Page 52 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2976
    mtbr member
    I like the fast trak on the back but it slide out a couple times up front, even with 25psi 2bliss. Might of had something to do with all the leaves on the trail !!
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I use it in the rear tubliss

mtbr member
    yea, me too!
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

mtbr member
    This is my new 2013 Camber Comp Carbon right before I took it out of the showroom. Taken it on about 5 rides so far. Hopefully I can get one or two more in before snow settles in. Love the bike. I do plan on swapping the big ring to a 34 tooth since I would primarily like to be in the larger ring, even on climbs. Gonna go tubeless next week and hopefully shave a half pound or so off of it. I got refurbished Kronolog dropper post thrown in for $80 so that adds about a pound to it, but I think having a dropper will make you faster in the end. Playing around with wheel upgrades,cassette upgrades and such but my pocketbook must recover first. Oh yeah, I did a YouTube review of my bike for anyone interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sup...o&feature=plcp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-2012-10-30_17-54-51_278.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Beautiful bike!

Competent User
    I can't seem to find specs for the bottom bracket on my 2012 Camber 29. It's the older frame, with the non-tapered head tube.

I'm looking into upgrading the cranks, and I can't tell what I need in terms of the BB. Can anyone confirm the size/type for me? I assume it's fairly standard.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    I can't seem to find specs for the bottom bracket on my 2012 Camber 29. It's the older frame, with the non-tapered head tube.

I'm looking into upgrading the cranks, and I can't tell what I need in terms of the BB. Can anyone confirm the size/type for me? I assume it's fairly standard.
    Full specs on the Camber 29:

Specialized Bicycle Components

Says shimano octalink spline cartridge bearing 73mm

Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    Full specs on the Camber 29:

Specialized Bicycle Components

Says shimano octalink spline cartridge bearing 73mm
    I swear that page was gone the last time I checked, after they rebuilt the specialized site. And of course now it's back, and I look like a moron.

Either way, that was the info I wanted, and thanks for the help.

The Original Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    Converting my stock Captains to 2bliss Ground Control and Fast Trak 2.1 and 2.2 respectively. I am not sure what the stock wire bead Captains weigh, but I am sure the switch will drop some weight.
    Well after the the Gorilla tape ghetto conversion I dropped .8 lbs combined. Not bad! Should get to test them out tomorrow. Will update!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    The stock tires are heeeavy

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    This is my new 2013 Camber Comp Carbon right before I took it out of the showroom. Taken it on about 5 rides so far. Hopefully I can get one or two more in before snow settles in. Love the bike. I do plan on swapping the big ring to a 34 tooth since I would primarily like to be in the larger ring, even on climbs. Gonna go tubeless next week and hopefully shave a half pound or so off of it. I got refurbished Kronolog dropper post thrown in for $80 so that adds about a pound to it, but I think having a dropper will make you faster in the end. Playing around with wheel upgrades,cassette upgrades and such but my pocketbook must recover first. Oh yeah, I did a YouTube review of my bike for anyone interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sup...o&feature=plcp
    Dam that seatpost is mighty high. What size is that? Looks like a medium. How high (inches) is your seatpost currently?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    Dam that seatpost is mighty high. What size is that? Looks like a medium. How high (inches) is your seatpost currently?
    That was taken on the showroom floor, Stumpynerd. I have a dropper post on it now but I do like sit very high while climbing. Probably around that height in the pic (I had test ridden it minutes before). I ride a Medium. I am 5'10.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    That was taken on the showroom floor, Stumpynerd. I have a dropper post on it now but I do like sit very high while climbing. Probably around that height in the pic (I had test ridden it minutes before). I ride a Medium. I am 5'10.
    Gotcha, just looked odd to me. 5ft10 sounds about right for a medium. Whats ur inseam?

mtbr member
    Gotcha, just looked odd to me. 5ft10 sounds about right for a medium. Whats ur inseam?
    I think I have 31 inseam but not too sure. I am always struggling with correct seat height so I bought refurbished Kronolog that you can see in my video review (see link in my original post). It is a good bike, I am coming off of a Stumpjumper so the cockpit feels a bit different but I love the bike. Just went Tubeless now my wheels weigh less than that of my 26er!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I hear good things about dropper posts except for their reliability problems. Its seems like I would get smacked in the balls when it goes up to xc height.

For seatpost height I try to find a happy medium and just leave it there. When my seatpost is set right I can ride just about everything even down death crotch without touching the seatpost.

mtbr member
    I've had a ks i950r on my other bike for a few years now without a single problem.
    Absolutely love it.
    I have heard problems with other brands, but the kind shocks seem to be very reliable.

On another note, I have 9" of exposed seatpost on my Camber 29er, and can't wait for my dropper post to arrive early next week.

mtbr member
    I hear good things about dropper posts except for their reliability problems. Its seems like I would get smacked in the balls when it goes up to xc height.

For seatpost height I try to find a happy medium and just leave it there. When my seatpost is set right I can ride just about everything even down death crotch without touching the seatpost.
    Having a dropper post has it's up and it's downs (no pun intended). You pay a weigh penalty (1 lb or so), there are reliability issues as well. However, my trails have lots of elevation changes. Sometimes you will fly down white-knuckled-hill and at the bottom you will be greated with ANOTHER big hill to climb. The dropper post gives me the option to throw up the seat post and pedal out efficiently.
    I think it has sped up my riding speed inspite of the actual weight. Normally I would have to dismount to lower my seat right before a super technical section. Now I am finding I can do these large circuits without even stopping.
    I love having a dropper but I do worry about the reliability. My Kronolog was only $80 because it was refrubished. $300 seems steep for a new one.

mtbr member
    i have a camber pro 29 [the root beer brown and white one] ... i find that the seat post slips down when riding it lately ... has anyone else had this issue? how did you fix it?

basically the bike is an XL model and is bog standard, i am around 105kg [230lbs?] ... i have cleaned the inside of seat tube and the seat post and it slipped down from 2 to 1.5 on the road ride home last night ... i have tried to tighten the seat post clamp a little more but am worried i will destroy it like i did to my GT Peace a couple of years ago [a whole different issue] ...

other than lose a bit of weight, i might need to go to something like the woodsman or surly constrictor clamp???
    "old enough to know better. too old to care."

mtbr member
    Maybe you cleaned it to well.
    I weight more than you and haven't had that type of problem.
    Is there any of the white 'grip paste' left on the seatpost or in the tube? I would put a little of that in before getting a different clamp.
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hi there.

I want to buy a camber 29 comp (2012 or 2013) but I'm not sure with the frame size.
    So far I found no shop with an M in stock. I tried L and it could work, but normally I prefer shorter bikes.And it's an hard decission without testing the other size.

I'm 5'11 (181cm) with an inseam of 34.
    What do you think? What do you ride?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I'm 5ft 9.5in and plan to get a medium Camber.
    Best if you can try both sizes - tough choice - especially if you feel between sizes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Try putting some carbon paste on the post after cleaning cleaning it thoroughly. If this doesn't quite do it for you then consider a new seat post clamp.

kdh
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Skeletor,
    I think that with a 34'' inseam the medium will not fit- the 2013 comp (alu) has a seat tube lenght of 43cm.
    The 2013 alu model has a slightly shorter top tube too- so if I were you I would try the 2013 in L.

Btw I am 5' 9,5'' and tested the 2012 in M and L and sat on the 2013 alu in L.
    I would have bought the 2012 in M and the 2013 in L...got me a 26' Expert in the end- in M.

Cheers,
    Klaus

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kdh View Post
    Skeletor,
    I think that with a 34'' inseam the medium will not fit- the 2013 comp (alu) has a seat tube lenght of 43cm.
    The 2013 alu model has a slightly shorter top tube too- so if I were you I would try the 2013 in L.

Btw I am 5' 9,5'' and tested the 2012 in M and L and sat on the 2013 alu in L.
    I would have bought the 2012 in M and the 2013 in L...got me a 26' Expert in the end- in M.

Cheers,
    Klaus
    Thanks, didn't know that there's a slight change in geometry in 2013.
    But although the top tube length is a little bit shorter in 2013, the reach is grown.
    Need to get a test ride in M I guess

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi all

A Camber Expert owner from the UK here. It looks like the one kdh posted on page 47 (sorry I only have one pretty poor picture at the mo) although mine has black forks. It's an M5 frame/26er 2012 model.

Although mtbing since '86 its my first FS. Still got a steel HT but as I am getting older my body is crying out for some FS help!

I spotted the Camber Elite first when on holiday in Europe last summer and really liked the look so started looking for one when I got back to the UK. I had seen it in a magazine test but didn't speak the language so only got its spec/model.

When I then found out the differences the Expert came with and the fact that it was last chance to grab a 26er (which suits my trails better imho) I thought 'go for it'! In the end I got a stonking deal. I went to visit my father and he took me to his lbs and they did a great deal on the Expert.

A few rides on and I love it. I haven't changed anything yet, which is seriously unusual for me! I added a zee cage and put on a set of my fav pedals (wellgo Mg1) and that is it. Normally a Charge Spoon saddle would get added but I like the henge enough that it has stayed put.

I will, at some stage, add a Command post (I needed to chop a bit off the stock post to drop it low enough at times).

One question, on a UK site I saw some owners mention that the Camber can have issues with the rear brake hose rubbing on the chainstay and damaging the frame. Anyone had this?

Mine did come with a small, clear tape - a bit like some bikes have a chainstay protector on the drivetrain side. Should that be enough to look after the frame?

I was hoping to add a link to a really tricked out Camber from the UK too but that'll have to wait till my post count is higher evidently!

Page 52 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 ... LastLast