Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rjg5
    Nunomaia - thanks for the compliment!

My rear wheel has a bent sidewall now (still rideable). Looking at various wheelset reviews and sites, I'm not getting out under 2100 grams with my $300ish budget. If the stock wheelset is about 1900 (someone mentioned around this site) Very little weight savings available unless I look at the fork.
    There's also these hand built wheels from BWW for under $300. http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com...&productId=153

Total weight 1897g. Total price (including tax & shipping) $280.

Thus far, they are working better than I expected
    The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets. ~Christopher Morley

mtbr member
    hmmm-me needs to rethink my wheelset. I was urged by several, even some on this site, to shy away from 1800 gram wheelsets due to my weight (budget) I did call BWW and email, but I did not hget a response. How long does it take them to build/deliiver?

cougarbait
    Quote Originally Posted by rjg5
    hmmm-me needs to rethink my wheelset. I was urged by several, even some on this site, to shy away from 1800 gram wheelsets due to my weight (budget) I did call BWW and email, but I did not hget a response. How long does it take them to build/deliiver?
    there's "1800g" wheels that would buckle underneath you and there's "1800g" wheels that you'd never bend out of true on a trail bike.

Weight is not a direct measure of strength.
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Azonic outlaws black $300. Looked at crc. Wheels above were $300 pounds covert to us $ and they were $500

cougarbait
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=40780

azonic outlaws are full-on DH/FR wheels. I had a pair. They were like cinder blocks
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    My Camber Comp arrived. It rides like a dream. And it is a gorgeous bike. The anodized gold bits look amazing... now I'm thinking of getting some more gold bling for her. Upgraded on buying: 2bliss tyres, tubeless, xt cassete and deore crankset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-img276.jpg  

Official Specialized Camber Thread-img277.jpg  

Go SOLAR...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdamaster
    there's "1800g" wheels that would buckle underneath you and there's "1800g" wheels that you'd never bend out of true on a trail bike.

Weight is not a direct measure of strength.
    agreed...it's all about the build
    Go Solar...

mtbr member
    I will say the DT wheels that come stock on these SUCK! Unrideable now. I have had a few different bikes from hardtails to full susp and have never had a wheel bend like this. Lambdamaster - thanks for the link, looks like no stock for a month for their factory builds as shown. I looked in the wheel section and see BWW but for the $ am looking at Shimano XT hubs - so we'd still be pushing 2000-2100 grams.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Got a chance to ride a Camber Elite 29'er. I actually preferred it to the Camber 26'er I rode a few weeks ago. I may be considering the 29'er for my next bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny the boy
    the elite only comes in one color combo
    Heya, I know this post is weeks old and was probably the case at the time but the elite comes in 2 colour combo's now well atleast there were 2 options avalible to me here in New Zealand. I just picked up my elite at lunchtime like 3 hours ago and its sitting in my car while im stuck at work! man i can't wait to get home tonight hehe, I'll post up some pics of mine later on but I went for this colour in the Camber elite, it looks awesome, its a bronze'ish and black combo, the rear shock isnt white in Rl though its blck with the roxshox logo on it:

dying hurts.
    that's a European edition....cool combo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Here is my new baby, excuse the crappy camera . I am yet to get it out on a trail but whipping around the block and the flat park down the road it was very nice, Bring on tomorrow!

Camber Elite, I got a medium (I'm 5'11 but seems fine size wise), It's all totally standard currently, the only thing I may do is get a slightly longer stem.

Very happy so far, and would like to thank everyone for helping me come to the camber decision

dying hurts.
    did your medium come with a 75mm stem?
    even though it's sepc'd from specialized with a 90mm stem, the med's i've seen are being shipped with 75mm ones.
    i put a 100mm on mine, and it fits me perfectly at 6' tall...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Yeah it's a 75mm stem by default.

SS'er wannabe...
    My medium came with a 75mm as well. It was way too short. I now have a 110mm on it and it feels perfect.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Here's my Camber Elite - had it for a couple of weeks now and loving it. Came to this from an old HT Giant and cannot believe the difference it makes. Bumpy rooty trails are now my favourite riding, the twisty stuff is so much quicker and the steeper sections dont need a fore thought. I can't believe how much more responsive it is, both through the suspension and the steering although it's taking a bit of getting used too and I have already had a couple of falls, mostly due to not quite being used to having such decent brakes. My only issue is the weight - just over 28lb feels heavy to a girl like me - so planning a few changes to get that down a bit and personalise the bike.

Would definately recommend it to anyone looking for a do-a-bit-of-everything full sus bike. It's made riding so much more fun and I know it's going to help me improve massively.

GotoDengo - it's prob worth mentioning that like BigRuckus missus I choose this over the Myka. It's a better spec for less money and tbh the Myka just didnt fit me - I'm a 5'6 normal sized/shaped girl. I ended up with the medium Camber and bar the standover height not being quite as much as I'd like it's perfect

I Love Lamp
    Johnny
    What were you riding before this? I read before a hardtail 29er. What specifically? Size as well. Why go back to 26 FS? Why not stay 29 FS (I'm aware some think this is unneccessary, but I don't know why)? Thinking about buying this bike.

dying hurts.
    a custom 2009 rockhopper expert, size 19" (always felt a tad big)

...before that, a 26" s-works carbon stumpy

i've never had a 26" fs, so i didn't "go back" to anything.
    a fs 29er is a little too extreme atmo.
    too much going on...29er and fs seems redundant.
    i can definitely tell a difference on the exact same trail going back to the smaller wheels..i rode the 29er for 10 months...handles much better, more nimble and overall a faster bike.

dying hurts.
    scarlett, at 5'6", why in the world did you get a medium??!!

Is it Friday yet?
    Here's my new Comp before I put the pedals on and lost the sticker. Maiden voyage today and she's nice and dirty now. Surprised at the quality of the disc brakes. Still not sure I'm a fan of the Ario...that might be my 1st upgrade. I think she's beautiful.

dying hurts.
    new pedals, 2.3 s-works eskar 2bliss front, 2.2 s-works captain 2bliss rear.

Is it Friday yet?
    Damn Johnny, beautiful bike....how long till the only stock bit is the frame?

dying hurts.
    the brakes, fork and bars are the only thing left stock....

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    Still waay too shiny. Are you riding it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny the boy
    scarlett, at 5'6", why in the world did you get a medium??!!
    Because the small was too small, and the large was too big?

Seriously though, I planned to get a medium Myka but the WS geometry just didn't fit me at all - the medium was far too small and upright and the large too long. My current HT is a 17" Giant and the Camber has a shorter top tube length. The medium Camber feels great and the riding I have done with it so far has made me confident I chose the right bike in the right size.

Also, I believe the Specialized sizing guide for the Camber does say the medium is for 5'6" upwards (I think it's 5'6"-5'11").

ETA - Crap, just realised that it was my OH who was logged in - not me. Do'h... Scarlett!

Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast