Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,400 of 4376
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi brocelif,
    what size is that frame? Any more details? I really interested in this bike but can't get to demo it in Ireland.
    Thanks.

mtbr member

2014 Specialized S Works Camber 29er

Here is my new Camber. What a scream, really fast bike, nimble and supple. It really is a good climber, the bike is very light. The guy told me it was 23lbs out the box but I think it was closer to 24. With the pedals and all it weighed in around the 26 mark.
    I changed the Formula T1 brakes for Hope Tech 3 E4s with red rotors and braided hydraulic cabling.
    I',m loving the SRAM XX1 1 x 11 chain set. No chain guide and very quiet, all the gears you need and so much lighter than a 2 x 10 set up. I think the omission of the front derailleur is a real game changer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-0l4c4010.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-0l4c4009.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-0l4c4006.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-0l4c4005.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-0l4c4004.jpg  

1993 Specialized Rock Hopper
    2014 S Works Camber 29er

mtbr member

2014 Specialized S Works Camber 29er

A couple of more shots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-0l4c4011.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-0l4c4012.jpg  

2014 S Works Camber 29er

mtbr member
    The SWorks is super sweet. Specialized has really hit the right note for a great do - all trail bike. Even though the travel is only 110 mm when the current trend is to go closer to 130 mm the bike is more than adequate for most of the trails and riders out there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by postmaster-general View Post
    Here is my new Camber. What a scream, really fast bike, nimble and supple. It really is a good climber, the bike is very light. The guy told me it was 23lbs out the box but I think it was closer to 24. With the pedals and all it weighed in around the 26 mark.
    I changed the Formula T1 brakes for Hope Tech 3 E4s with red rotors and braided hydraulic cabling.
    I',m loving the SRAM XX1 1 x 11 chain set. No chain guide and very quiet, all the gears you need and so much lighter than a 2 x 10 set up. I think the omission of the front derailleur is a real game changer.
    Dude,the bike is sick but that wannabe saddle pouch is
    Roadie DNA,mtbike curious.

mtbr member
    Still waiting to see one in person but that is SWEET!!!
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Camber Carbon Expert EVO
    2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

DFMBA.org
    A couple of more shots
    That's filthy!! Very nice. Not sure you're gonna get much longevity on that saddle bag the way it's hanging there. Hard to have a saddlebag with a dropper post.

BTW, these SRAM locking foam grips would complement that bike nicely:

Official Specialized Camber Thread-sram_acc_lockgrip_contrfoam.jpg
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Ok, I get the picture, the saddle bag needs to go........it's a no no with such a sick bike...........blame the Spesh staff for that one lol. Here is a small video, apologies for the crap quality, done with phone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWCbMfsKeRE
    2014 S Works Camber 29er

mtbr member
    A couple of more shots
    Thats what my Camber wants to be when it grows up. :-)

Nice ride!
    DaveH
    '13 Specialized Camber
    '13 9:ZERO:7
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Been killing a little time in these forums lately, and this is the thread I've been looking for. I'm in the process of buying a pair of bikes from my local specialized dealer. A hardtail 29er for my wife (Myka something or other for $800), and a Camber for myself. Specifics about my bike will be:
    2012 model camber elite with the 26" wheels.
    Seems like a solid bike, and it's brand new, but the 2012 model. Feels like I'm getting a nice deal, but I want to be sure. I'll tell y'all the price I agreed to, but before I do I'm curious what you think is fair?
    If I'm getting a deal, then I'll give the lbs a big "thank-you". If I'm paying more than I should then I'll try to get em to throw in a few extras when it comes time to actually pick it up and pay for it next week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    Been killing a little time in these forums lately, and this is the thread I've been looking for. I'm in the process of buying a pair of bikes from my local specialized dealer. A hardtail 29er for my wife (Myka something or other for $800), and a Camber for myself. Specifics about my bike will be:
    Seems like a solid bike, and it's brand new, but the 2012 model. Feels like I'm getting a nice deal, but I want to be sure. I'll tell y'all the price I agreed to, but before I do I'm curious what you think is fair?
    If I'm getting a deal, then I'll give the lbs a big "thank-you". If I'm paying more than I should then I'll try to get em to throw in a few extras when it comes time to actually pick it up and pay for it next week.
    I had several friends that had 26" bikes including the Camber. They have all upgraded to a 29er since they couldn't keep up with the rest of us. Specialized didn't drop the 26" wheels on their non-downhill bikes for no reason, the 29ers are just better. Spend the extra money and get a 29er and you won't be disappointed.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    I had several friends that had 26" bikes including the Camber. They have all upgraded to a 29er since they couldn't keep up with the rest of us. Specialized didn't drop the 26" wheels on their non-downhill bikes for no reason, the 29ers are just better. Spend the extra money and get a 29er and you won't be disappointed.
    I appreciate that, and I am indeed looking for buying advice. But, isn't it all relative to price? I rode 26" bikes years ago and never had complaints, so I'm not tooooo concerned about it. I'd like the 29's (probably), but if the deal is killer, wouldn't the 26" be worth it?

mtbr member
    I appreciate that, and I am indeed looking for buying advice. But, isn't it all relative to price? I rode 26" bikes years ago and never had complaints, so I'm not tooooo concerned about it. I'd like the 29's (probably), but if the deal is killer, wouldn't the 26" be worth it?
    If you ask my riding buddy that bought a 26" Camber last year because it was a great deal, he would tell you no. He ended up selling it and loosing money just to upgrade. His riding was significantly better on his first ride, especially in the flowing sections of the trail where he could now carry his speed and momentum making him much faster.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

If you ask my riding buddy that bought a 26" Camber last year because it was a great deal, he would tell you no. He ended up selling it and loosing money just to upgrade. His riding was significantly better on his first ride, especially in the flowing sections of the trail where he could now carry his speed and momentum making him much faster.
    Thanks mike. I do appreciate the advice.

mtbr member
    Thanks mike. I do appreciate the advice.
    No problem, I love my Camber so I can highly recommend buying one. Good luck.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    It looks like the 2012 Elite went for $2200 MSRP when it was new. The 2013 Comp went for $2600 MSRP. I know (I have seen it with my own eyes at my LBS) the 2013 Comp can be had for $2099 right now. If that were within your budget (even stretching a bit), I would not even consider the 2012. The rear end is completely different. The Comp is MUCH better spec'd as well.

According to the price lists of my 2 LBS's for pre-2014 bikes:

A 2013 Camber comp lists for $2099.
    A 2013 Camber (base model) lists for $1699

That said, I would think a price of $1400 would maybe be low enough to sway me away from the new deisgn frame and the 29" wheels it comes with... even then... I would never give up my Camber Comp and I paid $2400 in Dec 2012.
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0
    1999 Trek STP200 (the commuter)

Competent User

My 2012 camber 29 didn't have a lot of things I've learned to expect on a modern bike, like tapered Head tube, 10 speed components, and thru axles. If I was buying a bike without those, I'd want a hell of a deal. $1200. You're gonna have that much more of a harder time getting upgrade and replacement parts because of it.

That's my experience. Yours may differ.

occ member
    Love my 2011 26" Camber pro! I think it retailed for around $3000. I got mine in 2012 from a shop employee for $1600.

I haven't tried the 29" Camber,so I can't compare the two. I did pick up a 29" Monocog recently and am not sold on the wheel size.

I'd highly recommend test riding to determine which one is best for you,if you have the opportunity.

mtbr member

2013 Camber Comp

Hi guys, this is my 2013 Camber Comp 29er after a muddy ride in Johor, Malaysia.

Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber29er-480x640-.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Thanks for the advice guys, I told you I'd let you know, so the price I'm looking at right now for that 2012 camber elite 26" is $1,300.
    I'll spend a little time pedaling it before finalizing the deal. Maybe I can get the shop to throw in the clipless pedals I've been looking at.

The Boat or The Bike?
    If you don't tell anyone, I got my 2013 Camber Comp for $1800 at the end of October a few months back. I LOVE it. AND it's spec'd better than the 2014 Camber Comps. I would like to ride a 27.5 tire to see how it performs in tight technical trails, but you just can't beat the 29'er for all around go fun. When it gets rolling, it's just fast and fun. It would have to be a crazy deal for me to get an older bike with lower spec'd parts and with 26" wheels. $1000? Maybe?
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

Merendon Junkie
    I have a 26 camber, I also own a 29er ht and have ridden a friends 29er camber. My 26 camber is definitelly the bike I have the most fun riding. A 29er is not better than a 26er or vice versa IMO, they are just different. I dont want a start a wheel size debate, there are plenty of those already. But I wouldnt discard the 26er just yet. In the end it comes down to personal preference. Ride what YOU like the best (and can afford) .

Cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Appreciate all of this advice. Thanks to everyone, and I welcome more.
    Next thought--I'm looking deeper into these 29ers, and I'm willing to put out more money if I need to. I'm having another question that I haven't fully wrapped my mind around, and it's about suspension:
    I'm just shy of 6', and a little overweight at 220. Does my size need to factor into the amount of travel I buy? Should I be looking into the base stumpjumper ('13 fsr comp 29) which gives another inch of travel?
    I ride in UT where we have lots of nice trails, up and down and I'd probably say I'll usually be riding all-mountain style.
    I know the stumpy might be spec'd a little better but I'm more wondering about if I'll be wishing for more suspension if I get a camber.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Just ordered a load of new kit for my 2012 Camber Elite 26er - new Fulcrum wheelset, new Rebas to replace the Recons, new Fox Float RP23 which is getting PUSHed next week. Deore shifters and new Deore crank, and a few extra bits of bling such as new grips, bars and seat clamps.

Can't wait to post the results once I get round to building it. :-D

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Next thought--I'm looking deeper into these 29ers, and I'm willing to put out more money if I need to. I'm having another question that I haven't fully wrapped my mind around, and it's about suspension:
    I'm just shy of 6', and a little overweight at 220. Does my size need to factor into the amount of travel I buy? Should I be looking into the base stumpjumper ('13 fsr comp 29) which gives another inch of travel?
    I ride in UT where we have lots of nice trails, up and down and I'd probably say I'll usually be riding all-mountain style.
    I know the stumpy might be spec'd a little better but I'm more wondering about if I'll be wishing for more suspension if I get a camber.
    Yup, quoting myself ^^^ lol
    Anyone have any thoughts about needing more suspension? I'm waiting for a call back from the shop owner, so I'd like some ideas from the group here ahead of time. Is the suspension just stiffer on a shorter travel bike? Does anyone here who is my size(ish) wish they had opted for the longer travel of a stumpy instead of the camber?

Competent User
    Anyone have any thoughts about needing more suspension? I'm waiting for a call back from the shop owner, so I'd like some ideas from the group here ahead of time. Is the suspension just stiffer on a shorter travel bike? Does anyone here who is my size(ish) wish they had opted for the longer travel of a stumpy instead of the camber?
    Me. It depends on where you ride and how, but the 4" on the 29er wasn't enough for me, and I switched to a Tallboy LT recently. I liked 29 size and stuck with it, but there aren't many short travel 26" bikes left on the market these days. It's really rocky around where I live, and there's a variety of terrain, and I wanted to be able to ride more of it. Obviously, there are trade offs, but I'm not that fast to begin with, so that didn't bother me.

One of the things I really didn't like about my Camber was the lack of "pop" on the Ario shock when I went to get some air. I know people who've upgrade to Fox platforms on these bikes, and been a lot happier.

mtbr member
    I have a 2013 Camber Pro and I want to change it from a 2X10 to 1X11. Has anyone made the switch? Can I use the same crank and rear hub?

Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    I have a 2013 Camber Pro and I want to change it from a 2X10 to 1X11. Has anyone made the switch? Can I use the same crank and rear hub?
    You'd need a rear wheel where you can install the XD driver for the 11sp cassette.

mtbr member
    You are the same size and weight that I am and I have had no issue with the Camber's 110mm of travel. I don't do big jumps or any extreme drops but it will handle all I care to ride.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    I just upgraded my cranks to XX1 and I'm running 1x10 with no issue on the stock cassette. Dropped 1.4 lbs off the total weight.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

Competent User

Your size has nothing to do with the amount of travel you need. That depends on what type of riding you're doing. If you're leaning towards AM or at least want that ability, a stumpy is probably a better choice. But also, at 220, you're going to want some hardcore wheels if you're going 29er.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I am 6'4". When I bought my Camber Comp I was 325 without my hydration pack. You are a small fry compared to me and the Camber is more than enough bike to handle you. As for travel, you sound like you are just starting out again and not going to be attacking gnarly terrain and stuff, so yes, it is enough. If you start doing bigger and nastier all mountain stuff, maybe not. I would venture to say that you are going to be perfectly fine with the 110mm.

And the Rovals on the Camber Comp have held up okay.... they have been trued once and I snapped one nipple (stupid alloy nipples). Those are the only 2 things I have had to do on my bike in the year I have been riding it.
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0
    1999 Trek STP200 (the commuter)

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the help from you guys here. Took a few hours today at the shop to ride a few bikes and compare the prices. In the end I had to let price make my decision more than I would've wanted, but I am happy to save some money. I think the '12 camber elite 26" is going to do more than enough for me and I'm way excited about it. Got a good deal, and have a bike that I'll love. Not to mention extra cash for the clipless pedals, shoes, riding clothes, helmet, you know, all of that.
    I'll stop holding this thread hostage with all of my questions now. Lol. I'll put some pics up before long! Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Wondering how bike will ride if I go from a 110 fork to a 120?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the help from you guys here. Took a few hours today at the shop to ride a few bikes and compare the prices. In the end I had to let price make my decision more than I would've wanted, but I am happy to save some money. I think the '12 camber elite 26" is going to do more than enough for me and I'm way excited about it. Got a good deal, and have a bike that I'll love. Not to mention extra cash for the clipless pedals, shoes, riding clothes, helmet, you know, all of that.
    I'll stop holding this thread hostage with all of my questions now. Lol. I'll put some pics up before long! Thanks again!
    Congratulations! :-D

What size did you pick up and how tall are you?

mtbr member
    I've got you by 25lbs. No prob with mine. I don't do any big drops and just mild size jumps. Pull the trigger on one you won't regret it. Hurry now and join the Camber Cult.
    BBELL

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by discostu333 View Post
    Congratulations! :-D

What size did you pick up and how tall are you?
    Thanks. I'm just under 6' tall, felt most comfortable on a size L.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by bbell View Post
    I've got you by 25lbs. No prob with mine. I don't do any big drops and just mild size jumps. Pull the trigger on one you won't regret it. Hurry now and join the Camber Cult.
    Trigger has been pulled. Lol. Thanks man, I think it's gonna be great. Can't wait to get a few miles on her.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks. I'm just under 6' tall, felt most comfortable on a size L.
    Same height / size as me.

I found that the 90mm stem that came stock on my Elite was a little too long (the bike has a really long top tube anyway). I experimented with different lengths and found that 70mm was the sweet spot for me. Handles amazingly over all terrain, not too twitchy on climbs and the extra wheelbase on the large really helps with stability when flying down steep stuff.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Thanks discostu for the stem advice. Been a long time for me since riding, and my last bike was a hardtail. It'll take a few rides to get my riding position dialed in on this new rig.

The Boat or The Bike?
    Congrats! I'm sure you will love the bike. Make sure to post up some pics when you get it on the trail!
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSCHMITT View Post
    Wondering how bike will ride if I go from a 110 fork to a 120?
    I'll tell you in a week or so. I had my LBS order the part to convert my Reba to 120mm of travel.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

mtbr member
    I just upgraded my cranks to XX1 and I'm running 1x10 with no issue on the stock cassette. Dropped 1.4 lbs off the total weight.
    Road a little over 12 miles tonight in the dark and set 6 personal bests according to strava. I'm thinking the updates worked and no dropped chain so far even without a chain guard!
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Roubaix Sport
    2014 Camber Comp

I Ride Bikes
    hey guys, I want to upgrade my stock headset on 2012 Carbon Camber. Any reccomendations?
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    I'll tell you in a week or so. I had my LBS order the part to convert my Reba to 120mm of travel.
    Thanks! Wont have mine for about two weeks, at least thats what Fox said.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I have a chance to buy a brand new 2011 Specialized Camber comp frame and I'm looking for parts for the build. What option of 120mm fork would be a nice match to the rear RS Ario shock?
    I found slightly used Fox Float RL 32 120mm fork at ebay for a reasonable price, is it a good option?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by reimorei View Post
    I have a chance to buy a brand new 2011 Specialized Camber comp frame and I'm looking for parts for the build. What option of 120mm fork would be a nice match to the rear RS Ario shock?
    I found slightly used Fox Float RL 32 120mm fork at ebay for a reasonable price, is it a good option?
    There's not a great deal of options around. That's sadly the limitation of the early Camber frames having a straight headtube. Tapered steerer forks seem to be the standard nowadays.

A Fox Float 32 or Reba would be the best bet. I've just bought a new 2013 Reba with thru axle to upgrade mine but I haven't fitted it yet so can't say how it will ride. If you can get the Float 32 for a good price then I'd say its a no brainer. You might also want to think about swapping out the Ario when it wears out as its a fairly basic, non-serviceable (bar changing the seals) shock.

Competent User

That straight headtube is such a bummer.

mtbr member
    How does the camber climb? Much pedal bobbing?

mtbr member
    To be honest when I first got the bike, yes. Then either I got used to it or it went away. Fast forward to new replacement bike with CTD shock, I do not feel any bobbing.
    2016 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 (27.5)
    2013 Specialized Camber Carbon
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp