Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,800 of 4902
  1. #4701
    mtbr member
    Reputation: COMTBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    477
    Nice. Still a 142 rear.

  2. #4702
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12
    Yes still 142. In the description of the camber they say it was a 148 Axel.

    I doesn't matter for me.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

  3. #4703
    103
    103 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by James8101 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any issues with the Bikeyoke? Was it easy to run the shock inverted in it?
    No issues at all. I made sure there was enough clearance but letting all the air out of the shock and compressed the swingarm. No contact between the shock and frame. Make sure you keep the pivot area greased. Mine developed at creak but was resolved with some grease.

  4. #4704
    103
    103 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_4887.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Purdue22 View Post
    Please post some pictures of your SW setup without the Brain. What year? Any and all details appreciated since I have a 2016 SW Camber and am going to do something similar.


    I have 2016 SW camber 29. Ordered from bikeyoke.com, got shock from LBS, installed it and starting shreading. Pretty straight forward.
    Last edited by 103; 09-09-2017 at 09:43 AM.

  5. #4705
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by 103 View Post

    Check my gallery for image. I have 2016 SW camber 29. Ordered from bikeyoke.com, got shock from LBS, installed it and starting shreading. Pretty straight forward.
    Can you measure the can width? I'm trying to figure if cane creek inline would fit camber with bikeyoke.

  6. #4706
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    47
    I have a 2014 camber, and am looking to upgrade to either 11spd or 12spd. Does anyone know if my original hubs (Specialized Hi Lo disc, 4x-sealed cartridge bearings, 12mm thru-axle, 142+ spacing, 32h) are convertible to the XD driver?

  7. #4707
    103
    103 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Soihtu View Post
    Can you measure the can width? I'm trying to figure if cane creek inline would fit camber with bikeyoke.

    2016-2017 FLOAT DPS User Specification Drawings | Bike Help Center | FOX

    Can is about 2 inches in diameter. LV EVOL DPS shock

  8. #4708
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    74
    Wow...what a mistake Specialized made. In 3 months hoping to get my first 29r! Still riding a 6 year old 26" Ventana Salty and I am 6'4" tall! At 210 lbs was really hoping for Boost on the 2018 Camber. What were they thinking. Now leaning to Tallboy R Carbon. Thoughts?

  9. #4709
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMyNameisMax View Post
    Wow...what a mistake Specialized made. In 3 months hoping to get my first 29r! Still riding a 6 year old 26" Ventana Salty and I am 6'4" tall! At 210 lbs was really hoping for Boost on the 2018 Camber. What were they thinking. Now leaning to Tallboy R Carbon. Thoughts?
    I'm thinking they are either making a brand new camber for 19, or dumping it alltogether.
    I've got a '16 Stumpy with a few upgrades including beefier 150mm fork, and bought a camber this spring. Both have been raced and ridden a lot. Both 29" comp carbon running 1x11 an traverse fattie wheels.
    At the moment, I feel that the Camber is way too close to the stumpy - but lacks the downhill and gnar capabilities. The Stumpy is more or less as fast even on asphalt. Kinda disappointed, as my old "13 camber evo actually felt faster.

    So....the 18 stumpy has boost

  10. #4710
    mtbr member
    Reputation: COMTBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    477
    Yeah, for a 2018 bike, I can't believe the Camber isn't boost either. It should've been boost in 2016. I think they've had enough input about the scam er that Spesh will be doing something awesome for 2019. Shedding a lot of weight, further separation from the SJ, different frame etc.
    Just a guess though..

  11. #4711
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by COMTBR View Post
    Yeah, for a 2018 bike, I can't believe the Camber isn't boost either. It should've been boost in 2016. I think they've had enough input about the scam er that Spesh will be doing something awesome for 2019. Shedding a lot of weight, further separation from the SJ, different frame etc.
    Just a guess though..
    Thanks...know that it is either being phased out or completely re-done in 2019 is even more incentive to go with a Tallboy. Too bad because I really wanted a more 'mainstream' bike as I have had issues with semi-custom and boutique bikes in the past (even though SC is not as boutique as it used to be).

  12. #4712
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    Thanks 103 for the Bikeyoke info. I ended up grabbing one and a Fox DPS shock. Bikyoke shipping was fast, and pretty easy to install. Things of note for me:
    -It used the old style DU bushing vs the current Fox 5 piece nylon style, so I had to get a shop to press that in.
    -The SV air can fits fine in the frame
    -The Specialized FSR manual has some advice on which order to take the linkage apart/install

    Not too much time on the bike just yet with the new shock, however initial impressions are good.

  13. #4713
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMyNameisMax View Post
    Wow...what a mistake Specialized made. In 3 months hoping to get my first 29r! Still riding a 6 year old 26" Ventana Salty and I am 6'4" tall! At 210 lbs was really hoping for Boost on the 2018 Camber. What were they thinking. Now leaning to Tallboy R Carbon. Thoughts?
    What mistake is that if I may ask?

  14. #4714
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Purdue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    54
    Not going to a boost rest end I believe he was referring too. I also agree it was a mistake/unfortunate decision....

  15. #4715
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Purdue22 View Post
    Not going to a boost rest end I believe he was referring too. I also agree it was a mistake/unfortunate decision....
    12 speed versions get the 12x148

    (edit - nevermind, I see the post of the guy that bought a 12 with the 12X142)

  16. #4716
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMyNameisMax View Post
    Wow...what a mistake Specialized made. In 3 months hoping to get my first 29r! Still riding a 6 year old 26" Ventana Salty and I am 6'4" tall! At 210 lbs was really hoping for Boost on the 2018 Camber. What were they thinking. Now leaning to Tallboy R Carbon. Thoughts?
    check specs on the 12 speed one.. its 12X148

  17. #4717
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    97
    will the 12 speed even fit on a 142? I'm seeing 148 on the 12s but 142 on the 11s..

    (edit - nevermind? I see the post of the guy that bought a 12 eagle with the 12X142)

  18. #4718
    mtbr member
    Reputation: COMTBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    477
    So you have to spend $4,400 on the Expert to get a 148 Rear. Still stupid.

    EDIT: Actually dutchronnie's 1x12 Expert above still has 142 rear. Don't believe SPZ's specs.

  19. #4719
    mtbr member
    Reputation: akaBrowntown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    441
    Go with the SC if you like how it rides. I love being able to order bearing kits directly from SC for my gf's 5010. Also no proprietary shocks is nice.

  20. #4720
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    74
    Just looked at specs for the Comp Carbon 29 - 1X and it states, "Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x142mm thru-axle, 28h".

    Have to go to Expert to get 148mm....pricey.Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
    Last edited by MaxMyNameisMax; 09-18-2017 at 11:15 AM.

  21. #4721
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    47
    for the record, the 2017 and up 650B Cambers are boost front and rear. Why they chose not to do that for the 29er I dont know.

    and per my posts pages back, the boost and massive clearance on the 650B models allow you to run full 2.8 plus tires.

    if you look at my thread, it may be a reason to buy the 650B over the 29er...

    Frankly, i thought I love my bike, i wouldn't buy either in stock form. Id probably want +120mm and boost from a 29er, and id want all the upgrades i did to my camber stock on a 650B bike.

    but as a whole though, freaking love my bike in its current state.

  22. #4722
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    97
    Put a 1x10 on my 2013 chamber with 11-42 32t front. vid: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PqLuT2...ature=youtu.be https://youtu.be/PqLuT2w_uBg

  23. #4723
    mtbr member
    Reputation: funnyjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    656
    Sorry if this has been discussed but Im interested in doing the bike yoke mod and adding a larger volume air can for greater small bump compliance for my 17 camber comp. worth it ? shock size options??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #4724
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,415
    You'll struggle. The rate is so flat that anything other than a small air can will have you blowing through the travel. The best option is to service your air can and pivot hardware regularly.

  25. #4725
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    931
    Sorry for posting my ad here...trying to get more interest so I can get it out of here. It has been sitting in storage for the past 6-7 months.

    For sale: 2017 Specialized Camber Carbon Expert 29er in size Medium.

    2017 Specialized Camber Carbon Expert 29er - Medium - MTBR Classifieds

  26. #4726
    mtbr member
    Reputation: johnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    785
    Thinking about getting this , throwing a dropper on it and riding out !!

    148 rear. Too bad we didn't see a threaded BB this year.

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/me...omp650b/133923

  27. #4727
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,415
    Threaded BB's suck. I have way fewer issues with PF30.

  28. #4728
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    I had a few issues with the stock PF BB, but I swapped it out with a Chris King and it's been trouble free.

  29. #4729
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17
    Threaded BB only on Camber 650B base model - why is that? I guess it's a great bike to upgrade for the price ($1650). You could make it anything you want and I like the 148 rear.
    For another $1500 you could load the frame up with a bunch of lightweight components and have a nice ride.

  30. #4730
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    99
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber-ohlins.jpg

    Really really want that!

  31. #4731
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17
    That's about the best looking bike I've ever seen!! Model Year?

  32. #4732
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    99
    2017/2018 at a guess, its Jared Graves' bike.

    140mm Coil RXF 34 as well

  33. #4733
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8
    This may be a bad post for this forum, but I'm debating between getting either the 2018 Camber Comp 29er or the 2018 Trek Fuel Ex 7.

    Any recommendations?

  34. #4734
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by edere View Post
    This may be a bad post for this forum, but I'm debating between getting either the 2018 Camber Comp 29er or the 2018 Trek Fuel Ex 7.

    Any recommendations?
    I think everyone is going to say camber, just because it's camber thread.
    I tested carbon versions of both bikes when i bought my camber. For me trek re:aktiv wasn't that good. Also i love the geo and fit of the camber, it's little higher then trek.

  35. #4735
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    716
    I'd lean more toward the SC Tallboy or the Pivot 429 in that range, but yes, the Camber over the Fuel.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

  36. #4736
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    I'm going to buy a new bike next summer. Tallboy is on my short list. Waiting to see where spesh is going with camber. Let's hope it get same rear then epic with 110mm of travel with 120 fork without brain. I'm looking for xc/marathon bike and tallboy is on the heavy side for that.

  37. #4737
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    14
    Hello!
    I got Camber Expert Carbon 29 2016.
    I need new bearings for headset. I try to find some instructions, but nothing.
    Somebody write specifications of bearings for headset please)

  38. #4738
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Soihtu View Post
    I'm going to buy a new bike next summer. Tallboy is on my short list. Waiting to see where spesh is going with camber. Let's hope it get same rear then epic with 110mm of travel with 120 fork without brain. I'm looking for xc/marathon bike and tallboy is on the heavy side for that.
    Sounds good. SWAT or not?

  39. #4739
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by edere View Post
    This may be a bad post for this forum, but I'm debating between getting either the 2018 Camber Comp 29er or the 2018 Trek Fuel Ex 7.

    Any recommendations?
    Fuel not even close imho

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  40. #4740
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazedHam View Post
    Sounds good. SWAT or not?
    I like the swat door, but there are good options to go without it. Oneup edc tool for example or epic swat box. Swat door adds 200g on the frame, so weight weenie in me says noooo.

  41. #4741
    mtbr member
    Reputation: davemk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    569
    Is anyone else hoping Specialized re-makes the Camber into a lightweight XC/Trail crusher? I'm dreaming of a near 2018 epic frame weight (true FSR, no brain), with 110mm rear travel, 67-68 degree HA, 75 degree SA, optimized for a 120mm Fox 34 and a 125mm dropper post. Sub 25 pound total bike weight! I'm 200 lbs and I am in search of a fun 29er with updated geometry that is burly enough that it won't break every time I push hard downhill, but still light enough to race an occasional XC race. There are a lot fun new short travel 29er trail bikes out now (Scott Spark, Tallboy, Pivot 429 trail, and the current Camber) but they all end up weighting at least 27-28 pounds. If I'm going to get a XC bike, it needs to save more than 1-2 lbs vs. my 165mm AM bike.
    "Less yappin' more braapin" - IFHT

  42. #4742
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    I made the same speculation bit earlier. Let's see what they will bring to us. I heard from my lbs that spesh is trying to lose year models. Let's hope they do that and release new camber earlier then next fall.

  43. #4743
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by davemk View Post
    Is anyone else hoping Specialized re-makes the Camber into a lightweight XC/Trail crusher? I'm dreaming of a near 2018 epic frame weight (true FSR, no brain), with 110mm rear travel, 67-68 degree HA, 75 degree SA, optimized for a 120mm Fox 34 and a 125mm dropper post. Sub 25 pound total bike weight! I'm 200 lbs and I am in search of a fun 29er with updated geometry that is burly enough that it won't break every time I push hard downhill, but still light enough to race an occasional XC race. There are a lot fun new short travel 29er trail bikes out now (Scott Spark, Tallboy, Pivot 429 trail, and the current Camber) but they all end up weighting at least 27-28 pounds. If I'm going to get a XC bike, it needs to save more than 1-2 lbs vs. my 165mm AM bike.
    Pretty much exactly what I want. Same reach as the 18 Enduro and no steeper than 67.5 with a 120mm.

  44. #4744
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    Pretty much exactly what I want. Same reach as the 18 Enduro and no steeper than 67.5 with a 120mm.
    Isn't the stumpjumper 67.5 ha? I'm hoping that they will keep the current ha. They have to fill the gap between stumpjumper and epic, no point of making camber the same numbers as stump.

  45. #4745
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Soihtu View Post
    Isn't the stumpjumper 67.5 ha? I'm hoping that they will keep the current ha. They have to fill the gap between stumpjumper and epic, no point of making camber the same numbers as stump.
    There's zero downsides to slacker head angles, only benefits. The industry just wants you to believe there is so you'll have to buy more bikes.

  46. #4746
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    On my tight singletrack trails (natural, not build) i wasn't able to make all the corners with 67.5ha 130mm bike. Slacker ha makes longer bikes and so on. I'm on xl size camber and don't want it any longer.

  47. #4747
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,415
    1 degree is less than 2cm in wheelbase. Must be some pretty tight switchbacks that 2cm is make or break.

  48. #4748
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    40
    Just building up my repainted Camber 2011 frame.
    It's a M4 aluminium frame.
    Just weighted at 10.65kg without pedals and without chain.
    (chain to be installed but I broke the derailleur hanger bolt )

    Oh btw, I set it up as XC bike, not a Trail bike.
    It's not much slower than my 2018 Epic HT 29er S-works (8.65kg) on the trails.

    Color is 5015 RAL


  49. #4749
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    1 degree is less than 2cm in wheelbase. Must be some pretty tight switchbacks that 2cm is make or break.
    So if we have a look in spesh line. Epic has 69.5 ha and enduro 66 ha, demo has 63.5, but different wheelsize. From epic to demo there is 6 degree difference in ha. For me 1 degree change in ha is quite big. There are more to geo and riding feel, but ha is important.

  50. #4750
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VladConnery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    61
    Need your help!!!!!

    I have a 2015 Camber EVO

    My crank keeps loosening. The BB was replaced 4 months ago and has play in it. Not in the frame but in the bearings. The little plastic ring around the crank with the set screw does not tighten and hold.

    I'm over the crank and sram pf30's BB

    I want to replace the crank and the BB what are my options? I would like to go to a threaded BB.

    Bike is outstanding however this problem has jumped up several times since I've had the bike. I want to solve it for good!!!!
    Camber Expert Carbon EVO Salsa Carbon Bucksaw

  51. #4751
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    28
    Mine is creaking, I am probably going with the Wheels Mfg PF30 THREADED BB or the PF30 THREADED ANGULAR CONTACT BB in the near future, Wheels MFG was recommended by a local shop that I trust.

  52. #4752
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VladConnery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by 15Hopper View Post
    Mine is creaking, I am probably going with the Wheels Mfg PF30 THREADED BB or the PF30 THREADED ANGULAR CONTACT BB in the near future, Wheels MFG was recommended by a local shop that I trust.
    Thanks I was looking at theirs. I like their prices. Do you know what the part # is for the threaded version?
    Camber Expert Carbon EVO Salsa Carbon Bucksaw

  53. #4753
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GJmtnbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    75
    Picked up a 2017 Camber FSR 29 last month. Really like this bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-b5qwx9k.jpg  


  54. #4754
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by VladConnery View Post
    Need your help!!!!!

    I have a 2015 Camber EVO

    My crank keeps loosening. The BB was replaced 4 months ago and has play in it. Not in the frame but in the bearings. The little plastic ring around the crank with the set screw does not tighten and hold.

    I'm over the crank and sram pf30's BB

    I want to replace the crank and the BB what are my options? I would like to go to a threaded BB.

    Bike is outstanding however this problem has jumped up several times since I've had the bike. I want to solve it for good!!!!
    The system is absolutely bombproof regarding the issue you are having. Buy a new Bearing adjuster, https://www.ebay.com/p/SRAM-Truvativ...t30/1334306146 and take it to a good mechanic. If the crank arm is falling off the BB spindle it was ridden loose and it's done but if it's just the Bearing adjuster change it and you will never have the issue again. The threads in the adjuster are plastic so if a goon mechanic overtightened it the threads are likely shot.

  55. #4755
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VladConnery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    The system is absolutely bombproof regarding the issue you are having. Buy a new Bearing adjuster, https://www.ebay.com/p/SRAM-Truvativ...t30/1334306146 and take it to a good mechanic. If the crank arm is falling off the BB spindle it was ridden loose and it's done but if it's just the Bearing adjuster change it and you will never have the issue again. The threads in the adjuster are plastic so if a goon mechanic overtightened it the threads are likely shot.

    Thanks!!!! I bought it. I still have to replace the BB though. I want to switch over to a threaded BB.
    Camber Expert Carbon EVO Salsa Carbon Bucksaw

  56. #4756
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GJmtnbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    75
    Still enjoying riding my new bike, put a little over 100 miles on it so far, about 15-20 rides. Took off all the reflectors.
    2017 Specialized Camber FSR, 2013 Specialized Secteur Sport

  57. #4757
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by VladConnery View Post
    Need your help!!!!!

    I have a 2015 Camber EVO

    My crank keeps loosening. The BB was replaced 4 months ago and has play in it. Not in the frame but in the bearings. The little plastic ring around the crank with the set screw does not tighten and hold.

    I'm over the crank and sram pf30's BB

    I want to replace the crank and the BB what are my options? I would like to go to a threaded BB.

    Bike is outstanding however this problem has jumped up several times since I've had the bike. I want to solve it for good!!!!

    The little set screw and plastic ring sucks. They came on 2016 bikes, but on 2017 Specialized ditched them.

    I took my 2016 Camber Expert to my LBS. He simply replaced the little crappy plastic threaded piece with a spacer. He had a box of spacers that he used to select the one with the right width. Crank has been flawless ever since.

    Best $25 spent on the bike.

  58. #4758
    _
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    820
    I picked up a used 2016 Camber 650b last week, in great shape. Iíve browsed through this thread a bit to get a feel for what PSI people are putting in the rear shocks. I know it varies per person, and most start at a 25%-30% sag rate.

    My bike is equipped with the 02RL Pro rear shock and I was surprised at how little air was required to achieve roughly 25% sag. Iím 200lbs geared up and found that putting only 140psi in the shock did the trick. Does that sound right? I thought I read something somewhere that said to start with your weight, minus 20%. I used that as a starting point and it felt like a hard tail.

    I also went with the RockShox reco for the fork(Recon Silver), starting point of 120psi, but that too felt way too stiff. Ended up at 100psi, with the rebound turned back one click from full rabbit.

  59. #4759
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    I have fox/fox. Your settings sounds about right. Little less rebound maybe? One thing to test for you. Take all the air out off your shock and see how much movement you get from the shock. Atleast fox doesn't use all of the travel in there. I ended up using too little pressure at the beginning because i didn't know that the shock isn't using all of the shaft lenght.

  60. #4760
    _
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Soihtu View Post
    I have fox/fox. Your settings sounds about right. Little less rebound maybe? One thing to test for you. Take all the air out off your shock and see how much movement you get from the shock. Atleast fox doesn't use all of the travel in there. I ended up using too little pressure at the beginning because i didn't know that the shock isn't using all of the shaft lenght.
    Thanks for your input. I took your advice before my ride today and let all the air out of the rear shock. You were right, at full compression there was still about 3/8Ē of exposed tube. I put 10 more psi in it and ended up at 150, felt pretty good in my ride. Regarding the fork, it felt too stiff at the previous psi listed, so I took out 10 more psi and ended up at 85 and it felt much better for the rest of my ride. Oh yeah, I also slowed the rebound down two clicks, felt better.

    I think Iíll be looking into getting a dropper post next. Any recommendations on what seems to work best? Iím strictly a weekend warrior so not looking to drop tons of cash on one.

  61. #4761
    mtbr member
    Reputation: johnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by 15Hopper View Post
    Mine is creaking, I am probably going with the Wheels Mfg PF30 THREADED BB or the PF30 THREADED ANGULAR CONTACT BB in the near future, Wheels MFG was recommended by a local shop that I trust.
    This is the best solution to the press fit dilemma.

  62. #4762
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    34
    Hi was wondering if anyone is running an angleset or works angleset on the camber? or is this not possible due to the integrated headset?

  63. #4763
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by bdee View Post
    Thanks for your input. I took your advice before my ride today and let all the air out of the rear shock. You were right, at full compression there was still about 3/8Ē of exposed tube. I put 10 more psi in it and ended up at 150, felt pretty good in my ride. Regarding the fork, it felt too stiff at the previous psi listed, so I took out 10 more psi and ended up at 85 and it felt much better for the rest of my ride. Oh yeah, I also slowed the rebound down two clicks, felt better.

    I think Iíll be looking into getting a dropper post next. Any recommendations on what seems to work best? Iím strictly a weekend warrior so not looking to drop tons of cash on one.
    I really like spesh ircc post. It's so easy to service on your own. I had reverb 1st generation, had some issues with it and service was pain in the ass.

    One basic thing about suspension setup; high psi is trying to get full lenght much quicker then low psi. You need to slow down your fork with higher psi.

  64. #4764
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lone Rager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by bdee View Post
    ...thought I read something somewhere that said to start with your weight, minus 20%...
    Shock air pressure for a given rider weight depends on a bike's suspension leverage ratio and the specific shock being used. You can get a starting pressure by referring to the bike manufacturer's recommendation for your frame and shock, or by setting sag. For fork pressure, there is no linkage involved, but it still depends on the model of fork and, to lesser extent, the fork angle and weight distribution of the bike.

    I've often found the mfgr's recommendations to be pretty far off, so it's best to set sag appropriately, then adjust from there based on your preferences.
    Do the math.

  65. #4765
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    213

    Camber Expert Carbon

    Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_0565.jpg

  66. #4766
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GJmtnbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    75
    Very Nice!
    2017 Specialized Camber FSR, 2013 Specialized Secteur Sport

  67. #4767
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    60
    Nice. What is the wt ?

  68. #4768
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    34
    Happy New Year All!

    Question for those on 2016-2018 Cambers, anyone who has overforked to either 130mm or 140mm, which one was preferable for all around riding (Bay Area, Tahoe, and beyond), any drawbacks or bonuses, change in setup? Cheers.

  69. #4769
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Toldto View Post
    Nice. What is the wt ?
    Havenīt checked yet but would assume something around 11.8 kg.

  70. #4770
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkinho View Post
    Havenīt checked yet but would assume something around 11.8 kg.
    Thanks. It looks less than that.
    Happy new year.

  71. #4771
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Toldto View Post
    Thanks. It looks less than that.
    Happy new year.
    You are right, made a rough calculation and might be around 11.4

  72. #4772
    _
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    820
    New issue for me, the rebound on my 02 Pro RL shock seems to be not working correctly with air in the shock. Bike is a 2016 Camber 650b. People in the XFusion thread suggested taking the shock off, clean up all the internal seals and then regrease all of the seals and put it back together. Something about that brings back the negative pressure I guess?

    I let the air out of the shock. I then turned the rebound all the way fast, it rebounded fast. Then turned it all the way slow, it rebounded slow. Maybe Iíll mess with it more tomorrow? I still need to pick up some Slick Honey.
    Last edited by bdee; 01-16-2018 at 10:52 AM.

  73. #4773
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    88
    What is the max tire clearance for the 29er on 29in rim? Is it possible to run 27.5 x 2.8 on the 29er?

  74. #4774
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    34
    Question, is the suspension kinematics the same between a 2016 vs 2018 camber? Is it true the 2018 camber has more antisquat, or does this apply in general to the 2016-2018 models?

  75. #4775
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,415
    Same frame and the shock length hasn't increased so pretty sure they're identical. New Stumpy soon and hopefully a dedicated Camber to follow.

  76. #4776
    103
    103 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoi525 View Post
    What is the max tire clearance for the 29er on 29in rim? Is it possible to run 27.5 x 2.8 on the 29er?
    On a 2016 frame, im running a maxxis ikon 2.35 which actually measures as a 2.43 on the rear. Probably have enough clearance to run a 2.5 but wouldnt have much mud clearance. In the front im running the new maxxis rekon 2.6 on a fox factory 34 fork. Love this setup. Saved 300+ grams compared to my old setup, Maxxis Minion SS 2.35 rear/ DHF 2.5WT front.

  77. #4777
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ike_ View Post
    for the record, the 2017 and up 650B Cambers are boost front and rear. Why they chose not to do that for the 29er I dont know.

    and per my posts pages back, the boost and massive clearance on the 650B models allow you to run full 2.8 plus tires.

    if you look at my thread, it may be a reason to buy the 650B over the 29er...

    Frankly, i thought I love my bike, i wouldn't buy either in stock form. Id probably want +120mm and boost from a 29er, and id want all the upgrades i did to my camber stock on a 650B bike.

    but as a whole though, freaking love my bike in its current state.


    I just picked up a 2018 Camber Expert 650B and the bike is bad ass! I have about 70 miles on it so far. A handful of guys out here in the desert are running 27.5+ setups for traction on their Treks, Giants etc with no loss of speed they claim. I wouldn't mind a little bigger tire myself but I do like the playfulness of the current setup. The 2.3 wants to bite but I can feel it slipping from time to time but more so on off cambers. I'm not running tubeless and run 24-27psi so I could try that first but maybe bigger is an option once these tires are roached.

    Anyway my question is without buying and mounting tires just how big can I go in the front and rear and what would be the best tires for this rocky, slick mountain terrain we have in Arizona? Should I stick with Specialized tires?

    Thanks in advance....

    Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber.jpg

  78. #4778
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coleam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by mxwebsites View Post
    I just picked up a 2018 Camber Expert 650B and the bike is bad ass! I have about 70 miles on it so far. A handful of guys out here in the desert are running 27.5+ setups for traction on their Treks, Giants etc with no loss of speed they claim. I wouldn't mind a little bigger tire myself but I do like the playfulness of the current setup. The 2.3 wants to bite but I can feel it slipping from time to time but more so on off cambers. I'm not running tubeless and run 24-27psi so I could try that first but maybe bigger is an option once these tires are roached.

    Anyway my question is without buying and mounting tires just how big can I go in the front and rear and what would be the best tires for this rocky, slick mountain terrain we have in Arizona? Should I stick with Specialized tires?

    Thanks in advance....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camber.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	1177731
    Specialized designed the 27.5 Camber to take 2.6" tires, so it'll fit those for sure. I think I've seen some people fitting 2.8s as well, but I'm not positive and it may be tire-dependant (some 2.8s are bigger than others).

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  79. #4779
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GJmtnbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    75
    Nice looking bike.
    2017 Specialized Camber FSR, 2013 Specialized Secteur Sport

  80. #4780
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for the info, 2.6 would probably be just fine but while I'm going bigger I'd prefer to go to 2.8 if possible, no mud here just rocks so not sure if I can tuck it or not. Maybe someone else will chime in.

    Here is what it came with:

    FRONT TIRE Purgatory, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.3""
    REAR TIRE Ground Control, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.3""

    Probably stick with same style just bigger unless there is a better hard rocky tire they make but from reading the Specialized flavors on their site I don't think so except the Slaughter. Not sure if I would just run that in front and leave the Ground Control in the rear?

    I know dirtbike tires but not MTB so thanks for the info guys.

  81. #4781
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by louisianalouise View Post
    The swat system now incorporates the multi tool into the top of the steer tube, and a chain breaker is situated in steer tube at base (above fork). I couldn't really make out other differences but my LBS has a 2018 s-works camber on the floor. It is red to black fade. It's pretty sweet.
    I have a 2018 Camber Expert 650B and it didn't come with chain breaker that I know of, swat tool yes. Was it supposed to?

  82. #4782
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coleam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by mxwebsites View Post
    Thanks for the info, 2.6 would probably be just fine but while I'm going bigger I'd prefer to go to 2.8 if possible, no mud here just rocks so not sure if I can tuck it or not. Maybe someone else will chime in.

    Here is what it came with:

    FRONT TIREPurgatory, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.3""
    REAR TIRE Ground Control, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.3""

    Probably stick with same style just bigger unless there is a better hard rocky tire they make but from reading the Specialized flavors on their site I don't think so except the Slaughter. Not sure if I would just run that in front and leave the Ground Control in the rear?

    I know dirtbike tires but not MTB so thanks for the info guys.
    There's someone up the thread who has 2.8" Maxxis tires mounted with reasonable clearance. He says they measure in at just under 2.6" though, so a true 2.8 might be a bit tight.

    For tire choice, the Slaughter is rear-specific. It makes a terrible front tire. You can get the stock Purgatory tread in a 3.0, which should fit the fork. For the rear, you could go with a Slaughter 2.8. Apart from Specialized, Maxxis makes a ton of good plus-size offerings.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  83. #4783
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    I like my 2018 Camber Expert 27.5 a lot and thinking about getting another one in a 29 as well to keep at another property. My question is can you convert the 29 to a 27.5+ bike? Also what bike whether its specialized or something else would be the next quickest speedwise (more xc) if I didn't need quite as much suspension? Probably just stick with the camber but curious if I should check into anything else. Currently the 27.5 is for the desert rocky trails and the 29 would be for midwest dirt trails. Although might be better off with a 27.5+ bike for these rocky trail I dunno... then again the 27.5+ might be fun if I decide to ride in the snow. Suggestions???

  84. #4784
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GJmtnbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by mxwebsites View Post
    I like my 2018 Camber Expert 27.5 a lot and thinking about getting another one in a 29 as well to keep at another property. My question is can you convert the 29 to a 27.5+ bike? Also what bike whether its specialized or something else would be the next quickest speedwise (more xc) if I didn't need quite as much suspension? Probably just stick with the camber but curious if I should check into anything else. Currently the 27.5 is for the desert rocky trails and the 29 would be for midwest dirt trails. Although might be better off with a 27.5+ bike for these rocky trail I dunno... then again the 27.5+ might be fun if I decide to ride in the snow. Suggestions???
    For what it's worth, out here in GJ (pretty rocky I would say), most people are running 29ers.
    2017 Specialized Camber FSR, 2013 Specialized Secteur Sport

  85. #4785
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by GJmtnbike View Post
    For what it's worth, out here in GJ (pretty rocky I would say), most people are running 29ers.
    I'm gonna go to 2.6 once the 2.3s wear out so that might gain a little height but I've been riding with all 29s and no one walks me unless I just don't know the trail. Climbing I feel like the 27.5 rips and works great in the tight spots for me so I don't think it matters much in my opinion, the 27.5 I feel like i can throw around and hop stuff where the 29 is more a roll over it kinda style. Both are good either way.

  86. #4786
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    I think only the s-works comes with the chain breaker in the top tube, and multi tool depends on what level you buy.

  87. #4787
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    You might want to look at the SC Tallboy - slack head angle but more of an XC type bike that feels like a trail bike. Itís not a race snake bike like the epic but reviews say it climbs like an xc and descends like a trail. The new version of the womenís Juliana (tallboy with womenís touch points) can switch between 29 and 27.5+ ďin 5 minutesĒ using a flip switch, but youíll need a second wheel set and second fork (27.5+ uses 130mm fork, 29 uses 120mm). Sounds too good to be true!

  88. #4788
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by mxwebsites View Post
    Also what bike whether its specialized or something else would be the next quickest speedwise (more xc) if I didn't need quite as much suspension?
    I have been looking into bying more xc bike the my current camber 29 2016. Didn't like the new epic, because it still have the brain in it. I have been thinking about scott spark. It has same ha, but 100mm travel. I can't test it anywhere to compare.

  89. #4789
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Sorry, for the men it is the SC Hightower that can be 27.5+ or 29. Thatís if you can stomach the boutique brand stigma!

  90. #4790
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by louisianalouise View Post
    You might want to look at the SC Tallboy - slack head angle but more of an XC type bike that feels like a trail bike. Itís not a race snake bike like the epic but reviews say it climbs like an xc and descends like a trail. The new version of the womenís Juliana (tallboy with womenís touch points) can switch between 29 and 27.5+ ďin 5 minutesĒ using a flip switch, but youíll need a second wheel set and second fork (27.5+ uses 130mm fork, 29 uses 120mm). Sounds too good to be true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soihtu View Post
    I have been looking into bying more xc bike the my current camber 29 2016. Didn't like the new epic, because it still have the brain in it. I have been thinking about scott spark. It has same ha, but 100mm travel. I can't test it anywhere to compare.
    Sorry - the Hightower (not the Tallboy) for menís. The Scott Spark is a nice too, but definitely more xc twitchiness akin to the Epic. I myself have an Epic with the brain and 120mm travel, and I love it, but if I could get an expert level camber 29 or above, I would go for it! 100mm is going to be ok depending where you ride, but if you live anywhere with actual mountains, I would definitely try get a little more squish...

  91. #4791
    The Fastest of Bananas
    Reputation: FastBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by mxwebsites View Post
    I have a 2018 Camber Expert 650B and it didn't come with chain breaker that I know of, swat tool yes. Was it supposed to?
    PM me if you are interested in the chain breaker. I have a new in package one that I am not going to use. Retail is 35, I will let it go cheap

  92. #4792
    No talent hack
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,034
    ...
    Last edited by Knight511; 01-27-2018 at 09:39 PM.

  93. #4793
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2
    Just picked up a nearly brand new '16 Camber 29er, cannot wait to go hit the trails!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  94. #4794
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    Thinking about trying some Maxxis Rekon+ 3C MaxxTerra/SilkSheild/EXO TR 27.5" Plus Tires in 2.8 [TB96906500] - 930 grams and going TUBLESS


    Right now I still have the stock tires on WITH TUBES:

    FRONT TIREPurgatory, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.3"" 785 grams
    REAR TIRE Ground Control, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.3"" 740 grams


    Riding rocky single track in the Arizona desert so thinking this might be a good setup for protection and added traction. I believe they will fit on the 2018 27.5 Camber Expert according to some other posts? Main question is will I notice the added weight and has anyone tried these tires? I like to go strava hunting and usually ride pretty fast and moto through the trails so the 2.3s are good but I'm thinking more traction could be a game changer. Some guys say yes some guys say too heavy.... thoughts?

    Maxxis Link: https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Th...res-Guide,1928

  95. #4795
    The Fastest of Bananas
    Reputation: FastBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,695
    I doubt 2.8's will fit well.

    The plus tires are taller as well as wider, which makes it very tight. Fits 29 bikes well.

    You'll notice the plus size, it has a softer kinda ride feel, though supposedly they are just as fast. The grip is very nice, but if you run the pressure required to take full advantage of plus, it can feel squirmy if you are very fast or aggressive.

    This has been beat to death, read any review talking about plus.

  96. #4796
    Glorified Hybrid Owner
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,091
    I have searched and am finding different answers.
    Does anyone know the internal rim width for the Alex XD rims on a 2016 base Camper 650b?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  97. #4797
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by mxwebsites View Post
    Thinking about trying some Maxxis Rekon+ 3C MaxxTerra/SilkSheild/EXO TR 27.5" Plus Tires in 2.8 [TB96906500] - 930 grams and going TUBLESS


    Right now I still have the stock tires on WITH TUBES:

    FRONT TIREPurgatory, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.3"" 785 grams
    REAR TIRE Ground Control, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.3"" 740 grams


    Riding rocky single track in the Arizona desert so thinking this might be a good setup for protection and added traction. I believe they will fit on the 2018 27.5 Camber Expert according to some other posts? Main question is will I notice the added weight and has anyone tried these tires? I like to go strava hunting and usually ride pretty fast and moto through the trails so the 2.3s are good but I'm thinking more traction could be a game changer. Some guys say yes some guys say too heavy.... thoughts?

    Maxxis Link: https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Th...res-Guide,1928
    Can't speak to the Maxxis options (have yet to give them a whirl) but I was on the stock tire config (except 29x2.3) for a while. Ended up upgrading to the Grid casings as i blew through those.

    On a recommendation from LBS, I decided to upsize to 2.6, and also move the purgatory to the rear and install a butcher up front.

    The Purgatory swap is only happening in the next day or so (finally killed the latest Ground Control back there just today) but the 2.6 Butcher up front has been DAMN nice so far.

    FWIW, another AZ rider here. Mostly PMP with random runs thru browns ranch, hawes, and somo.

  98. #4798
    _
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
    I have searched and am finding different answers.
    Does anyone know the internal rim width for the Alex XD rims on a 2016 base Camper 650b?
    I don't know, but I have the same bike, same year and everything. Are the rims/wheels tubeless ready?

  99. #4799
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1

    New question here. Camber 2013 Bearing Change

    Hi all, I've got a 2013 Camber Expert and the 4 bearings in the seat stay are done. 1 in the link is also damaged, but I managed to get it out and replaced it with a new 6800VRS bearing.

    The next two pictures

    Official Specialized Camber Thread-p1070306.jpg

    Official Specialized Camber Thread-p1070307.jpg

    show you the inside and outside view of the pair of 6800RS bearings (stock I think, but I don't know why they didn't use 6800VRS like in the link). So my issue is that I am not able to move them. What I tried is to use a vice and two spacers to push them from the outside to the inside. Didn't work. I thought that the bearing seat is just a through hole. In this case I can push the pair of bearings out in either direction.
    Now I'm wondering whether the bearing seat is actually not a through hole, but there's a taper in the middle. In this case, I'd have to push out each bearing in another direction - the right one to the right, the left one to the left. Wouldn't make much sense because there is already a small spacer between the two bearings, but anyway... I'd be very happy if you have some advice for me.

    Finally, I'd like to know if you are allowed to remove the upper part of the suspended rear, because

    Official Specialized Camber Thread-p1070308.jpg

    the seattube is certainly to wide. I'd have to grap the two threaded ends and bend them slightly to fit past the seattube.

    Cheers!

  100. #4800
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    55

    camber with two water bottles

    Quote Originally Posted by davemk View Post
    Is anyone else hoping Specialized re-makes the Camber into a lightweight XC/Trail crusher? I'm dreaming of a near 2018 epic frame weight (true FSR, no brain), with 110mm rear travel, 67-68 degree HA, 75 degree SA, optimized for a 120mm Fox 34 and a 125mm dropper post. Sub 25 pound total bike weight! I'm 200 lbs and I am in search of a fun 29er with updated geometry that is burly enough that it won't break every time I push hard downhill, but still light enough to race an occasional XC race. There are a lot fun new short travel 29er trail bikes out now (Scott Spark, Tallboy, Pivot 429 trail, and the current Camber) but they all end up weighting at least 27-28 pounds. If I'm going to get a XC bike, it needs to save more than 1-2 lbs vs. my 165mm AM bike.
    I want the same, but with mounts for two water bottles.
    OR a trail epic with 120 front and 110 rear or 110/100.

    I currently have a 2104 camber with a 120 fork and love it. I would just like to break able to have two water bottles on it for long distance events
    Uppo

Members who have read this thread: 364

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.