mtbr member
    May 2012

Not happy with my '12 Stumpy Comp

So I'm not particularly happy with my Stumpy. So I'm looking to sell. It has about 200 or so miles on it. There's a swap sale coming up at my lbs and was just looking for some advice on where to price it.

Also any other good ways to sell it? Since I'm not completely happy with it, I feel I should get rid of sooner rather than later and get as much money as I can for it, to go towards a new bike.

So any feedback would help..
    thanks!

Forgot to say, its a 2012 Stumpjumper Comp HT 29.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbcville View Post
    So I'm not particularly happy with my Stumpy. So I'm looking to sell. It has about 200 or so miles on it. There's a swap sale coming up at my lbs and was just looking for some advice on where to price it.

Also any other good ways to sell it? Since I'm not completely happy with it, I feel I should get rid of sooner rather than later and get as much money as I can for it, to go towards a new bike.

So any feedback would help..
    thanks!

Forgot to say, its a 2012 Stumpjumper Comp HT 29.
    Sad to say the second you walked out of the bike shop it dropped in value $1000 mainly because of the non warranty to second buyer.If its in excellent condition that's good starting point...
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    It was about $2000 new correct? If it really looks like new, to me you can get $1200-$1400 for it but only to a v. discerning buyer who knows what they are looking at. I would go craigs and ebay. You also may get a trade at the shop you got it from towards another bike.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

O.C.C. member

mtbr member
    mtbcville - Sent you a PM
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Why aren't you happy with it?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by qdawgg View Post
    mtbcville - Sent you a PM
    Haven't received anything yet.

And I'm unhappy with the bike because I can't seem to get comfortable on it. Which is weird, because when demoing bikes it seemed to be the best fit. But this isn't the case, I've had a pro fit done and it didn't help too much. I've changed grips, stems, and still nothing. I guess, I just want to go with a bike that's going to be better for everyday trail riding, then racing. Because its great for the occasional race I do, but I do more trail riding than racing.

And I also have issues with my hands on the bike. No matter what I try my hands hurt a lot while riding. So much so that it's at that point where I hesitate to go ride. And I don't want to have hesitation when I'm going to go out and ride.

Thanks for the feedback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbcville View Post
    Haven't received anything yet.

And I'm unhappy with the bike because I can't seem to get comfortable on it. Which is weird, because when demoing bikes it seemed to be the best fit. But this isn't the case, I've had a pro fit done and it didn't help too much. I've changed grips, stems, and still nothing. I guess, I just want to go with a bike that's going to be better for everyday trail riding, then racing. Because its great for the occasional race I do, but I do more trail riding than racing.

And I also have issues with my hands on the bike. No matter what I try my hands hurt a lot while riding. So much so that it's at that point where I hesitate to go ride. And I don't want to have hesitation when I'm going to go out and ride.

Thanks for the feedback.
    I have really bad hands and wrists broke both wrists and most of my fingers at one point or another. I use Ergon grips and they help immensely, With regular grips I would be hurting after a half hour...
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

MTBR Member since 2001...
    mtbcville,
    I am also surprised to hear this. My '11 stumpy is one, if not thee most comfortable to ride bikes I have ever owned. I purchased a medium. 5'10, 190, 31 in inseam. Like Rakuman I use an ergo grip on all my bikes.

It took me about two or thress rides to get everything dialed in. Seat position, height, etc. I'm sure you know that comfort goes beyond this. It's also correct posture and strength in the different muscle groups we all use when we ride. I'm not going to try and tell you what's best for you since you know what that is, but am sorry to hear you're selling. I've purchased 3 specialized bikes this year. 2 for myself and and 1 for the girlfriend. We absolutely love them.
    '11 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    '08 GT Force 3
    Giant
    Moto
    Trek
    Others

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsports View Post
    mtbcville,
    I am also surprised to hear this. My '11 stumpy is one, if not thee most comfortable to ride bikes I have ever owned. I purchased a medium. 5'10, 190, 31 in inseam. Like Rakuman I use an ergo grip on all my bikes.

It took me about two or thress rides to get everything dialed in. Seat position, height, etc. I'm sure you know that comfort goes beyond this. It's also correct posture and strength in the different muscle groups we all use when we ride. I'm not going to try and tell you what's best for you since you know what that is, but am sorry to hear you're selling. I've purchased 3 specialized bikes this year. 2 for myself and and 1 for the girlfriend. We absolutely love them.
    I think he has a HT ans you have a FS, that could be the reason.

MTBR Member since 2001...
    Quote Originally Posted by chmura View Post
    I think he has a HT ans you have a FS, that could be the reason.
    I guess that could be it. The ride and stance of my bike is particularly good. I moved to FS in 2001 and never looked back. I am in the market for a 29er now. I'm thinking Tallboy, but don't have the budget currently.
    '11 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    '08 GT Force 3
    Giant
    Moto
    Trek
    Others