Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2845
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Bonking ... not feelin' well Mystery washers after taking apart suspension.

I just took apart the required suspension linkages to service the shock on my 2013 Camber Comp (Monarch RL). I only removed 3 suspension pivot screws: 1x top shock pivot screw, and 2x yoke pivot screws.

My question... I have 2x black washers that are slightly bigger, and 2x silver washers that are a bit smaller and thinner than the black ones. Where do these 4 washers go?

I've got all published Specialized manuals for this model/year bike, but there are no exploded schematics or assembly guides.

Thanks in advance,
    Fefillo

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mdutcher View Post
    2014 Camber Carbon EVO baby! It is bad to the bone. Quickly got it home and took it out for a quick hit on the trail. It is night and day different over my 2012 Camber. I am super excited for it!

Attachment 910269

I really wish you hadn't said that.
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lastplace29er View Post
    I remember telling people the same thing when I bought my Camber (not Evo). I actually test rode a 2012 Camber on the trails and liked it a lot... when the time came to actually put the money on the table, I found out the 2013 model was available, so I went with the 2013 Camber to get the new rear end. It was a night and day difference. The 2012 has a "stiffer" or "firmer" feeling rear end. The 2013 redesign feels more active, or I think some say more plush. It is NOT pogo-like in the way the the big brother Stumpjumper FSR can be (especially for a bigger rider like me), it just feels more well planted.

Is it worth ditching the old design and dropping more money? I don't think so. I think money would be better spent on an upgraded rear shock (like a Monarch RT3 or Fox Kashima) and a Pike up front... but that is just me.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    I now want to test a camber with the yoke now just to feel the difference for myself. Just Swapping an RP23 in place of my triad was a noticeable difference.
    2012 camber carbon for sale.
    Norco range on way.

mtbr member
    The shock and link and rear triangle are available for seperate purchase on any recent year model that you could upgrade without a whole new frame.

mtbr member
    Hey guys I noticed on my 2013 camber comp the crank arm says BB30, but when you look at the specs on the website page it says PF30, are they the same thing? I was thinking of replacing mine because they dont spin real freely and was not sure what to order.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Any idea why Specialized offers the Brain rear shock on several high-end Stumpjumper FSRs but not on any of the Cambers. The Brain rear shock seems like a much better shock to spec on a XC/Trail bike like the Camber rather the the FSR Trail bike.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    To address the last 4 posts:

1. The difference was very noticeable from the Triad to the new swing arm. It may or may not be with the upgraded shock. You also may like the feel of the old vs the new. It is a pretty subjective thing.

2. I would be hard pressed to believe that you that the rear swing arm is a straight swap, BUT if it is, that would be pretty cool. Although I don't know how much a complete swing arm assembly cost to even venture a guess at whether or not it is cost effective.

3. PF30 really means PFBB30. PF30 and BB30 cranks are interchangeable. The bottom bracket bearings are different.

4. No Brain on Cambers. I would take a shot at saying, "Because it doesn't need it." Hear me out. The Epic is the hardcore racing bike. It is suppose to be a firm pedaling XC racing machine. Anything to help in that pursuit helps. The high end Stumpys have the Brain as well. The Stumpy is a pretty squishy pedaling bike. Although I think the CTD shocks would be just fine for the climbing, the Brain just allows you to not think about flipping a switch. In my experience with Stumpys, they NEED something to help pedaling uphill. The Camber is kind of the Goldilocks of the brand. It is a good pedaling platform (so long as you maintain good pedaling habits), so it doesn't need the Brain to aid in climbing. It is also more of a trail bike than it is a XC racing machine. It doesn't really need every bit of speed it can have. No to mention, it also keep the prices down some what.... and yearly maintenance is easier and cheaper (Brain shocks CANNOT be rebuilt at a bike shop, they must be sent in with a multi-week turn around time).

FWIW, I wanted the Stumpy FSR Elite when I decided to get my Camber. I liked ALL OF THE SPECS of the SJ-FSR Elite on paper..... the ride was a different story. I just liked the ride of the Camber more... it just fit my riding style and terrain much better.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    I have a bent rear triangle and got a price quote of about 300 bucks for all new M5 alum triangle which is made of two halfs which cost about 150 each. The link is also available for around 70 bucks as is the shock of your choice.

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Camber Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
    The shock and link and rear triangle are available for seperate purchase on any recent year model that you could upgrade without a whole new frame.
    I have tried to get part numbers from a local bike shop with no success. I called last year in the summer, if I could get the part numbers, I would have them priced out and make the decision. I would prefer the evo version, every mm helps.
    Norco range on way.

mtbr member
    I will get the part numbers for mine if you like but they are model specific.
    Best way to find out is call Specialized and tell them you bent yours and need a replacement. They offer crash discounts often too. But they wont deny your order, from my recent experiance.

mtbr member
    I would think I would require new link and hardware, yoke,and rear triangle. Anything else comes to mind?
    Norco range on way.

mtbr member
    The Ano bolts for the links are sold separate for near 70 bucks

mtbr member
    Lot of money for bolts, would be nice to have access to a wrecked bike in a perfect world.

mtbr member
    I also wish they sold a seperate fact9/10 Carbon frame but they only sell the fact11 and for a super high price of 4500 bucks. Pfft.

mtbr member
    I have considered picking up a used carbon bike for its frame to integrate with my gear but get worried about how bad the owner beat on it.

What's up Dut?
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lastplace29er View Post
    Ha! Sorry dude.

I now have 2 good rides on the new EVO camber. I am digging it. Now, like some of you have noted already. Is it worth the extra $$$$ to upgrade bikes? I came from a 2012 Camber Comp (with some decent upgrades already) to this EVO. It was a lot of money for sure. Did I need it? Nah. But I wanted it.

My bike now weighs under 26lbs and that is with the heavy stock wheels. The RS Pike is a very nice upgrade and feels awesome on the trails. The bike just handles completely different to me. Will it make me a little better or faster? I certainly hope so. I think that with the improved linkage and 120mm of travel over the 110 it is giving me more confidence. The bike is certainly not holding me back.

I love it! Can't wait for our super long ride tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    I would like to ride the two back to back, I expect the pike to be the game changer.

mtbr member
    Don't forget the pike isnt a light weight fork like the SID\Reba 120 its usually matched with. It can change the bike weight noticably.
    Regardless I love my 2014 Revelation 150 which weighs the same as the pike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I was trying to wait for the 2015 Camber Comp, but the brakes failed on my old GT XCR2000. I didn't really want to spend much money on such an old bike, so decided new was the way to go... Nearly bought a base model 2014 camber, but the comp seemed like a worthy upgrade... I know the specs on the 2015 look better, but my LBS here in Canada said i may be waiting till september for those models... Didn't want to wait so i bought the 2014 camber comp for $2300 CAD. Seems like a good deal.. Opinions?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Anyone change their Formula C1 brakes over to XT's - and how much did it cost?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I changed my front brake from formula to XT. I changed the whole system including the rotor. I think the total was about $230 for the front.

mtbr member
    2014 Camber Comp is awesome. Can't go wrong there even for 2300.

XT brakes are on sale now for killer prices. Look around man. Now is the time.

Some say the Zee brakes are the best because they weigh and cost same as XT but they can break much better than an XT set.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    DO you know someone how long is the steerer in 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Evo 29er?
    thanks in advice

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Camber Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoul View Post
    DO you know someone how long is the steerer in 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Evo 29er?
    thanks in advice
    Depends on the size.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...evo29#geometry

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast