Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,850 of 4322
    occ member
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Do you still ride it?
    Sure do! I just got some new tires and they really make a big difference, much more stable, holds a line better, better traction, and it's more comfortable. I went from the 2.0 Captains to a 2.4 Chunky Monkey up front and a 2.25 Smorgasbord in the back. Feels like a new bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Sure do! I just got some new tires and they really make a big difference, much more stable, holds a line better, better traction, and it's more comfortable. I went from the 2.0 Captains to a 2.4 Chunky Monkey up front and a 2.25 Smorgasbord in the back. Feels like a new bike!

Nice! I've got a 2.1 velociraptors on front and back on mine. Is that a 26er as well?

occ member
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Nice! I've got a 2.1 velociraptors on front and back on mine. Is that a 26er as well?
    Yes. I'm quite happy with it, but am still full suspension 29er curious. I also ride a rigid 29er single speed and like both bikes equally.

mtbr member
    It was a bit muddy on the trails yesterday at the dwellingup 100

mtbr member
    Looks good with a little mud on it!

Quote Originally Posted by mongreluc View Post
    It was a bit muddy on the trails yesterday at the dwellingup 100
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Camber Carbon Expert EVO
    2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Camber Thread

New Bash among other things and love these Ardents!!

mtbr member
    it was my first ever endurance event . This bike surprised me with how well it done everything that was put in front of it the biggest restriction to the bikes performance this time out was the rider. But when i think about it 6 months ago i would only of managed to do 5 k of trail before being totally stuffed. I think i done well to have finished 40k and still be upright

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

My Camber Comp

Upgraded 2014 comp:
    Got this as a hardly used Demo bike for almost half the RRP, the fork was already installed. Here is a list of the upgrades from standard:
    Reba RL,
    1X10, XT shifter, derailleur, brakes, cassette,
    blackspire 30T Chain ring,
    Oneup 40T&16T,
    Thomson carbon bars,
    Coming soon - Command Dropper Post

Here it is:
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber-1-.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-camber-2-.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-camber-3-.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-camber-4-.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-20140907_141028.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-20140907_141005.jpg  

Uppo

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Great upgrades on a Demo. Nice.

mtbr member
    Sweet 1

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Very trick Shamus

mtbr member
    So a few weeks ago I was riding and the bike would not shift, so I changed the cable, was not the problem, but looking at the shift lever it had a crack in it so I replaced it, now new cable and shifter and still would not shift right, so further looking at the rear derailleur one of the cogs was broke, took a cog out of another bike and it worked again. Now I was riding today and it was not braking right (stock avids 13 camber) got home took it apart and there is a broken piece of plastic in the lever that pushes down inside the brake which causes pressure to make the bike stop, So now I need a new brake assembly, guess I will just upgrade to xt's , I dont have the money for both so im just doing the rear for now because thats the broken one.

Anyway, why does this bike constantly break? I had to replace the Bottom Bracket when they decided to freeze up, and when I was trying to get the crank off I F#cked it up and broke it because the threads where all seized up, that or they make them super tight from factory.

Another thing I cant stand is when I call a lbs and ask if they have parts, they always tell me, no we dont carry that, but we can order it for you......DUH so can I its called the internet!!!! So it looks like Im ordering a new brake and will once again not be riding this weekend. damn bikes.... ok rant over

btw I love my camber
    2016 Scott Scale 710 Plus
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp

mtbr member
    that is SWEET!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShamusWave View Post
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    Thanks!
    Couple better pics after first ride yesterday...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    that RS-1 fits very well with this decals shamus
    here is my comp evo 2014

Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_1061-2-.jpg
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_1063-2-.jpg
    at the service room, with nice stainless steel in the back, fits the butcher tire
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_1102-2-.jpg
    tour on monday at "Eifel" 55 km, this pic was at ca. 30 km

greets from germany
    tuenni
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_1088-2-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hello, all!

Question about the shock on a 2012 camber comp 29er. Can you run a 200x51 shock on it? I blew my triad two days ago jumping ramps in the yard with the kids, so I'm hunting for a new shock to replace it. (Go figure that my boys had no problems on their bmx beater bikes, but I destroy a shock on a $1300 'real' bike!)

So, I'm not experienced enough to know which rear shock I 'need' as far as model goes. I know the OEM size is not very popular and that the 200x51 is more common. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just spoke to specialized customer service and got the okay for the 200x51 shock. A 57mm would be too long, but a 51 is just about perfect!

Now, what to get???

mtbr member
    Make sure the new shock has the correct yoke mount for your year model.

The new Monarch Debonair seems to be the most loved for these bikes, over the Fox models.

I don't think we can get past 120mm at that spec from specialized though.
    An extra 10mm would be so nice.
    Last edited by Trail_Blazer; 09-15-2014 at 01:01 PM.

mtbr member
    FYI:
    They jusy released the new debonair upgrade kit for both positive and negative chambers on the RS Monarch series.

Here is a link to one of the kits, they have several for each model of shock.

http://www.aebike.com/RockShox-Monar...3_p_74646.html

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

... and if we just ...

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/41515983@N05/15138377831/player/" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

My first 29er, after riding over 20 years 26".
    What a hell of a Bike! Love it!

mtbr member

wah wah waaaaah

tis why I love my LBS - they were even closed yesterday and an employee saw it on facebook, texts me for serial#/year/time of purchase. lowers were already being shipped and here tomorrow (race this next weekend, eeek)

yay for warranties and awesome ass local bike shops

mtbr member
    How many people who went to 1x10 decided to go back to the original 2x10?

After riding my fat bike a lot lately it has got me thinking of going back, or do I try the giant cog in the back and use a 30t up front? Currently im running a 32t up front with 11-36 rear.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I understand wanting more gears, but once going 1x, I would never go back. There is something to be said about the simplicity of a 1x10, 1x11. Before I would go with the giant cog and try to get it to work seamlessly, I would just save up for a x1 set up. Nice thing about buying an x1 set up, if you decide down the line to get a new bike, just slap your old stuff on the old bike and transfer the x1 to the new bike. Then again, the way the industry is going, I have a feeling that 1x is going to be the norm for budget bikes too before too long. IMO.

SM

Does NOT know it all!
    I'm running 36/22 Chainrings and 11/36 Cogs on my Carbon Comp and feel that is a great set-up for where I ride. I have a 2.5 mile street ride to get to the mountain and ride with the 36 Chainring on the street, but drop it down to the 22 Chainring for all my climbs on the mountain. The way I look at it my 36 is for the street and my 22 is for the trails - the best of both worlds and no hasseles at all.

mtbr member
    I think im going to try a 30T up front first, and see how it goes, I don't have 1000 bucks to throw down on a 1X11, I would just but a bike with a 1X11 first before I would do that, most bikes with those come with higher end components.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    First of all I´d like to thank you for all the pics and information on the 2015 camber expert evo.
    I just got mine and it is a fantastic bike. I am riding bikes for 25 years now and it is by far the best bike I ever owned. It´s my first 29er!

Meanwhile I noticed that the bottle-cage is not capable of holding 750 ml bottles without the bottle touching the fox-damper. Which bottles do you use? Any recommendations? I saw specialized offers a 620 ml bottle.
    Another thing is the front tire. As I come from Cross Country / Trail, I was not used to have a front tire throwing that much sand & mud into my face and all over my legs. I look kind of breaded when I come home from biking. Even my wife did notice that the dirt level increased considerably.
    Did anybody notice this (I don´t want to call it “problem”), too?
    Do you have any suggestions for an other good front tire?

Does NOT know it all!
    I use the lower water bottle cage to hold my spare tube, patches, tire irons, co2 bottles and co2 inflater - they make a container that looks like a small water bottle that fits in there perfectly. I got the Profile Designs Aqua cage that holds two bottles and mounts on the seat post. This works well and gives you twice as much water. I like the front tire so I can't help you there.

Below is a photo of the Profile Designs Aqua Cage on my Camber.

Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg

DFMBA.org
    Quote Originally Posted by cannondaleCAD3 View Post
    First of all I´d like to thank you for all the pics and information on the 2015 camber expert evo.
    I just got mine and it is a fantastic bike. I am riding bikes for 25 years now and it is by far the best bike I ever owned. It´s my first 29er!

Meanwhile I noticed that the bottle-cage is not capable of holding 750 ml bottles without the bottle touching the fox-damper. Which bottles do you use? Any recommendations? I saw specialized offers a 620 ml bottle.
    Another thing is the front tire. As I come from Cross Country / Trail, I was not used to have a front tire throwing that much sand & mud into my face and all over my legs. I look kind of breaded when I come home from biking. Even my wife did notice that the dirt level increased considerably.
    Did anybody notice this (I don´t want to call it “problem”), too?
    Do you have any suggestions for an other good front tire?
    Congrats on your new bike amigo. As far as bottle go I use a Spec side entry Zee cage on my Comp Carbon and can squeeze in a 24oz Camelback insulated bottle without it hitting the shock. Regarding the tire situation, you may want to consider a Ground Control or other tire with slightly lower knobs. My bike came stock with a 2.3 GC front and it's a great tire for the AZ deserts where I ride and I don't feel like I'm getting sprayed with dirt.

Edit: My Camber is a 2013 and the geo changed in '14 so my bottle recommendations may not work on your bike, in fact.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    If your covered in mud maybe you should wait for the trail to dry more.

mtbr member

The best thing I've found to work is a Zee cage and and a 21oz Camelbak Podium Chill water bottle. The 24oz bottle will be slightly too tall. The only time I've really ever use it is out west. Here in ARKANSAS the trails I ride are either so dry they're dusty or so wet they're muddy. Either way you get a mouth full of mud when you take a drink. I carry my water on my back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    FYI: The new 4x Podium Chill is only 21oz but super tall and wont fit. Bad idea

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
    FYI: The new 4x Podium Chill is only 21oz but super tall and wont fit. Bad idea
    Well, the older Podium 21oz bottles are 9 3/8" tall, so I guess if you can't find on of the older bottles something that's no taller should work.

BTW, notice the Marsh Guard on my fork it might keep you from looking so "breaded" but it won't keep you bottle clean.

mtbr member
    I use the 12oz Specialized KEG, to keep an extra backup of water on my bike when I'm in desert like locations, while I use a camelbak for primary.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Camber time....

Official Specialized Camber Thread-dscn1595-xl.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hey Guys, thank you so far - I´ll go for an other bottle now and use the 750ml only on the roadbike then. I have an Camelback in use for longer rides. Maybe I´ll try some fenders, but if an other tire could solve the problem, I would be more happy. If anyone else has any good suggestions, I´ll be happy to know em. thank you!!!

mtbr member
    Rusor; I like that helmet, which one is it? I don't know about you but the more I ride my EVO, the more I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSOR View Post
    Camber time....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1595-XL.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	330.3 KB 
ID:	925231
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

Monster FTW

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Ok, I need to post mine... Custom built Camber Carbon Evo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Specialized Camber Carbon Evo

mtbr member
    For those of you who have put Shimano Deore brakes on your bike, did you need to do anything special to the calibers? mine are not lining up correctly and there not getting full contact on the brake pad. The front disc is also dragging so the wheel does not spin freely.
    The bike is a 2013 camber comp, large frame with stock rotors 200 in the front 180 in the rear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-2014-09-22-17.28.26.jpg  

mtbr member
    Yes when I changed my brakes I had to use the a REAR shimano brand mounting adapter for the Caliper to line up with rotors.
    The latest shimano adapters have a special bolt kit that makes lineing up the braked much easier.
    My front lined up but always dragged until I swapped the adapter to the Shimano unit.

mtbr member
    Thanks, do you know if there is a number on it or when I go to the LBS they will know what im talking about?

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Thanks you da man

mtbr member
    Just make sure not to install it backwards or upside down you can flip it around before screwing it down and make sure your caliper lines up better.
    The taller end of the adapter should face the rear of the bike and the short to the front.
    And install the layered washers in the correct order as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
    Just make sure not to install it backwards or upside down you can flip it around before screwing it down and make sure your caliper lines up better.
    The taller end of the adapter should face the rear of the bike and the short to the front.
    And install the layered washers in the correct order as well.
    Well I took my bike with me to the LBS and asked if they have any adapters in stock, well if course they did not, but he insisted that the Avid rotors on the Camber will not work with Shimano brakes. He tells me they will never line up perfectly and I will most likely go through more pads. Is this a load of BS? or is he right, after looking up prices for Shimano rotors Im going to just buy new rotors, there pretty cheap.

Merendon Junkie
    A mugshot of my old, trusty, super fun steed.

Official Specialized Camber Thread-dsc_2059crop.jpg

mtbr member
    That is BS. A Shimano Rotor is shaped just like an Avid rotor.
    180mm is 180mm.
    6 bolt is a standard for all wheel hubs and rotors.

Get the right adapter online and install it then go show the LBS how dumb they are.

Trail Ninja
    There are minor differences:

The brake track can be thicker (1.5mm to 2.3mm) and taller, and the cut-outs may be sized just right based on the size of the pads. Sometimes the rotor might be tall enough that it contacts the caliper.

If it were the other way around, some Shimano two piece rotors contact Avid brake calipers. The area where the brake track rivets to the carrier is a little fat and close enough that it can contact the bottom of the caliper, which has a stopper there made to fit the bleed block.

They might have been told by their respective brand reps, and from trying it themselves, that there have been enough issues that deem them not fully compatible. I believe (going off of memory) Shimano considers a rotor that's 1.5mm thick to be worn out, while I think Avid's rotor starts out about 1.8mm thick, while Shimano's starts out 2.0mm thick.

I know the Avid 185 post mount adapter was kind of iffy. The adapter's holes don't line up perfectly with the posts' threads, and the flat for the caliper to sit on wasn't perpendicular to the threads, so it becomes increasingly hard to tighten the bolts. The CPS washers are needed to compensate, and they add a little height to the caliper. Not sure if their 180 adapter is any better.

Avid rotors aren't that great anyways. Even Shimano's lowest end all steel ones prob are better (quieter, less vibration, less heat issues, performance when wet/dirty, pad life, etc.). Avid's rotors are relatively lighter, I'll give it that.

Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast