Thread: New Stumpy 29er

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

New Stumpy 29er

Spec. has a 29er Stumpjumper at Sea Otter. Pictures are on Cyclingnews. Here's the link.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...r_207/P1130762

I guess the official announcement isn't too far off.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    It looks terrible.

You need the 8" rotors to complete the image.
    Riding and loving it

Peace Coast Style
    Yeah, looks weird with tiny rotors in that picture. Maybe its just that angle. I'm not a huge 29'er fan personally but that isn't the best of looking ones that I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

Specialized Rida
    Looks pretty cool to me. I'm not a 29'er fan myself also, but it doesn't look bad.

mtbr member
    It would have been even sweeter if they paired it with that new fox 29er fork...

Boulder, CO
    It will look better when they slap their AFR and Brain on. I think the 29 revolution isn't a fad. I almost wish I had a waited a year for the Enduro to go 29. Then again, I'm really having too much fun with my 26er.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I don't think the Enduro will never go 29er, with six inches of travel + 29er wheels = ridiculously high handle bars, bottom bracket, and center of mass.

Boulder, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by ensv
    I don't think the Enduro will never go 29er, with six inches of travel + 29er wheels = ridiculously high handle bars, bottom bracket, and center of mass.
    I hope you are right. I'd be disappointed if this geometry lasts only a year.

I agree with your comments. I feel like I'm on a horse when I ride this bike, and this horse is getting better at plowing over obstacles every week.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I kind of like it. I have a 06' Stumpy HT and I just purchased my first 29er. I can tell you from first hand experience that I will never go back to a 26. For my riding style the 29er is great.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    There was a really cool set of pictures of the black StumpJumper M5 29er with the new Mavic Crossmax UST wheels floating around on the 29er forum. Can't find it for some reason. Anyway, it looked cool.

Specialized is late to the party, and their people were saying for the past couple years that they would never build a 29er, but thats water under the bridge now. Here in MI, 29ers are really taking off. The big races are being won by the big wheels here all the time

Post those black M5/Crossmax pics if anyone spots them .

Found them, but my memory has failed - the Crossmax 29er wheels were actually photographed on the Niner J.E.T 9 . Anyway, follow this link for the Anodized black M5 29er:
    http://twentynineinches.com/page/2/