Page 54 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3167
    Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    Yeah I got the Carbon model though. Swapping the fork might be more complicated. Would that also raise the overall height of the bike? I might just keep as is. I love the way it handles and I am not rider who goes off of a lot of steep drops.
    It's more like, you'll want more travel, and therefore eventually, you'll be interested in a different kind of bike. The Camber is really great on some days and trails, and I'll feel like it's perfect. Other days, other trails, a different bike, with a more plush, deeper suspension would be great to have. It depends on what you like. Sometimes you don't know what that is, and it takes a long time riding a bike to figure it out. You've got a carbon bike capable of all sorts of things. Ride it for what it is, make it yours, and love the heck out of it.

Then eventually, get a different sort of bike for other kinds of things. But don't try to make the bike into what it isn't.

mtbr member
    Rode my Camber Comp on a certain trail and then was provided the opportunity (test ride) on a Cannondale JEKYLL CARBON 1 on the same trail. Difference in ride, you bet. Worth three times the price, not for that trail. Great bike but I will stick with my Camber since I already own it.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff round two)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Blew out my rear shock last week. Did it on a downhill/uphill dip, not a drop off. Blew out the fluid and lost about 20 lbs of air. The shock became "bouncy". Waiting to hear from LBS/Fox on whether it's covered or not.

Specialized told the LBS to call Fox.
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    It's more like, you'll want more travel, and therefore eventually, you'll be interested in a different kind of bike. The Camber is really great on some days and trails, and I'll feel like it's perfect. Other days, other trails, a different bike, with a more plush, deeper suspension would be great to have. It depends on what you like. Sometimes you don't know what that is, and it takes a long time riding a bike to figure it out. You've got a carbon bike capable of all sorts of things. Ride it for what it is, make it yours, and love the heck out of it.

Then eventually, get a different sort of bike for other kinds of things. But don't try to make the bike into what it isn't.
    I have made mods to all of my bikes to improve performance beyong their intended application. The only thing holding me back is cost. I was going to get a Stumpjumper but I felt slower overall on it. I would rather have a snappier bike than extra travel. I think the 10 mm less of travel probably isnt a big deal after all. You are right, though, it is a capable bike. It is an XC bike with a bit more grit than normal XC bike to handle more technical stuff. My riding buddies are amazing on what I can do on this bike only 6 rides in with it.
    I have already taken a spill on it and just happened to have a camera rolling while I did! haha. I love this bike so far. It's just in a man's DNA to tinker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-wreck.jpg  

mtbr member
    Do you think that $1400 is a good price for a slightly used 2012 Camber 29er? My only concern with these bikes is that they are somewhat heavy (like 31 pounds I believe) but still, $1400 seems like a good price.

mtbr member
    That is a pretty good price. Is it a Comp model, or just base-model Camber with the 3 ring cassette up front? You could put a nice wheelset on there, go tubeless and make some other upgrades to save weight. 31 is pretty normal for an entry full suspension. My Camber Comp Carbon weights about 28.5 with a dropper post but I love the bike and feel faster than my old one.

mtbr member
    The add doesn't say what type of camber it is. Can you tell from the picture? Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanyonTrailJunkie View Post
    The add doesn't say what type of camber it is. Can you tell from the picture? Thanks.
    That is the base model Camber. Not a bad rig. I would think $1400 is a fair price. Specialized Bicycle Components
    Are you looking at any other bikes that are comparable?

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Specialized Bicycle Components

2012 Camber 29. I rented one a couple of Fridays ago just to try out. Nice bike. A bit heavy maybe, but the 2012 is much better as a base model than the 2013... the 2012 had a RS Recon fork (air suspension; better tuning the spring rate) while the 2013 base model has a coil spring fork.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Yeah, the heaviness was the main drawback for me but maybe with tubeless I could shave a pound or so. Other bikes i was looking at were the Scott Spark and the Giant Anthem 29er X4.

mtbr member
    Yeah,I cannot speak for the aluminum frame or the 2012 model. I think under 30 lbs for a full suspension bike is a decent weight. Price goes up dramatically with every pound you lose. My Buddy's Trek Mamba 29er Hard Tail weights almost 32 lbs so I guess that Camber isn't too bad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I don't think it is heavy considering that it is a trail 29'er that reaches an affordable pricepoint. Key upgrades like getting a good fit and upgrading the wheels go a long way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    But the low price Camber 29 from 2012 has a sligthly different frame (same as 2011)
    It's only 100mm of travel and it is build from M4 Alluminium.
    The higher priced models are build from better M5 Alluminum and so are a bit lighter.

Specialized Bicycle Components

I think for 1400$ it's still a good deal...but you should now that you get a different frame.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I will add that my everyday bike is a carbon softtail 26" that weighs less than 26#s. When I rented the Camber 29, my average speed on my trail was the same for both bikes. Despite the Camber being fairly heavy by comparison (the one I rode was 33#s), it was a very capable ride and could loose some weight fairly easily (new wheels, tubeless and even a lighter fork when the 2013 forks get cleared out at online retailers).

"Only" having 100mm of travel isn't a big deal. You won't miss 10mm and you will have an easier time replacing the fork in the future since 100mm is a standard travel... 110 is not standard on any fork.

If I only had $1400 to spend and I could swing a deal on the bike, I would pick it up in a heart beat. It was a real blast to ride.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    It is a decent bike for the $. If you are on the fence, then don't get it. This is a good time of year to hold out for a better bike oppurtunity.

mtbr member
    Do you think that $1400 is a good price for a slightly used 2012 Camber 29er? My only concern with these bikes is that they are somewhat heavy (like 31 pounds I believe) but still, $1400 seems like a good price.
    That's what I paid for the 2012 camber 29er I bought a few weeks ago that was practically brand new. Lots of fun on T100, would like to get up to the BCT.
    I think they are better equipped than the 2013 model

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lastplace29er View Post
    Blew out my rear shock last week. Did it on a downhill/uphill dip, not a drop off. Blew out the fluid and lost about 20 lbs of air. The shock became "bouncy". Waiting to hear from LBS/Fox on whether it's covered or not.

Specialized told the LBS to call Fox.
    on it's way to fox for a rebuild. no charge
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    What does a 2013 camber comp 29er weigh? How is the new Rock Shox rear shock working for you all? I read of a few having issues with the older Rock Shox. How is the Reba for stiffness? Currently I have a Fox float fork and shock and was wondering how the two compare. Giving the camber some thought for a 29er.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Camber Comp Alloy will weigh in around 28.5 for a Large frame. Check this site out for acual weights of the new models. 2013 Specialized Mountain Bikes – Complete Overview & Actual Weights - Bike Rumor

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for the link. I would be needing a size medium. So by the time I put pedals, computer, water cage, then subtract tubeless I should be about 29lbs....about the same as my Fuel EX8. Thanks for the link!!

So anyone on the Rock Shox?
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dee View Post
    Further to the point about rear brake cable rub.

I am thinking of giving this kit a try:

Lizard Skins Leather Chain Stay Protector & 2 Patches | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

Might have to cut down the chainstay protector or use the 2 patches next to each other but I think it should work.
    Further to this I fitted it at the weekend. Seems like it will do the job. I used the full chainstay protector. I heated it first (hairdryer does the trick) so I could get it to shape to the curve of stay nicely.

That left me the 2 patches so one under the down tube on the drivetrain side and the other on my ht.

Job done.

Pics will follow when the rain stops here in the UK!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    does anybody know the weight of the 2012 Camber Comp 29 Wheelset?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor23 View Post
    does anybody know the weight of the 2012 Camber Comp 29 Wheelset?
    I'd also like to know. Getting data on wheels and potential wheels/weight/material/prices/differences can be challenging. Would like to shed some weight from my Comp Carbon 29er eventually.

mtbr member
    Also, who out there has swapped their 36t chainring for a 34t or a 32t on their 29er?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    For those of you with a triad II rear shock. How often do you need to get it serviced? I don't mean just by fox guidelines. Rather in reality.

Page 54 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast