Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,750 of 4375
    mtbr member
    The shock and link and rear triangle are available for seperate purchase on any recent year model that you could upgrade without a whole new frame.

mtbr member
    Hey guys I noticed on my 2013 camber comp the crank arm says BB30, but when you look at the specs on the website page it says PF30, are they the same thing? I was thinking of replacing mine because they dont spin real freely and was not sure what to order.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Any idea why Specialized offers the Brain rear shock on several high-end Stumpjumper FSRs but not on any of the Cambers. The Brain rear shock seems like a much better shock to spec on a XC/Trail bike like the Camber rather the the FSR Trail bike.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    To address the last 4 posts:

1. The difference was very noticeable from the Triad to the new swing arm. It may or may not be with the upgraded shock. You also may like the feel of the old vs the new. It is a pretty subjective thing.

2. I would be hard pressed to believe that you that the rear swing arm is a straight swap, BUT if it is, that would be pretty cool. Although I don't know how much a complete swing arm assembly cost to even venture a guess at whether or not it is cost effective.

3. PF30 really means PFBB30. PF30 and BB30 cranks are interchangeable. The bottom bracket bearings are different.

4. No Brain on Cambers. I would take a shot at saying, "Because it doesn't need it." Hear me out. The Epic is the hardcore racing bike. It is suppose to be a firm pedaling XC racing machine. Anything to help in that pursuit helps. The high end Stumpys have the Brain as well. The Stumpy is a pretty squishy pedaling bike. Although I think the CTD shocks would be just fine for the climbing, the Brain just allows you to not think about flipping a switch. In my experience with Stumpys, they NEED something to help pedaling uphill. The Camber is kind of the Goldilocks of the brand. It is a good pedaling platform (so long as you maintain good pedaling habits), so it doesn't need the Brain to aid in climbing. It is also more of a trail bike than it is a XC racing machine. It doesn't really need every bit of speed it can have. No to mention, it also keep the prices down some what.... and yearly maintenance is easier and cheaper (Brain shocks CANNOT be rebuilt at a bike shop, they must be sent in with a multi-week turn around time).

FWIW, I wanted the Stumpy FSR Elite when I decided to get my Camber. I liked ALL OF THE SPECS of the SJ-FSR Elite on paper..... the ride was a different story. I just liked the ride of the Camber more... it just fit my riding style and terrain much better.
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0
    1999 Trek STP200 (the commuter)

mtbr member
    I have a bent rear triangle and got a price quote of about 300 bucks for all new M5 alum triangle which is made of two halfs which cost about 150 each. The link is also available for around 70 bucks as is the shock of your choice.

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Camber Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
    The shock and link and rear triangle are available for seperate purchase on any recent year model that you could upgrade without a whole new frame.
    I have tried to get part numbers from a local bike shop with no success. I called last year in the summer, if I could get the part numbers, I would have them priced out and make the decision. I would prefer the evo version, every mm helps.
    2014 Norco range 7.1. Avalanche F34 RP23 with push Factory tune by suspensionwerx.

mtbr member
    I will get the part numbers for mine if you like but they are model specific.
    Best way to find out is call Specialized and tell them you bent yours and need a replacement. They offer crash discounts often too. But they wont deny your order, from my recent experiance.

mtbr member
    I would think I would require new link and hardware, yoke,and rear triangle. Anything else comes to mind?
    2014 Norco range 7.1. Avalanche F34 RP23 with push Factory tune by suspensionwerx.

mtbr member
    The Ano bolts for the links are sold separate for near 70 bucks

mtbr member
    Lot of money for bolts, would be nice to have access to a wrecked bike in a perfect world.

mtbr member
    I also wish they sold a seperate fact9/10 Carbon frame but they only sell the fact11 and for a super high price of 4500 bucks. Pfft.

mtbr member
    I have considered picking up a used carbon bike for its frame to integrate with my gear but get worried about how bad the owner beat on it.

What's up Dut?
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lastplace29er View Post
    I really wish you hadn't said that.
    Ha! Sorry dude.

I now have 2 good rides on the new EVO camber. I am digging it. Now, like some of you have noted already. Is it worth the extra $$$$ to upgrade bikes? I came from a 2012 Camber Comp (with some decent upgrades already) to this EVO. It was a lot of money for sure. Did I need it? Nah. But I wanted it.

My bike now weighs under 26lbs and that is with the heavy stock wheels. The RS Pike is a very nice upgrade and feels awesome on the trails. The bike just handles completely different to me. Will it make me a little better or faster? I certainly hope so. I think that with the improved linkage and 120mm of travel over the 110 it is giving me more confidence. The bike is certainly not holding me back.

I love it! Can't wait for our super long ride tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    I would like to ride the two back to back, I expect the pike to be the game changer.

mtbr member
    Don't forget the pike isnt a light weight fork like the SID\Reba 120 its usually matched with. It can change the bike weight noticably.
    Regardless I love my 2014 Revelation 150 which weighs the same as the pike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I was trying to wait for the 2015 Camber Comp, but the brakes failed on my old GT XCR2000. I didn't really want to spend much money on such an old bike, so decided new was the way to go... Nearly bought a base model 2014 camber, but the comp seemed like a worthy upgrade... I know the specs on the 2015 look better, but my LBS here in Canada said i may be waiting till september for those models... Didn't want to wait so i bought the 2014 camber comp for $2300 CAD. Seems like a good deal.. Opinions?

Does NOT know it all!
    Anyone change their Formula C1 brakes over to XT's - and how much did it cost?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I changed my front brake from formula to XT. I changed the whole system including the rotor. I think the total was about $230 for the front.

mtbr member
    2014 Camber Comp is awesome. Can't go wrong there even for 2300.

XT brakes are on sale now for killer prices. Look around man. Now is the time.

Some say the Zee brakes are the best because they weigh and cost same as XT but they can break much better than an XT set.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    DO you know someone how long is the steerer in 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Evo 29er?
    thanks in advice

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoul View Post
    DO you know someone how long is the steerer in 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Evo 29er?
    thanks in advice
    Depends on the size.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...evo29#geometry

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Gentlemen! Greetings!

Just joined the club! Bought a used 2012 camber comp 29er for $1300 with saint pedals. Loving the bike! Only one trail ride on it so far, but I am extremely impressed with the bike. This bike has a lot of firsts for me - disc brakes, 29" wheels, air suspension, full suspension - and I'm having so much fun with it. Will post up some pics when I get some decent ones!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaHector View Post
    Gentlemen! Greetings!

Just joined the club! Bought a used 2012 camber comp 29er for $1300 with saint pedals. Loving the bike!
    Congrats.

I've kicking around the idea of picking a pair of those Saint pedals to use during the winter and unclipping for a while.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Joined he camber club to....

My Specialized camber expert evo 2015

Official Specialized Camber Thread-dscn1124-m.jpg

Does NOT know it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSOR View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1124-M.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	914298

Nice - congratulations!

mtbr member
    Picked mine up today!! First ride tomorrow morning ~ can't wait!

[QUOTE=RUSOR;11375470]Joined he camber club to....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_3251.jpg  

Ride like you stole it!

2015 Camber Carbon Expert EVO
    2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

Does NOT know it all!
    [QUOTE=mikewadley;11375590]Picked mine up today!! First ride tomorrow morning ~ can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by RUSOR View Post

Nice - congratulations to you too!

Where are you guys getting the 2015's already - my LBS doesn't have any yet.

mtbr member
    My LBS was able to order this week and it came in today.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Holy crap the evo's look sick!!!!!!!

mtbr member

just joined the camber club

First of all just a hello and thanks to all that have posted about the cambers . I have a 2015 evo that i will be collecting next week
    I test rode a 2014 camber comp and loved it but there were no more xl sized bikes left so i had to wait for the 2015 models to hit the floor so its there waiting for me to pick it up this coming week

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    Anyone who owns a 2013 camper comp and still has the stock alixir brakes, can you please take a picture of the rear caliber, I took mine off and im not sure if im puting the bolts in the right place.

thanks
    I will get pic later today.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    I picked up my new 2015 Camber Carbon Expert EVO last night and took it out for the first time this morning. I've been wanting this bike for the last year and after the first ride it definitely didn't disappoint. The bike is light and fast and can really hold it's line. When the trail got rough the Pike made it smooth and easy to ride. I found myself picking more aggressive lines than usual and wanting more. This bike is way beyond my skill level, but what a blast to ride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_3267.jpg  

Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

Does NOT know it all!
    I've been riding my 2014 Camber Comp Carbon for over a month now and I'm very happy with it. My riding buddy has borrowed it a few times and is thinking it's time he moves up from his twenty year old 26" Trek.

Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    Picked mine up today!! First ride tomorrow morning ~ can't wait!

mtbr member
    Does anyone have a camber running 2x10 and if so what parts are you using in the drive train?
    My LBS says its only made on 3x kits and thsts why my new 2x drags the chain on the front derailure.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Does anyone have a camber running 2x10 and if so what parts are you using in the drive train?
    My LBS says its only made on 3x kits and thsts why my new 2x drags the chain on the front derailure.
    Bulls#!+! If it works as a 3x it will work with 2x.

How is your chain dragging? On the bottom of the FD when in a small/small gear combo? If so, that is pretty normal. Do not use the smaller cogs with the small ring.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Yes its dragging with the new smaller rings set on front cranksrt 22/36. Seems like the issue is because the frame mount is high but the 2x FD derailure cage isnt long or low enough.

mtbr member
    They have offered a 2x10 on the camber for years The camber comp 2014 ran a 2x10 and the 2011 camber pro did as well using a x7 front derailleur and s2200 cranks with 38 x 24 chain rings and shimano rear cassette

mtbr member
    Thanks bro I will compare the clearance on that x7 2x FD.

Does NOT know it all!
    My 2014 Camber Comp Carbon came with a 2X10. The Specs are on Specialized website.

mtbr member
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hey, guys! Any of you increased travel of your forks on non-evo cambers? If so, how are the ride characteristics? Did you upgrade the fork, or just extend the travel on the stock fork?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    I upgraded my stock camber fork to a rock shock revelation 120 - 150 dual mode. But I think the limit should probably be 140 millimeter for the cambers Geo... I think 130mm would be the sweet spot as 120mm can seem to short and +140mm raises the HT too much and negatively affects the balance on climbs and in fast tight turns leading to more washouts and less control.
    But on descents I never regret more fork travel so indeed +140 is sweet on the downs.
    That's why I went with my dual mode fork to get the best of both worlds with a switch.
    Last edited by Trail_Blazer; 08-11-2014 at 11:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hi fellow Camberers!

Had my Camber (2013) since November last year. Changed out the OEM wheels for some Arch EX's, with Hope pro 2 hubs, and DT swiss spokes. I'm 6ft2”, 260 lbs (220 KGS), the stock Alex rims weren't enjoying life...Much much better! Stiffer, more responsive, and gives me more confidence!

Next I'm looking to upgrade the OEM forks for a more ridgid set up.

Going to be picking your guys brains....

Well that's me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I think 130mm would be the sweet spot.
    I was thinking the same. What options are around in a 130mm travel fork? It seems like an odd duck in the suspension range. Could the fox float that's on there bow be legged out to get to 130mm?

mtbr member
    There is a 130mm pike I think in 29er format.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    There is a 130mm pike I think in 29er format.
    Off the 2015 Evo I believe?

mtbr member
    The Evo's have a 120mm Pike.

Quote Originally Posted by Errol500 View Post
    Off the 2015 Evo I believe?
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    The pike is adjustable too so if you get a 140mm you can lower it to 130. But I am not sure what the procedure is like.

mtbr member
    What kind of pressure are Clydes running on there stock reba fork? im 240 and can get it dialed in right.
    2016 Scott Scale 710 Plus
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp