Page 53 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2931
    kdh
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I added clear tape everywhere where I expect rubbing...congrats on the new bike, I am having a blast on mine!
    Klaus

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor23 View Post
    Hi there.

I want to buy a camber 29 comp (2012 or 2013) but I'm not sure with the frame size.
    So far I found no shop with an M in stock. I tried L and it could work, but normally I prefer shorter bikes.And it's an hard decission without testing the other size.

I'm 5'11 (181cm) with an inseam of 34.
    What do you think? What do you ride?

Thanks!
    You are on the large end of a M frame. However, if you feel comfrotable on it than go for it. You might be a little big for it but I have seen way taller people ride smaller frame. The Large will be more comfortable for long rides but that M will be better flicking the bike around.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dee View Post

One question, on a UK site I saw some owners mention that the Camber can have issues with the rear brake hose rubbing on the chainstay and damaging the frame. Anyone had this?

Mine did come with a small, clear tape - a bit like some bikes have a chainstay protector on the drivetrain side. Should that be enough to look after the frame?

I was hoping to add a link to a really tricked out Camber from the UK too but that'll have to wait till my post count is higher evidently!
    I have a 2011 camber comp 26er. I have had it for 6 months and ride it about 50 miles a week. A month ago I discovered that the rear brake hose rubbed through the protective film and through the paint on the rear suspension arm. Now I have a nice shiny bare metal spot about an inch long. However, the brake hose appears to be completely undamaged. I tried loosening the zip ties and moving the hose around to prevent contact in that area. So far it seems to have helped.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I am thinking of getting a neoprene chainstay protector, like the Lizard Skins one I run on my HT, then cut it to shape for protecting the frame on the brake hose then.

@ kdh - did you fit the command post? If so, how are you getting on with it?

kdh
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I fitted the command post. I have one on my Santa Cruz too and love it, zero issues in 2,5 years...I like the bulkier look of the older model better, but the Blacklite seems to work as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks.
    I am aiming for the blacklite and then replace qr seat clamp with bolted version.

Normally I am not a lock on grip fan but kept them as the lever integrates so well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    You are on the large end of a M frame. However, if you feel comfrotable on it than go for it. You might be a little big for it but I have seen way taller people ride smaller frame. The Large will be more comfortable for long rides but that M will be better flicking the bike around.
    I am 5-11 and I ride a lg with a 70mm stem, perfect fit.
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

mtbr member
    Thanks.
    I am aiming for the blacklite and then replace qr seat clamp with bolted version.

Normally I am not a lock on grip fan but kept them as the lever integrates so well.
    Oury grips are the best! On all my bikes!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am usually a fan of Odi grips. Have attacks on my old rigid singlespeed and subliminals on the steel ht.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    As I now have enough posts here is that link to one tricked out Camber:

First Look: Danny's custom Camber - MBR | MBR

mtbr member
    Good looking bike. Did it say what the final cost was of the build?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    Good looking bike. Did it say what the final cost was of the build?
    Unfortunately not. The owner did say that the paintjob was a custom one off by Spesh for him but sadly no follow article in either the mag or online.

Although the mag did have the Camber Expert in the 'Bike of the Year' test so I can't complain there lol!

kdh
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Super Dee,
    I replaced the clamp with a bolted one too- I bought a 34,9mm clamp due to the manual and fact sheet on the hp just to find out that the bike is actually fitted with a 35,0mm clamp...fixed it with a Salsa clamp with bolt.
    Klaus

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks Klaus, that is useful.

It reminds me when I thought of buying a qr seat clamp for my ht. I ordered the size according to a spec pdf I found online. It was only when I went to fit it did I spot the original clamp had a size stamped underneath it. Sure enough it was a different size to the one I ordered too.

Btw, are you in the UK?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have basically decided on a Specialized Camber 29 for my first FS bike.
    The shop in my town has no X-large or XX-large on stock. I am 202 cm, 6 feet 7 and lean stature.
    I am thinking of getting the X-large frame. However, I have no way of test riding the bike first. So maybe some of you people can guide me, should I get X-large (I think) or XX-large?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    What are you on the Spesh size guide?

I have found that to be very accurate. Although there is no substitute for actually sitting on the bike of course.

Any riders on here local enough to you that could let you sit on their bike to try it for size?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Further to the point about rear brake cable rub.

I am thinking of giving this kit a try:

Lizard Skins Leather Chain Stay Protector & 2 Patches | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

Might have to cut down the chainstay protector or use the 2 patches next to each other but I think it should work.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    What are you on the Spesh size guide?

I have found that to be very accurate. Although there is no substitute for actually sitting on the bike of course.

Any riders on here local enough to you that could let you sit on their bike to try it for size?
    Hi Super Dee,

According to the sizing chart, I should get an XX-Large frame. But the website (official) itself only states sizes up to X-Large. I guess they don't produce XX-Large frames for the normal Camber (cheapest version).
    Also, living in Hong Kong, bike supply especially in oversized frames is rare.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Well... Rear shock is officially blown now. Didn't last long. Ordering fox van rc coil next week

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Sitting on an M Camber felt immediately right, so I got myself a 2012 Camber Comp 29.

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen
    Bilder oder Fotos hochladen
    Last edited by Skeletor23; 11-26-2012 at 04:53 AM.

mtbr member
    I love my Camber, but I wonder that maybe one day I might want a bit more travel than the 110 mm I have now. Are there any good upgrade options available for the carbon model that will give me more travel, maintain it's handling characteristics without voiding the frame warranty?

Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    I love my Camber, but I wonder that maybe one day I might want a bit more travel than the 110 mm I have now. Are there any good upgrade options available for the carbon model that will give me more travel, maintain it's handling characteristics without voiding the frame warranty?
    You'll want more travel. I do. I'm going to throw a 120mm fork up front at some point, but you can't change it all that much from what it is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    You'll want more travel. I do. I'm going to throw a 120mm fork up front at some point, but you can't change it all that much from what it is.
    Yeah, I am guessing 120 might be only option. Might be expensive as heck and might void my lifetime frame warranty so maybe it is not possible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can gat a longer shock for the base model camber 29er.
    The more expensive ones have longer rear travel, I would imagine it's the same frame.

mtbr member
    Yeah I got the Carbon model though. Swapping the fork might be more complicated. Would that also raise the overall height of the bike? I might just keep as is. I love the way it handles and I am not rider who goes off of a lot of steep drops.

Page 53 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 ... LastLast