Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    Jeez, I wish that would just dawn on me!!

Great avatar by the way. I used to have a completely addicted Golden Retriever Tennis ball fanatic.
    Yeah, once in a while I luck out. Too bad I don't have a set of good 29" wheels and some lighter tires around. I think the bike (and rider) would benefit the most from those.

The avatar is/was my sweetheart Murphy, the smartest dog I've ever had. She was a fairly petite Golden, but she figured out on her own how to carry three tennis balls at once. She was nuts about Frisbees too. One time I tried to mess with her and threw 2 balls then a Frisbee to see what she'd do. She really blew my mind when she flipped the Frisbee over on the ground, dropped the two balls in it, picked it up and brought all three back to me!
    Like too many Goldens nowadays, she got cancer when she was only 5 and we wound having to put her down. That was a real heart breaker and I still get all teary eyed thinking about her. Like now...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The more I see these upgraded Specialized Cambers the more I like them. I rode the 26" version at a demo a while back and I can honestly say that it is an incredible machine. The price point is attractive as well. It feels more relaxed than the Epic which is what I am looking for. Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on a 2012 if money permits this year.

mtbr member

New question here. How do I get ride of these stains??!!!

Local mud near Mt. Diablo CA. I've washed many times and tried rubbing compound but no use.
    Any ideas??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-dsc08222.jpg  

But even a lousy downhill run is better than a day in the office!
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

mtbr member
    Bleach maybe?

JRA
    Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. But test a small spot first, it can dull clear coat.
    --If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I use comet

mtbr member
    I don't know how mud can stain a painted and clear coated part like that. I'm glad I don't drive through that Mt. Diablo mud in my white car!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Can the Camber Comp run 2.5 Nevegals? I'm looking at building a wider wheelset with XT hubs and Sun Rhyno rims but I'm concerned about tire clearance.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I run a 2.2 icon exo in the rear and I wouldn't say it's tight, but there is not a ton of room left. I think 2.5 would be really pushing it on the rear, may not fit whatsoever...

You should be able to pull it off in the front, and squeeze a 2.3 out back, maybe a 2.4

mtbr member
    2.5 is huuuge. Even if you could, that stuff is for DH and hucking. Trust me, you'll be just fine with a good 2.3-2.4 and a wider rim. I've got Kenda Excavators (2.35) on 28mm rims for my Enduro SL and LOVE IT.

*PS, get Excavators instead of Nevegals. Roll noticeably better. Smoother transition. Grip at least as well, probably better.

JRA
    Quote Originally Posted by tnevaneb View Post
    Can the Camber Comp run 2.5 Nevegals? I'm looking at building a wider wheelset with XT hubs and Sun Rhyno rims but I'm concerned about tire clearance.
    That would be a tight fit. If you want to try it, I would buy them from someplace that would allow a return.

I take it your not going for speed or lightweight? That combo will add a good pound to each end of the bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuckus View Post
    Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. But test a small spot first, it can dull clear coat.
    x2 on the Magic Eraser. Thing can take little surface rust spots out of metal.

Regarding the dulling of clear coat just hit it afterwards with a buffer and some wax. Restores the clear coat.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by larlev View Post
    Ya man....I can't believe they would put those brakes on that bike. Sometimes specialized really disappoints. The camber looks good at $1650, reality is..it's really closer to $1900 due to immediate need for brakes..etc.
    You might be able to adjust the pads in closer. Look up the "business card" adjustment and see if it will work for those. The thickness of a bus. card is what you want to see between rotor and pads.
    i dont know what morons you've had set up your bike/ brakes but ive been on my camber for 3 months and my dracos are very precise and responsive the only thing they lack is on the fly lever adjustment like the elixir levers but i mean its only the cheapest price point that they come on

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    can anyone suggest a good head set and stem for my camber comp looking to save weight yet need durability

Semi-Hairless Sasquatch
    2.5 should fit up front w/ no issues, however as mentioned, the rear probably won't fit. 2.4 MK fit on the rear w/o issues, 2.4 TK is really close and leaves very little clearance.

Now that it's dried out a bit I'm running TK 2.4 F and 2.2 R and loving it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Who else out there has pictures?

mtbr member
    Can anyone tell me how the rear shocks are holding up? Ride quality? I'm thinking of upgrading soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwhitt1981 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how the rear shocks are holding up? Ride quality? I'm thinking of upgrading soon.
    if your gunna grab one spend a little more and get the expert with the fox triad the ario on the elite and comps are ok but something with dampening is a little nicer i think im gunna put the monarh plus rc3 on my comp

mtbr member
    the only problem is elite is about as high as I can go.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Already had to have my lbs send my fox shock off. it sounded like a can of marbles

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    the only problem is elite is about as high as I can go.
    the ario isnt a bad shock just lacks compression adj im on a comp and still riding the ario and it soaks up very well i keep the psi a little higher than recommended

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by allenfstar View Post
    the ario isnt a bad shock just lacks compression adj im on a comp and still riding the ario and it soaks up very well i keep the psi a little higher than recommended
    Cool thanks. How are the brakes on the comp?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Cool thanks. How are the brakes on the comp?
    ive seen alot of people *****ing but ive had no problems with mine the elixers are a nicer brake and come with a better rotor

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yeah, seems like alot of people are having issues with their brakes and havent had any issues with my expert

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Those green stickers really bug the hell out of me!!! I can't even believe they would have them on that bike...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrepeau View Post
    x2 on the Magic Eraser. Thing can take little surface rust spots out of metal.

Regarding the dulling of clear coat just hit it afterwards with a buffer and some wax. Restores the clear coat.
    Comet - negative.
    Bleach - nope.
    Mr. Clean - nah.

WTF!? I may look to some automotive rubbing compounds next.
    But even a lousy downhill run is better than a day in the office!
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ds33gt View Post
    Those green stickers really bug the hell out of me!!! I can't even believe they would have them on that bike...
    Yeah, I just ride the pee out of the thing. Not to big of a color scheme freak

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Few new parts and up grades on my expert. That I have done in the last few weeks
    XTR rear derailleur, SLX cranks, Elixir R SL brakes, clean sweep XX rotors with ti bolts and Crank Brothers Joplin. Iím having too much fun with this thing!!!

mtbr member
    May 2011

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    did you stick with the 3 ring primary? do you notice any difference in the rear derailer?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Got a few hundred $ for upgrades on my Elite 29'r. Taking suggestions on where I should start. I am thinking cassette, bars, seat post and saddle, but I am open to suggestions.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmason View Post
    did you stick with the 3 ring primary? do you notice any difference in the rear derailer?
    I have a 2 ring primary now and yes I feel the different with the derailleur.Its the mid cage. Smother and last slap. That is the only problem I have had with the bike is the chain drop.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bskins View Post
    Got a few hundred $ for upgrades on my Elite 29'r. Taking suggestions on where I should start. I am thinking cassette, bars, seat post and saddle, but I am open to suggestions.
    carbon bars are a good start i upgraded to the easton haven carbon, and got the remote lock out for the front fork

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Pretty fancy new 2012's, kinda surprised with the carbon models, figured they'd keep them to the epics. Only "real" difference now will be brain vs. no brain for 2012. I'm sure the carbon pro will be over 5k!!! xx components, Fox rp23, fox rlc, carbon frame.....

Went to a tapered headtube, but still open dropouts w/ OS endcaps, not bad, but would just rather the "real deal" 15mm thru-axle setup....

Bump to 110mm travel front/rear as well for 29ers, 26ers stay at 120, maybe there using a standard 2.0 stroke shock, ditching the proprietary BS

mtbr member
    It's a sweet bike for sure and I'd love to ride one, but man, there's no chance in heck that I'll ever own a $6500 bike. Not unless I won the lottery or give up any dream of retiring in a few years. I guess living with the tanked Michigan economy for so long changes your perspective, but it amazes me that there are that many people out there who could spend that much on a bike.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

mtbr member
    Pretty fancy new 2012's, kinda surprised with the carbon models, figured they'd keep them to the epics. Only "real" difference now will be brain vs. no brain for 2012. I'm sure the carbon pro will be over 5k!!! xx components, Fox rp23, fox rlc, carbon frame.....

Went to a tapered headtube, but still open dropouts w/ OS endcaps, not bad, but would just rather the "real deal" 15mm thru-axle setup....

Bump to 110mm travel front/rear as well for 29ers, 26ers stay at 120, maybe there using a standard 2.0 stroke shock, ditching the proprietary BS
    Do you know if there will be a carbon 29er version?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I believe 10 camber models total, 3 or which are carbon 29ers. I'll have to double check to make sure that's right correct, but that's what I remembered....

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Anyone know if Specialized going to launch Camber Carbon 26er?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    thinking of getting a camber also....just wanna ask for suggestions on which size should i get? iam 5'8"...thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by difflock120 View Post
    thinking of getting a camber also....just wanna ask for suggestions on which size should i get? iam 5'8"...thanks
    im 5'8" and ride a 26" med the 29" med felt too big

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Does the 2011 or 2012 Camber use a standard size rear shock? (No proprietary mounting hardware, through hole, etc)

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Allenfstar--I think you be fine on a medium or you could even ride a small with a bit longer stem, I never rode a small, large was def too big.

B52doc-- it's proprietary 1.9 x 2.0, however a 2.0 will fit with no issues, it will give you bit more travel actually or you can run the 2.0 with a spacer from Push. Not sure how running a 2.0 would affect future warranty work for you...

I'm not really a fan of the triad and have had a few problems with them. The latest has been good tho, and I don't want to spend 300+ on a new shock, plus the triad isn't in demand like the rp23 or monarch so you'll be lucky to get anything for it. More or less a if it isn't broke don't fix it kinda deal!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks for the reply! I was curious because I am looking at a Camber for my brother and I have a Monarch laying around with no home.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Allenfstar--I think you be fine on a medium or you could even ride a small with a bit longer stem, I never rode a small, large was def too big.

B52doc-- it's proprietary 1.9 x 2.0, however a 2.0 will fit with no issues, it will give you bit more travel actually or you can run the 2.0 with a spacer from Push. Not sure how running a 2.0 would affect future warranty work for you...

I'm not really a fan of the triad and have had a few problems with them. The latest has been good tho, and I don't want to spend 300+ on a new shock, plus the triad isn't in demand like the rp23 or monarch so you'll be lucky to get anything for it. More or less a if it isn't broke don't fix it kinda deal!!
    my 26" camber is a med the 29er felt too bulky in the med frame but 29ers arent really my thing anyway

mtbr member
    Any word on the 2012 Camber 29er prices?

mtbr member

B52doc-- it's proprietary 1.9 x 2.0.
    Not true. Where are you getting that? All cambers, 2011's at least, have 7.875x2.0 shocks, which is a standard size. Stumpy stroke is 1.9. Cambers are one of the few entry level FS bikes that have standard shock sizes... pretty ironic. Fuel EX6/7/8, Trance Xx, etc, now have proprietary shock sizes.

1.9x2.0? You get more stroke than the entire length of the shock?

JRA
    The Camber 29ers shock is 7.875x1.9. I'm guessing that is what they are referring to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuckus View Post
    The Camber 29ers shock is 7.875x1.9. I'm guessing that is what they are referring to.
    In metric, that must be a 200 x 50mm, a common size.

Genius_rider
    Sep 2010

Camber 650b conversion

Has anyone converted a 26" Specialized Camber to 650b? If so, what has been the result and what did you use to make the conversion.

I have searched the 650b forum for Camber conversions with no results and posted a question as well, but so far, no replies.