Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2720
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Stone0207 View Post
    Guys..just wanted to ask if your Camber is indeed your do-it-all bike or if you have other bikes for heavier terrain as well?

I want to trade in my 2011Stumpy Elite for a 29er and can't decide between a Stumpy Comp Carbon and Camber Comp Carbon..I am really torn and just do not want to be upset having chosen less travel.

For at least 75% of my riding the Camber would be perfectly fine I'd guess...just wondering if I really need the reserves a Stumpy would offer..HELP !!
    Honestly you'll probably be better off with the Camber, but I'd go for the Camber Evo. It'll still be a snappy bike, but you do get 10mm extra travel. Also you could install a Cane Creek angle set headset to give the top tube a little more slack. I may be a little biased though, owning a Camber Comp myself. Do love the bike though!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Official Specialized Camber Thread

I am pretty dialed in on Carbon this time. And the expert model with 120mm is way above budget. I read about removin spacers from the Fox forks to increaee travel. Possible on the 2014 camber Carbon comp fork as well? Will maybe contact Fox customer support to find out...

mtbr member
    I've seen the Camber handle some pretty decent drops and knocks, but there was a fairly light weight rider in the saddle. Unless you're constantly hitting drops 3' or more it should handle your ride. Unless you're a Clydesdale, and you're riding some enduro type trails, then you might want to rethink the Camber. I'm 6'3" at 245lbs and it's handled everything I've rode it through, but I hardly every hit anything more then a 2.5' drop.

mtbr member
    BTW, I'm riding the Camber Comp Carbon 2014 XL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-1384735073373.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Exactly the feedback I am looking for. And exactly the ride I am looking at...in white colour though. Thx Dusty Trails

ps I am around 80kgs with gear what equals 177 lbs

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    1st Post
    1st new mountain bike (2014 Camber Comp, gray)
    1st trail ride on my new Camber was yesterday
    1st time riding a 29er
    1st crash (nothing serious)
    1st time getting *****ed at by my wife for being out too late on my bike

Loving it!!!

handlebars feel wide, though.

Fishing/ Biking
    Most trails the Camber will be fine for. You can take it down some pretty serious stuff and it holds up fine. You just lose a little speed on the more rocky bigger drop trails. Here at Bootleg Canyon in Las Vegas, NV we have crazy rocky trails, big drops, steep G outs and my Camber has rocked some SERIOUS trails. I want more travel and a little more slack on the head angle to help me get over some of the bigger rocks in the trail and keep more speed down some of the steeper stuff. But in stock form, the Camber still rocks! Climbs great and is VERY capable downhill.
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

mtbr member
    Exactly the feedback I am looking for. And exactly the ride I am looking at...in white colour though. Thx Dusty Trails

ps I am around 80kgs with gear what equals 177 lbs
    You haven't really divulged what type of trail the other 25% would be. I would image it being fine, but....Anyway if you get the Camber the only thing I would do is, especially at your weight, is upgrade to a carbon wheel set if your budget allows. To me it's the only thing that could dramatically improve the bike. Not that I've found anything wrong with the stock wheels. A better rim and hub is on my short list of upgrades for it, but I'm right on the weight limit line for carbon wheel set. I'm thinking Mavic Crossmax SLR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedlucky2 View Post
    1st Post
    1st new mountain bike (2014 Camber Comp, gray)
    1st trail ride on my new Camber was yesterday
    1st time riding a 29er
    1st crash (nothing serious)
    1st time getting *****ed at by my wife for being out too late on my bike

Loving it!!!

handlebars feel wide, though.
    You will get used to the bars,I thought the same thing but now I love them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike&Fish View Post
    Most trails the Camber will be fine for. You can take it down some pretty serious stuff and it holds up fine. You just lose a little speed on the more rocky bigger drop trails. Here at Bootleg Canyon in Las Vegas, NV we have crazy rocky trails, big drops, steep G outs and my Camber has rocked some SERIOUS trails. I want more travel and a little more slack on the head angle to help me get over some of the bigger rocks in the trail and keep more speed down some of the steeper stuff. But in stock form, the Camber still rocks! Climbs great and is VERY capable downhill.
    I love doing downhills on this bike, im faster than my nephew and hes riding a salsa horsethief. and even better is I blow him away going back up them...lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jammin View Post
    Here's my 1x10 using a wolfs tooth components 30 tooth ring. I have 450 miles on my setup and it works great, Haven't missed my little ring yet either.

Attachment 844680
    Would this one work with "104" bolt spacing? 2012 camber comp 29er I'm going with 32 teeth.

Wolf Tooth Drop Stop Narrow/Wide Chainring 104 BCD Black | Wolf Tooth | Brand | www.PricePoint.com
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lastplace29er View Post
    Would this one work with "104" bolt spacing? 2012 camber comp 29er I'm going with 32 teeth.

Wolf Tooth Drop Stop Narrow/Wide Chainring 104 BCD Black | Wolf Tooth | Brand | www.PricePoint.com
    Never mind I figured it out, the 104 will work.
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I posted this in the warranty thread as well, but has anyone seen any issues with their cambers and the routing of the rear derailleur cable rubbing a grove into their bottom bracket? Bought my bike new in 2010 Camber Expert. No mods or updates other than gripsOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-photo.jpg

mtbr member
    Looks like damage from metal rubbing. I would suspect a maintenance issue first. An undamaged cable likely couldn't cause damage like the that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    The cable is undamaged and is not showing through the cable casing

mtbr member
    Curious

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Official Specialized Camber Thread

Guys...had the chance to ride the camber past weekend and loved it! I am about to place my order now.
    Issue is that I am not 100% sure which model and would like to ask you for opinions.
    There is either Comp Carbon for 3199 EUR or the brandnew Carbon Elite (you might have to change country on the Speci site to Germany as it seems to be not listed for the US...) for 4199. If I take off the discount I am getting there remains a difference of 850 EUR in stock config.
    On the Comp I would immediately add a KS Lev Integra plus XT brakes which cuts down the difference to 355 EUR.

For this (only) 355 more the Elite has a Fox Performance BV damper (over evolution), the RS revelation fork (again over Fox CTD Evolution), carbon cranks, XTR rear derailleur (over XT), Roval Control trail rims (over the regular roval 29s?).
    I would however prefer the Lev over the Command post - but hey, wouldn't all the other parts justify the Elite rather than an upgraded Comp?

What would you do?

Thanks

Merendon Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by mkasner View Post
    I posted this in the warranty thread as well, but has anyone seen any issues with their cambers and the routing of the rear derailleur cable rubbing a grove into their bottom bracket? Bought my bike new in 2010 Camber Expert. No mods or updates other than gripsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	889405
    The same thing happened to my camber. The cable seems to go tight there from repeated suspension actuation and then it starts rubbing. Brake and shifter housing will quickly eat through aluminum. Luckily I caught the issue early and sticked some helicopter tape on the area.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkasner View Post
    I posted this in the warranty thread as well, but has anyone seen any issues with their cambers and the routing of the rear derailleur cable rubbing a grove into their bottom bracket? Bought my bike new in 2010 Camber Expert. No mods or updates other than gripsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	889405
    Your cable needs more slack in it. I had the same issue on my '12 camber 29er. Luckily someone here pointed it out to me early, and I was able to fix it before my rub got as bad as yours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Camber Thread-809535d1371749636-what-tools-crank-bb-removal-2012-camber-29er-fsr-cable.jpg  

I think I'm not as good as I thought.

mtbr member
    Official Specialized Camber Thread-11.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-12.jpgOfficial Specialized Camber Thread-13.jpg
    Even at 30 I still look at where the street curb meets the corner and think "Mini Ramp"!

mtbr member
    Guys...had the chance to ride the camber past weekend and loved it! I am about to place my order now.
    Issue is that I am not 100% sure which model and would like to ask you for opinions.
    There is either Comp Carbon for 3199 EUR or the brandnew Carbon Elite (you might have to change country on the Speci site to Germany as it seems to be not listed for the US...) for 4199. If I take off the discount I am getting there remains a difference of 850 EUR in stock config.
    On the Comp I would immediately add a KS Lev Integra plus XT brakes which cuts down the difference to 355 EUR.

For this (only) 355 more the Elite has a Fox Performance BV damper (over evolution), the RS revelation fork (again over Fox CTD Evolution), carbon cranks, XTR rear derailleur (over XT), Roval Control trail rims (over the regular roval 29s?).
    I would however prefer the Lev over the Command post - but hey, wouldn't all the other parts justify the Elite rather than an upgraded Comp?

What would you do?

Thanks
    If your spending that much just go for this one and call it a day Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Camber Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    If your spending that much just go for this one and call it a day Specialized Bicycle Components
    I concur. I considered the Evo but wasn't sure about the 1x11 system and I didn't want to spend the extra $3000 on something that may not have worked for me. After riding the Comp Carbon I don't think that the 1x11 would have gave me problems, but I also don't think that the extra 10mm of travel would have done me much good. So I'm happy with the bike I got and the extra $3000 in my pocket. On the other hand if you're got a $6000 budget for a bike I think it would be hard to find a better one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Anyone else having problems with vibration from the brakes on the Camber? I know the stumpy has been having problems, but just wondering if you guys are being effected on the Camber as well.

mtbr member
    I've been lucky. 2 Cambers and both had good brakes. The only noise I hear is a little squeal when I've been riding through slop.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by themtbcat View Post
    Anyone else having problems with vibration from the brakes on the Camber? I know the stumpy has been having problems, but just wondering if you guys are being effected on the Camber as well.
    Yes. I have a strong vibration from the rear brake on my alu camber evo. Adjusting the caliper took some of it away but it's still there. I'll see what my LBS will suggest.

Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast