's not the bike it is. If I was to do it all over, I'd have gone more all mountain, but I've also had a hell of a lot of fun with this bike, and it'll do me for at least another year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    does anybody know the weight of the 2013 Camber Comp (carbon) frameset?

mtbr member
    My brother has a medium 2013 camber carbon and I have a large 2012 camber carbon. Neither bike has been ridden yet. He is 25 lbs heavier than me. I am 185lbs. We are thinking of swapping rotors and brackets, so he has the 200 180 combo, and I get his 180 160 combo. I am thinking this right sizes things for us. Any reason not to do this?

mtbr member
    No harm in swapping out rotors and brackets

I'm thinking of getting a 2013 camber carbon once u ride it post a review
    Loved to know what u thought of the ctd rear shock and the overall ride
    Thanks

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Definitely can't go wrong with the carbon, but with the changes to the aluminum models this year, they are a heck of a bargain... not that I am biased or anything...
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    We prefer the carbon feel. But from price to weight standpoint, a 2013 camber comp 29 with some different wheels would be lighter. Damn snowy here in Edmonton though. Rode my old super V yesterday.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    That is why I went with the aluminum... I liked the carbon better by a small margin, but I felt that the $1K saved would go further on making the aluminum a better option for me. Considering the level of specs are almost identical between the 2, I plan on spending the extra money on shifters (done), brakes, wheels and then eventually replacing the fork if the Reba lets me down. Of course the cost difference is made less if you are a "Shimano guy" since the drivetrain of the carbon is Shimano... I am a Gripshifting fool, so the SRAM of the aluminum made the switch to GS pretty cheap.

The RS Monarch will take an entirely different pressure to feel the same as the Fox too. I had the Fox at 290-295 (I am not a small potato) to get the same feel as the RS at 260-265. And... since I am a bit of a bigger rider, the auto-sag left me wanting a bit as it would set the shock at 250 or so (estimating based on air loss connecting the pump), but the bike felt too soft for me (that may change as I have only ever ridden hard tails up to this point).

That all being said.... if you can get your hands on a 2012 Camber Carbon, it may be a different story. The components are different and the Fox fork is pretty nice and it has better brakes than the 2013.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    The reasons you mentioned, the all Fox suspension and brakes are why I went 2012. My brother hemmed and hawed and missed a 2012. He bought a 2013.
    I would prefer the 2013 shimano shifters and rear derailleur. Both of ours are carbon comps.

Just weighed my 2012 lareg size camber carbon comp. 29.2 lbs with wellgo mg1 pedals.
    Last edited by jhtopilko; 01-16-2013 at 05:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Got a base 2013 camber. Any suggestions on what I should swap out first?

mtbr member
    Depends on your goals. I would probably ride it till something broke, or you noticed something really had to change, like tires or fork or shock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by darKnight57 View Post
    Got a base 2013 camber. Any suggestions on what I should swap out first?
    Dropper seatpost

mtbr member
    i bought mavic crossmax st 29 wheels 2 weeks ago they sit in the closet waiting for a bike.
    im thinking the 2013 camber comp or comp carbon

im thinking that the fox rear shock is a better option im coming from a hardtail so i know nothing about rear suspension i weight 245lbs
    would finish off the bike off with carbon bar, lightweight stem and seatpost

i live in new england and feel that coming off of a hardtail that the 110mm travel would be the right setup for me

your thoughts?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Another question here:

How much can I get in return if a switch the factory wheels to a new and lighter set? 200 usd?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhtopilko View Post
    We prefer the carbon feel. But from price to weight standpoint, a 2013 camber comp 29 with some different wheels would be lighter. Damn snowy here in Edmonton though. Rode my old super V yesterday.
    I have a question you say and I've heard others make similar comments about the feel of carbon?
    I'm sure it's not your hand touching the frame, is there any way to explain how riding a carbon frame is Diffrent than an aluminum frame?

Thanks

Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 ... LastLast