Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 4369
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjim57 View Post
    The rotors (ice tech) come in at least 2 if not three different levels. Do you know which ones you put on? Did they make a "real" difference? Or was the bike shop selling you something you really didn't need?
    SM RT86 is stamped on them, but i'm not sure what level they are. The difference is huge. I'm not sure if the new rotors were necessary but I figured I would change the whole system out. I cant really tell you if the difference is because of the rotors, pads, caliper or lever, but I can say the overall difference is huge. Way better brake feel (less on/off like the c1's) and the lever feel is infinitely better. And so far they have not tried to vibrate my teeth loose

I was thinking about turning my formula rotor into a clock. It would make a cool accessory for my office I think

mtbr member
    Weight is the main difference. From what I have read.
    2016 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 (27.5)
    2013 Specialized Camber Carbon
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I haven't been around much recently, so don't recall what the last pic / spec I posed about with my Camber Expert 26er.

Anyway, it now has a Thomson seat collar on there plus a RaceFace Chester 50mm stem and some Renthal Fatbar lite's (740mm width and 30mm rise). Other stuff I have mentioned before but will say again, zee cage, lizard skin patches/protector to avoid rear brake cable rub, spesh xc lock on grips, nukeproof electron pedals and charge spoon saddle.

Last edited by Super Dee; 05-23-2014 at 08:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    nice bike! In that bottom picture there is a stick behind your rear wheel that gives the illusion that your chain takes a sharp angle towards the cassette. It took me a second to figure out what was going on....I was looking for some sort of weird chain dangler LOL

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I see what you mean lol, I hadn't noticed before!

Thanks for the comment on the bike BTW.
    Fast bike = Carve Expert 29er
    Fun bike = Camber Expert 26er

mtbr member
    Its been awhile since my last picture update but I have added a WTB Pure V seat, VP flat pedals,Supacaz grips (Neon Green) and just this week Raceface 32t green front spocket, after one ride I really like the 1X10 set up, and since the bike already has the type 2 rear derailleur on it the change over was pretty cheap. Anyways here she is on the stand.
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_0840.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Has anyone tried, how Camber (26") works together with 140 or 150mm in the front?

The bottom bracket is pretty low with my current 120mm Reba. I guess any 140mm fork shouldn't be a problem...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnorchl View Post
    Has anyone tried, how Camber (26") works together with 140 or 150mm in the front?

The bottom bracket is pretty low with my current 120mm Reba. I guess any 140mm fork shouldn't be a problem...
    I've read of people doing this on UK forums. So it can be done.
    Fast bike = Carve Expert 29er
    Fun bike = Camber Expert 26er

mtbr member

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Dont let your shop see your bike i you do that because you will loose the warranty of your frame. According to Specialized 10% rule you are allowed to go with a 132mm fork. 140 makes you loose the warranty.

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Camber Thread

I just swapped out my stock 720mm bars for a 700mm CF bar. I saved a 179 grams and the difference is noticeable. One thing I was concerned about was that I'd loose a little stability but really haven't noticed any loss. I have noticed better steering.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I have a 2013 Camber Comp size medium. I switched out brakes for Shimano XT vented and kept the stock rotors. They work great. Those with the Thomson 90mm 0 degree stem and Thomson Carbon flat bar really make the bike feel faster. Puts me closer to the feel of my Stumpjumper hard tail. Made it handle quicker.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Here's a pic.

Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jammin View Post
    Here's my 1x10 using a wolfs tooth components 30 tooth ring. I have 450 miles on my setup and it works great, Haven't missed my little ring yet either.

Attachment 844680
    Just ordered a WT 30T. How much did you shorten the chain?
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    I cracked the chainstay on my 2013 Camber Comp and Specialized sent me a new 2014 frame under warranty. Then when the XX1 crankset didn't fit the new bottom bracket on the 2014 frame, they sent out a new XX1 crankset. I think this is going above and beyond for customer service. I'm sure part of this is my LBS but I can't say enough good thinks about both for exceeding my expectations. Since I will have basically a new bike when they are done, I decided I needed to add some Roval Control SL carbon wheels. Can't wait to get it on the trail later this week and see how it performs.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Camber Carbon Expert EVO
    2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

The Boat or The Bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    I cracked the chainstay on my 2013 Camber Comp and Specialized sent me a new 2014 frame under warranty. Then when the XX1 crankset didn't fit the new bottom bracket on the 2014 frame, they sent out a new XX1 crankset. I think this is going above and beyond for customer service. I'm sure part of this is my LBS but I can't say enough good thinks about both for exceeding my expectations. Since I will have basically a new bike when they are done, I decided I needed to add some Roval Control SL carbon wheels. Can't wait to get it on the trail later this week and see how it performs.
    That is a heck of a deal! Nice call on the Roval carbons, I bet that will really wake up the 'ol Camber and make her really ride!
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by CLB_IV View Post
    I have a 2013 Camber Comp size medium. I switched out brakes for Shimano XT vented and kept the stock rotors. They work great. Those with the Thomson 90mm 0 degree stem and Thomson Carbon flat bar really make the bike feel faster. Puts me closer to the feel of my Stumpjumper hard tail. Made it handle quicker.
    How wide is your bar?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hi,

I have a 2014 Camber M size and I would like to know what is the maximum insertion length of the saddle post.

My problem is that my seat post sold with my Camber is a Command Post IR and I cannot put my seat post beyond the scale 4. I would like to put it at 2.
    I would like to put my seatpost minimum.

Could you test it on your Camber and let me know what is the maximum insertion length of your saddle post.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    I decided I needed to add some Roval Control SL carbon wheels. Can't wait to get it on the trail later this week and see how it performs.
    What is the weight limit on those?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    I think my LBS told me 240lbs. Which is a bummer for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Trails View Post
    I think my LBS told me 240lbs. Which is a bummer for me.

Im sure it will hold more, that 240 is to just save there butts.

mtbr member

Im sure it will hold more, that 240 is to just save there butts.
    I'm sure. My summertime weight is 235lbs with gear puts me above the 240 mark so I figured I'd better not chance it.

mtbr member
    According to their website its 240lbs. Geared up I'm around 230 but my LBS said they are running them on downhill bikes and giving them a beating with no issue. I was told if I had any problem they would back them up. Based on my experience, I have no trouble taking the risk for the huge benefit.

Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Guys,
    I really like my new Camber a lot. But, because I do ride some faster, gnarlier stuff downhill from time to time, I would wish for a bit more travel and plushness in the front.
    What I don't like to do is to sacrifice too much of the bike's nimble feel and responsiveness. I would increase by 10mm to 120. Question to those who have ridden both 110 and 120 on the Camber: does the feel change a lot with this 'only one cm'? For the good or for the worse? Recommendations?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    my camber, new version
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-mzlszltu_j0.jpg
    Specialized Camber 2012 L
    Marzocchi 44 LR Switch TA 120/150mm
    Hope XC 90mm
    Sixpack Millenium 785mm
    Hope SL Grips
    Shimano XT M780 170mm
    Hope Retainer Chain ring 34t
    Hope Bash guard
    Hope BB
    Shimano XT M780 pedals
    Shimano XT M771 11-36
    KMC X10 SL
    Shimano XTR M986
    Shimano XTR M980
    Specialized Henge
    Specialized Command Post Blacklight 125mm
    Specialized clamp
    Hope Tech 3 E4 183/160mm
    Hope Pro 2, DT Champion, Inferno 27, WTB Nano Race
    Hope Pro 2 Evo, DT Champion, Inferno 27, WTB Nano Race
    Last edited by enjoimilk; 06-01-2014 at 03:23 AM.

mtbr member
    I made the change and there was a little difference. I would say worth the $80 to have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone0207 View Post
    Guys,
    I really like my new Camber a lot. But, because I do ride some faster, gnarlier stuff downhill from time to time, I would wish for a bit more travel and plushness in the front.
    What I don't like to do is to sacrifice too much of the bike's nimble feel and responsiveness. I would increase by 10mm to 120. Question to those who have ridden both 110 and 120 on the Camber: does the feel change a lot with this 'only one cm'? For the good or for the worse? Recommendations?
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    Rode tonight and all I can saw is WOW, what a difference.

According to their website its 240lbs. Geared up I'm around 230 but my LBS said they are running them on downhill bikes and giving them a beating with no issue. I was told if I had any problem they would back them up. Based on my experience, I have no trouble taking the risk for the huge benefit.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    I second that on my float evolution 29

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    2014 Norco range 7.1. Avalanche F34 RP23 with push Factory tune by suspensionwerx.

mtbr member
    2014 Camber Comp with a few upgrades ~ light and fast
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_2931.jpg  

Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Upgraded to 10 x 1 with Wolf's Tooth T30 chain ring. Pulled off about a pound of rings, cables and shifters. It's a sweet simple set up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by lastplace29er; 06-02-2014 at 04:42 AM.
    KHS Fleetwood

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by molopoko View Post
    Dont let your shop see your bike if you do that because you will loose the warranty of your frame. According to Specialized 10% rule you are allowed to go with a 132mm fork. 140 makes you loose the warranty.
    Well, this is definitely a good point. Loosing warranty would be kind of stupid. (Actually, I should rather check out tech.specs for recommended length of the fork, because 120mm forks might differ by each brand).

Anyway, I made a decision to go into a 140mm fork. Also thanks for the picture of Camber with Marzocchi 44 with 120/150mm. Great!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastplace29er View Post
    Upgraded to 10 x 1 with Wolf's Tooth T30 chain ring. Pulled off about a pound of rings, cables and shifters. It's a sweet simple set up.
    I am interested in doing this as well. Could you better explain what you did ? I guess you didn't mess with the cassette gearing ?(my cassette-SRAM PG-1050, 10-speed, 11-36) I want to do this on my 2X10 . I find I usually stay on the 38T upper ring( 38/24T rings)
    2014 YETI SB95C , KS LEV seat post,Nextie Carbon Wheelset/Hope Hubs/27lbs
    Framed Alaskan Carbon X1 /26lbs/Nextie Hoops.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    90% of my riding was on the 36t chain ring, often cross chaining to the cassette. Converting to a 30t up front reduced cross chaining and gives me two more large cassette rings to use. Removing rings, bolts, cable and shifter took about a pound off the bike.

Pretty simple process, remove chain, remove cranks, remove front shifter parts, remove old CR and attach the WT 30t with new 10mm bolts, I shorten chain by 4 links. Replaced old power link with new one. Removing the chain without proper tools can be a PITA. Also inspect chain flow through the rear derailleur before removing. No cassette adjustments were made.

I was having problems with the front cable scaring the bottom bracket.
    KHS Fleetwood

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Evening fellow Camberers.

I need to replace the headset on my 2012 Elite 26er but I'm not sure what size I need.

I can't measure it or take it to the LBS as its at a relatives place at the moment and I won't have time to sort it before going on a trip next week.

Can anyone fill me in with the details? I know it needs an intergrated 1 1/8" for a straight steerer but there's so many different types I'd rather not get it wrong.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjim57 View Post
    I have a question, are you also going to replace the rotors or give the stock one a go to see what happens?
    I didn't replace the Formula rotors. The XTs, now fitted, seem to work fine with them. I did need to fiddle a bit initially with the free play screw that the XTs have (which increase the clearance around the rotors) but in the end there wasn't much in it.

Gee those XTs are an improvement. As ever, can't fault the shozas.

BTW, as I previously had Mixmasters, and hence no trigger mounts, I used the new Problem Solver Mismatch 1.1 brackets to direct mount the SRAM triggers to the XT I-Spec B levers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jnicosia View Post
    I am interested in doing this as well. Could you better explain what you did ? I guess you didn't mess with the cassette gearing ?(my cassette-SRAM PG-1050, 10-speed, 11-36) I want to do this on my 2X10 . I find I usually stay on the 38T upper ring( 38/24T rings)
    I just did this on my camber comp, it was so simple and way worth it, all you need to do is buy the WT sprocket I went with 32t and install it onto your crank, take off front derailleur,cable,levers. also make sure you adjust the chain to the right length. Also make sure your rear derailleur is a type 2 the one that comes on a 2013 camber comp is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Considering the 14 Comp. Any feedaback on the XC30 Gold fork would be great, Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneLOcust View Post
    Here My 2014 Camber EVO

Attachment 875130Attachment 875131
    ToneLOcust, Where did you get the blue stem and pedals?

Does NOT know it all!
    I'm leaning towards a Camber Comp Carbon and I read on here the Carbon sizing is different than the aluminum frame Camber Comp. Does anyone have a CCC that's 6'? What size did you get?

mtbr member
    At 6' tall XL will fit. I'm 6'3"ish and have been riding the CCC XL since last Nov.

Does NOT know it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Trails View Post
    At 6' tall XL will fit. I'm 6'3"ish and have been riding the CCC XL since last Nov.
    You think the Large would be too small for 6'?

They don't have any at my local bike shop, but the young sales guy was saying "you're a Large" - but I'm not sure he really knew.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Large. I'm 5'11 and I almost prefer medium over the large.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Does NOT know it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Large. I'm 5'11 and I almost prefer medium over the large.

Are you riding a Carbon?

I read on here that may make a difference.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Older models it did. New models no. 13 or 14 large. Even at that the first gen carbons would still be a large. Check the Specialized web site for geometry. There is a reason the dealer told you large. Ride before you buy and you will know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matuchi View Post
    You think the Large would be too small for 6'?

They don't have any at my local bike shop, but the young sales guy was saying "you're a Large" - but I'm not sure he really knew.
    I went from a 2012 Camber 29er to the 2014 CCC, both XL. The geometry of the 2012 is quite a bit different then the 2014 models, and makes the 2014 feel small in comparison, or the more appropriately make the 2012 feel huge. I swapped the 110mm stem on my 2012 to 80mm to get more dialed in to fit. The 2014 came with 105 and it feels perfect. You could probably get way with a Large, and just slide the set back on the post. Also I'm kind of short waisted with long legs and monkey arms to match, to you might consider you own body type in comparison.

On a side note I really like the geometry on the 2014, it feels a lot more nimble.

Does NOT know it all!
    I guess I'll have to ask my LBS to get both the L and XL in for me to demo. I'd hate to buy it and then find out I don't like it because it's too big or too small. My first three cars cost less than this bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    at 6' the large is good for me. the xl is way too big. i could probably ride a M. assuming the sizing is the same across the entire camber line, which flash suggests is true.

mtbr member
    I would be riding the medium and large. I am between 511 and 6. Some days a medium would be great. I am looking to ride some mediums to see if 2012 camber carbon in large is still the best for me.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    2014 Norco range 7.1. Avalanche F34 RP23 with push Factory tune by suspensionwerx.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Help, I need brake advice. I popped my rear pads out to check them and by mistake hit the brake lever. I finally got the pads back in but the wheel will hardy spin.

How do I get the caliper right again?
    KHS Fleetwood

mtbr member
    I'm 6' and before buying my Camber Comp, I tested both a L and XL. Just riding on the pavement around the store, the XL felt fine and seemed to fit. After riding on the trail, the XL was way too big and made it more difficult to ride on technical sections. I ended up buying the large and then shortening the stem to make it more comfortable and allow me more control.

Quote Originally Posted by mbmtb View Post
    at 6' the large is good for me. the xl is way too big. i could probably ride a M. assuming the sizing is the same across the entire camber line, which flash suggests is true.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp