Page 46 of 119 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2959
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Here's a crappy cell phone pic of my '12 Camber Comp 29er "racked". Mostly stock, Ergon GP2 grips added and bar cut down 2.5". The framed is labeled M4 but according to Specialized the first batch was mis-marked and actually an M5 frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-camber-racked.jpg  

2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    What kind of riding do you do? Those grips look gnarly man... I was thinking of taking off 2" because I get caught on a lot of trees and branches but I wanted to try it out on some flowwy trails first and give these spruce goose bars some time to get used to them. So, How's do ya like the shorter bar with the 2 1/2 off. Do the majority of camber riders get use to them. Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by evnwest View Post
    What kind of riding do you do? Those grips look gnarly man... I was thinking of taking off 2" because I get caught on a lot of trees and branches but I wanted to try it out on some flowwy trails first and give these spruce goose bars some time to get used to them. So, How's do ya like the shorter bar with the 2 1/2 off. Do the majority of camber riders get use to them. Thanks
    I ride signal track and XC, at 55 yo I'm not breaking any records. Those grips are awesome, they spread out pressure on the outside of your hands. Coming from 610mm bars, 720 was way to wide. SE Virginia has a lot of trees. Check out the video below, I'm in the red, first time so the camera wasn't at the right angle. Around the 4 minute mark watch the trees going by, a couple have taken me down. The guy filming is riding '12 Stumpjumper FSR. We both signed out the test bikes and never took them back.

Indian River Park - YouTube
    KHS Fleetwood

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastplace29er View Post
    2013 Camber Comp: 28lbs - 5oz.s

Is this a 29er?

I think my '12 Camber Comp 29er weights in at around 30 lbs. Portly, but fun

2013 Cambers only come in 29.
    26" wheels are dieing off. It's sad if you ask me. 29 offers some advantages for sure, but I still feel there are compromises in the 29 as well as advantages, and some of us don't want that comromise.

Lord Thunderbottom
    Quote Originally Posted by Iridethedirt View Post
    2013 Cambers only come in 29.
    26" wheels are dieing off. It's sad if you ask me. 29 offers some advantages for sure, but I still feel there are compromises in the 29 as well as advantages, and some of us don't want that comromise.
    where did you get this info? thier site doesn't have anything for the 2013 camber

Ohh Gnarly!!
    I found it here...
    2013 Specialized Mountain Bikes Complete Overview & Actual Weights - Bike Rumor
    (About half way down on the page)

I think it's just crazy to think 26ers are on their way out.I guess Specialized didn't think there was a big enough demand for them.I personally think 29er wheels are too big,and would probably look into 650b if I were to try something different.
    Last edited by Cornfield; 07-26-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Fit
    mtbr member
    Glad I got my 26" Camber when I did.
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp
    2009 Giant Yukon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanofChaos View Post
    where did you get this info? thier site doesn't have anything for the 2013 camber
    The 2013 dealer catalog.

I'm just bummed because of the fact that everything is moving so quickly to 29, leaving a large segment of riders to choose something they don't want...
    I don't want a 29" bike, nor do i want a long travel all mountain bike...
    I like the camber 26 because it has 26 inch wheels, just under 5" of travel, and is a great do it all trail bike, i can huck it off some medium sized stuff, occasionally hit a bigger drop, and it is light enough to ride uphill efficiently. It handles the way I like a bike to handle, and that is something almost no 29er can do. larger rotating mass is physics you cannot get around, no matter how you compensate with geometry... it feels heavier, and slower to change direction... 29 offers a lot of benefits if you are a beginner, or you want that extra advantage when racing... But if you ride for fun, and 29s just dont feel as fun.... where does that leave a rider like me?

Ohh Gnarly!!
    where does that leave a rider like me?
    Looking at another brand when its time for a new bike?

I wonder what there going to give out for 26" Camber warranty replacements?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Another Camber Owner Here

Howdy, another Camber owner here. New to the forum but not new to forums in general Been reading for a month, wanted to post and hopefully be able to help where I can as well.

Tried a number of different bikes (mostly Trek and Specialized) from local LBS's, all were good but but the Camber somehow just made me feel at home so i went for it. Bought a 2011 Elite 29er, size M. Been riding it for a few weeks, mostly short local stuff. I've travelled a few times in the past to bike (CAMBA in Wisconsin, couple times to Moab) but with advancing age and a few trips over the handlebars in the past I'm just not that aggressive anymore. Last bike was a Schwinn S-20 (carbon fiber full suspension), that after 14 years I broke the frame.

Other than just saying hi, I figured I'd offer some size info:

Elite 29 size M, as brought home per a digital fish weighing scale was 30lb, 10oz.

Size S vs Size M, I checked the dimensions online and verified them in the store, of note: 1) Since the bottom bracket is the same height off the ground on each, the adjusted saddle position is ultimately the same height off the ground as well. 2) The head tube itself is 20mm shorter on the S, so in a roundabout way the handlebars sit that much lower as well since all other components are the same (although this could be tweaked w/ rearranging the spacers above / below the stem). Not much difference. 3) The distance between the saddle and the head tube is 30mm less on the S. Adjusting the saddle position / stem length on either bike could easily counter this but FYI the S is a little shorter there. 4) The S loses the short horizontal tube at the base of the seatpost, so that frame is likely a little lighter but still the top tube that is there is about the same height as the one on the M with that horizontal piece. In otherwords as far as your nuts hitting something after a crash, the S and M top tubes are the same height off the ground.

I'm planning on a few changes already (note I didn't call them upgrades yet). Seat and post, handlebars, pedals, tires, maybe more for a little bit of weight savings. I'd like to see 28lbs, which I know is do-able from all the reading here. As I start swapping parts and have accurate weight info on the stock stuff and the new stuff I'll post up to add to the general pool of knowledge here.

Thanks for all the information here, hopefully I can add to it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I was concerned about the weight of my '12 comp and ask the LBS about a carbon frame. They said it was not worth the cost, upgrading wheels and tires would be a better bang for the buck
    KHS Fleetwood

Competent User
    I threw some Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29ers on my Camber 29, along with an XT cassette and dropped about 1 1/2 lbs by also going tubeless. It's a much more fun and stiff bike now and I'm under 30 lbs. I absolutely agree with your LBS.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

What replacement shock

Hi,

I have recently bought a 2011 26" camber elite. I'd like to replace the ario rl shock with something else, does anyone have any suggestions?

Also I understand that different shocks have different tunes, what is best for a 12 ish stone rider?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    I threw some Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29ers on my Camber 29, along with an XT cassette and dropped about 1 1/2 lbs by also going tubeless. It's a much more fun and stiff bike now and I'm under 30 lbs. I absolutely agree with your LBS.
    Those wheels are sweet:

Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29er Wheelset 9, 15 and 20mm QR at Price Point
    KHS Fleetwood

Competent User
    They are. I haven't gotten a good picture, but I have the red and white Camber, and got the white rims with the red hubs, and they make the bike look great.

I also paid a lot less than that through Chain Reaction Cycles.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    They are. I haven't gotten a good picture, but I have the red and white Camber, and got the white rims with the red hubs, and they make the bike look great.

I also paid a lot less than that through Chain Reaction Cycles.
    Any problem fitting the rear hub (142+)? Waiting for that picture
    KHS Fleetwood

Competent User
    Any problem fitting the rear hub (142+)? Waiting for that picture
    My rear hub is a standard 135 QR, as is the bike. But they sell a kit to adapt it I think.

Here's a pic. Color's a bit off, taken in the garage at night.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    What are the largest tires I can run on my 2011 Camber Elite 26er?

Competent User
    Better pictures! 2012 Camber 29

Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29er
    F: Maxxis Ardent R: Schwalbe Nobby Nic
    XT Cassette
    Odi Rogue grips
    XT Trail pedals
    Race Face Turbine 3/4 riser bar

Ohh Gnarly!!
    Ahh...Much better Mr.Quint.Nice pics of your Camber in its natural environment.

Nice wheels too!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Brain on 2013 Camber

Why does the Camber not utilize what seems to be an excellent idea on the Epic and Stumpy, the Brain suspension? I really like the idea of the Camber as a great all around bike, but really like the concept of the Brain on the other bikes. Any comments? Would I really miss it? I'm looking to get my first FS bike, coming off a road bike, and wanted a do-all machine for single track, trails, and occasional XC here in the PACNW.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azgoat View Post
    Why does the Camber not utilize what seems to be an excellent idea on the Epic and Stumpy, the Brain suspension? I really like the idea of the Camber as a great all around bike, but really like the concept of the Brain on the other bikes. Any comments? Would I really miss it? I'm looking to get my first FS bike, coming off a road bike, and wanted a do-all machine for single track, trails, and occasional XC here in the PACNW.
    With recent frame designs featuring the rear shock where you can actually reach the switch, most riders prefer the switch options over the limited option brain. Factor in the negatives of additional weight and cost and well, the brain is fading.

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumper61 View Post
    With recent frame designs featuring the rear shock where you can actually reach the switch, most riders prefer the switch options over the limited option brain. Factor in the negatives of additional weight and cost and well, the brain is fading.
    What makes you think the Mini Brain is "fading"? The latest version I rode on a '13 Epic was the best feeling one yet.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    got some Ergons today...lov em...now, to not have to ride singletrail in the midwest.......still not bad though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_9472.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Looking at another brand when its time for a new bike?

I wonder what there going to give out for 26" Camber warranty replacements?
    I'll see what I can find out.

Most likely, they will end up sending out camber 29s to people with legit warranty claims. However you have to remember, only the front triangle is covered, the rear triangle/swing arm is not covered under the warranty.

My frame carries zero warranty though because it was purchased through the specialized "blem" department and as such is considered to be a used frame.

Anyway, gotta get my gear together for a ride tomorrow morning.

Page 46 of 119 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast