Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2498
    mtbr member
    Rock Shox Monarch RL w/ autosag comes on the comp 29 model. Ive been jumping around on here trying to find some reviews. What do people think and say about it?

My Plan was to grab a 2013 camber comp 29 and a set of mavic crossmax 29 ST
    price tag is going to be about $3150.00
    Still cheaper than the Comp Carbon that my LBS is selling for $3500
    but the carbon has the FOX Float CTD Evolution. Im new to the full suspenion game and want to make sure that the rock shox monarch RL has what it takes to keep me riding .
    5'10" 240lbs
    I ride XC and real Techy XC nothing more than 2 foot drop( and not every often either)

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I considered that option, but preferred the frame feel of the carbon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I was going to add a picture I found on my phone of my Camber but it didn't look good when I viewed on the laptop compared to my phone!

Tried to delete the post but couldn't. Sorry.

But rather than waste a post - just thought - what made you choose the Camber?

For me, I knew I wouldn't need more than 120mm, I liked the styling and knew Spesh have a great rep and build good bikes. The real clincher though was the fact that it felt 'right' as soon as I rode it.
    Last edited by Super Dee; 12-09-2012 at 05:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    like you the camber felt right right away.
    So I tested a Tallboy LT AL ,and a Specialized EPIC comp, and then a Stumpjumper.
    None felt as good as the Camber carbon, all the other bikes I tested were AL.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    So I could post a pic of my Camber my son sent me this one. It's his '12 Hardrock Disc in the background.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Well... I bought a '12 specialized stumpjumper comp fsr 26.
    About the Camber Comp I didn't care for the rear ARIO shock that blew out so easily, the cheap front hub and cheap crankset & BB. I understand they are/were going after a price point and its a lot of bike for the money. Also had I known that all the bike manufacturers were going to stop producing 120-130mm suspension forks eliminating the possibility for future upgrades I wouldn't have bought the Camber in the first place. Keep in mind I'm not griping. I ride very aggressively and outgrew the capabilities of the Camber much faster than I expected. It got me back into mountain biking at a pretty low price. I love Specialized bikes and the SJ FSR is my 4th specialized. My 3rd Specialized full suspension bikes.

Helped my buddy do some trail maintenance yesterday. Then we ripped through that trail like we were on fire! lol.

I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Monarch rl on comp 2013 can be upgraded to rt3?

Send from Tapatalk via GalaxyTab

Merendon Junkie

Riding my Camber through some sweepers

Here is a video I made of the way back from a long climb we did last Saturday with our group. Its a twisty downhill through what you guys would call fire roads. Its nothing technical nor am I going way fast but it was somewhat muddy and slippery and very fun. I almost lost it at 3:48, yay!.

Cheers

Disclaimer: No fowl was harmed during the filming of this video.
    Last edited by abelfonseca; 12-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Cool vid.

Hammer that Camber!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I got my rear shock back from Fox last night, they did a rebuild, no charge.

While my Camber was out of commission we went back to our 26ers....never again!
    Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Tweaks done to my Camber so far

-Converted to tubeless
    -Trimmed bars 2.5"
    -Added GP2 grips

-Hope to upgrade wheels at some point.
    Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-dsc007001.jpg

My 2011 Camber comp 26" size small with a few changes.

Answer pro-taper carbon 720mm 1/2" rise Handlebars (stock 680mm)
    Shimano SLX cranks and BB 175MM from 170mm
    Shimano M-520 pedals
    Tubeless Conv.
    Ground Control 2.1 rear 2.3 front ( Had Captain 2.2's)
    Specialized stem non adjustable 75mm (saved 24.6 grams over adjustable angle)
    Lizard Skins Peaty Lock on cheers grips
    Blackurn Dirt merchant front fender ( No straps! )
    Last edited by whiskeytango Rider; 12-16-2012 at 06:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Replaced rear derailleur today. Really do not know what happened, never dropped the bike, hit anything, or any of the normal reasons a rear derailleur would get damaged, bent cage. Purchased the exact same model however it was not available in black so I got the crome. Looks good, shifts good, due to rain no ride yet so we shall see.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    @ Whiskytango Rider - that pic / your username brought back memories of the old Whiskytown racer!

BTW, were the 680mm bars stock on all US Cambers? I only seem to have seen 720mm on UK Cambers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    My bike came with 680mm.
    Not sure about other bikes. 2011 Camber models in US had 680mm handlebars according to website. and 2012 as well .

Whiskeytown Rocks! Oh and 720mm was best swap yet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks! I guess it depends on the Country then for the overall spec.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Yes, Country does matter. Also sometimes Specialized will make small changes and do not edit website specs. For instance my bike came with Captain 2.2 tires front &back ,but website says Captain .2.0's front &back?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    @whiskeytango_Rider, nice bike,nice place to ride. I love that country up there.Next time I get back to Redding, I'm going to ride Whiskeytown. Rode FB trail when I was there in Sept.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks! If you come to Redding and have no one to ride with PM me. FB trail is a great trail, Whiskeytown is alot more difficult to navigate and ride,But well worth it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hi

I'm considering a camber that can be a XC race machine during the summer and more of a trail oriented bike during the off season between sept - may.

My budget is around the comp carbon model so I would like to buy the camber and switch parts (seatpost, steam, handlebar, tyres, tubeless?, add barends) so Its more race oriented “out of the box”.

Is that a good idea? What should i do for get the camber to be more of a race bike? Im not looking for upgrades price-wise, more geometry-wise and maby weight-wise if I change the tyres.

Thank you

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I would definitely try both the Carbon and the Aluminum models. The aluminum weighs a tiny bit more now that they switched to the M5 aluminum and a new swing arm. According to Bike Rumor, the difference is 7 ounces. 2013 Specialized Mountain Bikes – Complete Overview & Actual Weights - Bike Rumor

The price difference is $1000 between the two. While you may be "stuck" with the Monarch on the aluminum rear end, you can spend the $$$ to upgrade the bike as you see fit. I replaced the shifters with XO GripShift and would still have enough money left to replace the front fork with a Fox before touching the price of a carbon Camber.

Just my $0.02... and I am going crazy waiting for the bike to get to my LBS from the Specialized warehouse.....
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Anyone use a reverb on their Camber?

Torn between that and my original first choice of the Command post.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dee View Post
    Anyone use a reverb on their Camber?

Torn between that and my original first choice of the Command post.
    I have a KS Dropzone with remote on mine and LOVE IT!!! I've had a KS i950r (same post only no setback) on my Giant Reign for a few years and its been trouble free. Kindshock is the best on the market IMO. If you don't need/want the setback post the supernatural has 6" of travel vs the dropzone's 5".
    The cheapest I found them was through cycle club sports out of Texas for those of you in the US. Either way a dropper post is the best upgrade to a bike
    I think I'm not as good as I thought.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    FWIW, I picked my new Camber Comp up yesterday.... sadly, I won't get to ride it for a few days...

Just got to ride it around my street, yard and a field for a bit..... I am going to be a very happy biker.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast