Page 48 of 127 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 3167
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    question for everyone her. I had a crash on my 2012 camber comp 26, a while back and, just went out riding for the first time last weekend. Riding now I feel like I am too far forward on the bike when coming off of jumps. Do you guys think a shorter stem would help? I am thinking swapping the 90mm for a 70mm. Has anyone else felt this way.

also I have been feeling like the front shock compressed to much.I weigh about 155 and have it set to 90psi which is a little higher then recommended. Any ideas on what else i can do? I have the rebound set to fast as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kdh View Post
    My new Camber Expert- pedals (Spank Spike) and Command post still missing...

Klaus
    What stem are you running? I was just wondering because I have a medium as well and my weight feels like its all shifted toward the front of the bike.

Thanks!

I Ride Bikes
    I just weighed my 2012 Camber Comp Carbon 29er. It has the Spank Spike pedals (400 grams) and the spesh rib cage water bottle holder (36 grams). Everything else is stock.

It weighed 28.48 lbs. Not bad. I have a few upgrades waiting in boxes right now. New handlebars, stem, seatpost, and saddle. I think I can easily get this bike under 28 lbs.

kdh
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    SpeshCamb,
    it is a 70mm Truvativ AKA (and a 730mm Holzfeller bar with 20mm rise).
    Due to illness I have had no proper ride so far, but the parking lot cruise tells me its pretty much spot on for mixed trail riding, will perhaps get a shorter stem for more aggressive riding too...50 to 60mm.
    I am about 177cm tall (5' 9,5'') for comparison.
    Fork is a Revelation set to 130mm, slacks it out a bit too and shifts more weight to the rear...
    Stock stem was 90mm- really felt awful...
    Klaus

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Awesome, thank you for the fast reply. I think I will definately go with that stem

Competent User
    I'm curious where about the experience of people who've had the bike for 1-2 years now. Are you still riding it? Any long term problems? What have proven to be the best upgrades for you?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I've been riding a 2011 camber comp (26") for about 1.5 years now and think it was a great value bike. No long term problems and I ride it quite hard a couple of times a month. "Quite hard" meaning approx 20 mile trails though rocky muddy trail-centre routes in Wales (UK). I'm not the biggest fan of the tektro draco brakes and am in the process of replacing with Shimano Deore M596. Other upgrades I've made so far was to shorten the stem to 70mm (original stem was 110mm I think!), drop the large chainring for a bashguard and to add a dropper seatpost (reverb).

The reverb was obviously a great addition but as a value-for-money upgrade - replacing the large ring with a bashguard has made it much more mobile over rocks and roots.

Love the bike and would highly recommend it.

G34
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    My story is very similar to Poodie's. I own 2011 26in Camber Expert for about 18 months. I also ride UK trail centers (High Lodge, Chase Trails, and Swinley Forest). I ride about 25-40 miles a month on the weekends. I have numerous issues with stuck pistons on the Avid Elixir brakes. A random piston will stick out and will not full retract into the brake housing, partially applying the pad into the rotor. This occurred three times with the front brakes and once with the back brakes since I had it. The brakes are great when the pistons are not sticking.

I swapped the tires for Kenda Nevegals. That my only upgrade so far. I will be getting a new brake set up soon. I am looking at Shimano set ups. I am also considering upgrading the Fox Triad to a Fox RP23.

Overall its been a great ride. I have put a beating on it, and everything has held up well, except the brakes. I also recommend it, but they dont offer the 26 in model anymore.

JRA
    I have had the 2011 Camber Elite 29er for about two years. I got one of the very first ones in August 2010. Right away, the Avid brakes had the noise/vibration/turkey gobble problem. The LBS put a solid rotor on the back and replace the semi-metallic pads with organic. The problem went away and has not returned and braking has been excellent. Early on, I had an issue with the Ario shock losing pressure in cold weather. I determined it was the air valve on the shock. I tightened it down with a valve tool and have had no other issues with the suspension.

I have replaced the cockpit (bars, stem, grips and seat post) with Crankbothers Cobalt 3 items. Functionally and weight-wise, the Crankbrothers products are similar to the stock items, but the grey-blue color looks very sharp on this bike. Last year, for Christmas, I bought the bike XT shifters, crankset and cassette. The drivetrain has been bulletproof since day one and the XT parts dropped about a pound from the bike. The cheapo stock cranks and cassette were functional but real boat anchors.

When new, The Captain tires had an excellent mix of speed and grip, but after 1200 miles or so of New England singletrack, they have worn enough where the reduced grip is becoming noticeable. Iím thinking of putting on some of the new Purgs, but Iíll take any recommendation of others whoíve replaced their Captains.

The bike has lived up to expectations. I paid $1850 for it in 2010 and it was the cheapest big-name full suspension 29er available (at least at my LBSís). It is a tank and will roll over tons of stuff much faster than my 26er would. It does lack a bit in the agility departmentósuper tight technical sections and step-ups, but it flies otherwise.

Iím thinking the bike may get some new hoops for the holidays. I would like to save 400-500 grams over the stock wheels. Any recommendations?
    --If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuckus View Post
    The bike has lived up to expectations. I paid $1850 for it in 2010 and it was the cheapest big-name full suspension 29er available (at least at my LBSís). It is a tank and will roll over tons of stuff much faster than my 26er would. It does lack a bit in the agility departmentósuper tight technical sections and step-ups, but it flies otherwise.

Iím thinking the bike may get some new hoops for the holidays. I would like to save 400-500 grams over the stock wheels. Any recommendations?
    Thanks for the update. I've got a 2012 Camber 29, so it's basically the exact same bike. I need to do the cranks and shifters to XT as well, but we're not there yet. But I did do the wheels, and I think it's made a big difference. I got Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29ers, and they aren't the lightest (lighter than stock though), but they are strong, stiff, and how they roll. Definitely recommended for the price.

I'm in Southern NH, so not so different from MA. I'm running Maxxis Ardent on the front and Schwalbe Nobby Nic on the back, and it's far above the stock tires in terms of traction, and has really helped me clear some tricky, rooty climbs that I couldn't before.

mtbr member
    I just heard my 2013 Camber Expert carbon EVO shipped and will be in next week. I'll post some pics when it shows up !!
    If the path ahead looks dangerous ------- it probably is!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Just purchased a 2013 Camber Comp carbon and was wondering if anyone knows the weight of the Roval wheetset that comes stocked on this bike. Being my first 29er and all I feel the wheels have a lot of flex to them. Is this just a matter of the larger wheel size or is it worth upgrading to a stiffer wheelset? Put about 70 miles on the bike so far and just can't get use to the noodly feel of the wheels. But again, I've been riding only 26ers for the past 8 years primarily running flows w/chris kings.
    "Ride it Like You Stole it"!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hi All,
    Fairly new to the site, not posted on this thread before, but I'm after a bit of help on set up for my 11 camber expert. I'm 5:7, 270lbs and riding an M. I originally had a rockhopper and upgraded to fsr in March this year to try something a bit different. as I ride xc, I didnt want to go all out on a dh rig and spesh offer unlimited weight on their warranty, nlike others. I love the way the camber climbs, and how it feels in general. I'm Riding pretty much single track about 40miles a week, to and from work. I have the rear shock upto between 280 and 300, fastest rebound possible. But on downward slopes the back end feels pretty skittish.
    Do you think it's a set up or a wheel issue? Oh and yes,I know it's a weight issue mainly, but any thoughts great fully received.

JRA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bignorthernmonkey View Post
    Hi All,
    Fairly new to the site, not posted on this thread before, but I'm after a bit of help on set up for my 11 camber expert. I'm 5:7, 270lbs and riding an M. I originally had a rockhopper and upgraded to fsr in March this year to try something a bit different. as I ride xc, I didnt want to go all out on a dh rig and spesh offer unlimited weight on their warranty, nlike others. I love the way the camber climbs, and how it feels in general. I'm Riding pretty much single track about 40miles a week, to and from work. I have the rear shock upto between 280 and 300, fastest rebound possible. But on downward slopes the back end feels pretty skittish.
    Do you think it's a set up or a wheel issue? Oh and yes,I know it's a weight issue mainly, but any thoughts great fully received.
    Try backing off the rebound a bit. Too much rebound and the seat will be kicking you off the bike. Most start in the middle (if you have 14 'clicks', start at around 7) and adjust up or down from there.
    --If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt_hog View Post
    Just purchased a 2013 Camber Comp carbon and was wondering if anyone knows the weight of the Roval wheetset that comes stocked on this bike. Being my first 29er and all I feel the wheels have a lot of flex to them. Is this just a matter of the larger wheel size or is it worth upgrading to a stiffer wheelset? Put about 70 miles on the bike so far and just can't get use to the noodly feel of the wheels. But again, I've been riding only 26ers for the past 8 years primarily running flows w/chris kings.
    Did you take your bike back to the shop to have it checked out? I would do that before assuming you need new wheels?

Competent User

120 mm fork on 2012 Camber 29?

I'm thinking about fork options for my 2012 Camber 29. It's the oldest Camber frame without the tapered HT, and it came with a 100mm Recon. The other 2012 Cambers had 110 mm forks, so I wondered if I could run a 120mm fork, or if I should just stick with 100. I think I remember reading that the reason they went with 100 was because there wasn't a 1 1/8 recon over 100. Is that a warranty buster? Anyone else have experience with this, like folks with the 2011 29er Cambers?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks BigRukus, I'll give it a go tomorrow
    Camber Expert 2011
    Allez Elite 2009

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    I'm thinking about fork options for my 2012 Camber 29. It's the oldest Camber frame without the tapered HT, and it came with a 100mm Recon. The other 2012 Cambers had 110 mm forks, so I wondered if I could run a 120mm fork, or if I should just stick with 100. I think I remember reading that the reason they went with 100 was because there wasn't a 1 1/8 recon over 100. Is that a warranty buster? Anyone else have experience with this, like folks with the 2011 29er Cambers?
    I've got the 2011 26er and I'm sure I read somewhere about different size forks in the manual. Reason being I was gonna fit my old SIDs to the camber, but then stuck with the rebas. The SIDs are now waiting til my little girl is old enough to put them on her first 26er.
    Camber Expert 2011
    Allez Elite 2009

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Got to ride a 2013 Camber Pro Carbon today at a demo event.

Insanely fun bike. Great handling with great handling skills. It wasnt the fastest I rode (in fact if felt the slowest) but it was the smoothest for sure. I can see how lots of you guys like the bike. It was comfortable yet still felt lively. The carbon wheels didnt have any flex that I felt and Im 220lbs and rode the XL. Very fun ride but just not for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt_hog View Post
    Just upgrade the wheelset. I like Stans Crest with 3.30 hubs.

mtbr member
    Here are some pics of my 2013 Camber carbon evo. Size L 26#'s w/o pedals, 2Bliss

Last edited by MObiker; 09-26-2012 at 08:46 PM.

I Ride Bikes
    ^^^Nice bike! Now go get it dirty!

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumper61 View Post
    Just upgrade the wheelset. I like Stans Crest with 3.30 hubs.
    Suggesting a Crest to someone with wheel stiffness issues is suspect.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I b lovin' my 12 Camber Comp 29er. This bike made me a better rider overnight. The "point and go" ability blows my mind. Hammered it last night , felt fantastic.

My fellow rider put Avid Organic pads on his 12 Stumpjumper FSR, now his brakes are quite & work great. Just ordered a couple sets off of the bay, $26 shipped
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

Competent User

Oy, these brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by lastplace29er View Post
    I b lovin' my 12 Camber Comp 29er. This bike made me a better rider overnight. The "point and go" ability blows my mind. Hammered it last night , felt fantastic.

My fellow rider put Avid Organic pads on his 12 Stumpjumper FSR, now his brakes are quite & work great. Just ordered a couple sets off of the bay, $26 shipped
    I've had my Camber's Elixir 3 brakes in 3 times to stop the squealing and vibrating. They replaced the pads and rotors once. I got different rotors once, and I've cleaned them a billion times. It always comes back. I'm gonna go to a different LBS and demand warranty service and likely replacement.

Page 48 of 127 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 ... LastLast