mtbr member

"New Specialized disc, 4x-sealed cartridge bearing" Can I see a clear pic ?

Can we see a pic of this famous "New Specialized disc, 4x-sealed cartridge bearing, 12mm thru-axle, 32h" hub ? Both of my LBS urged me not to worry much ahead of time about this new hub as it's going to be completely different than the old dreadful HiLo. Do I trust them ? Maybe. Do I trust Specialized entry level wheels and hubs ? Not at all.
    Can some of you 2013 Stumperisti Comp or Elite owners post a pic of the hub ? I think it may be a valuable information or curiosity for the rest of us soon to be owners.
    Last edited by Devastazione; 09-06-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Thirsty
    I'd be glad to post a pic of my 2013 Stumpy FSR Comp 29 hub if you can tell me what it is you are looking for. Externally, it looks like any other hub out there. Are you trying to see some particular feature like a side view of the hub off of the bike to see the bearings?

mtbr member
    Thanks Brew.

No need to see the bearings, a clear left side(non drive side) shot would be more than enough just to see what is the "new" thing Specialized and my LBS brag about so much. So are you basically telling me that on the outside is still the old lousy HiLo ? Where is the "new" part then ? I'm gonna bust this hub at the very first ride,period....

mtbr member
    I used mine for about 200miles worth of riding and it didn't explode but then switched to a lighter wheelset. The outside does look the same as the old hubs. Mine is just sitting in the corner now as a spare. If I get time tonight I'll take a picture of it and maybe even open it up to see if its really improved over the old design.

Thirsty
    Sorry for the delay, been really busy. Here are some pics I just snapped after work. If this doesn't show what you are looking for, I can take the wheel off tomorrow when I ride and get a shot of the non-drive side without the rotor or frame in the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "New Specialized disc, 4x-sealed cartridge bearing" Can I see a clear pic ?-photo.jpg  

"New Specialized disc, 4x-sealed cartridge bearing" Can I see a clear pic ?-photo-1-.jpg  

"New Specialized disc, 4x-sealed cartridge bearing" Can I see a clear pic ?-photo-2-.jpg  

mtbr member
    This is more than enough man,thanks, I really appreciate,have some rep !!

Ok so besides looking a bit "chunkier" than the old 420/520 SL's hub it looks basically the same. Well,these wheels will go straight into spare wheel status as soon as the bike will get home,I've purchased a nice set of Sun Ringle Black Flags,1750 gr and a lot peace of mind. Thanks again for the pics !