mtbr member
    May 2007

New shifters on my 07 fsr elite

I am looking to upgrade the LX shifters on my elite, they really feel like the weakest point of the component group. Has anyone upgraded to XT or XTR and with what kind of success?

Thanks,

mtbr member
    I have upgraded to XTR shifters and they are super light and crisp. However, I still like the way the new XT shifters feel. No problems installing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i would just go XT unless your a weight weenie, i have XTR on my epic but the XT stuff works just as well thease days

mtbr member
    May 2007
    So with a current REI discount it turns out to be $64 for XT and $144 for xtr. Still think xt?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I got my LBS to swap out the LX pods for XT when I bought the bike, over a year in and I have had no complaints about making the switch.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blantonator
    So with a current REI discount it turns out to be $64 for XT and $144 for xtr. Still think xt?
    i would get XT everything.. XTR is a bit pricey unless you are racing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    don't be silly - buy the XT, use the difference between that and XTR for something more useful

mtbr member
    I swapped out the SRAM X.9 RD and X.7 Shifters for new Shimano XT shifters and shadow RD when I bought my 07 SJ Comp. The shifting is crisp and has been flawless for over 6 months of riding-I would recommend the new XT shifter pods as well and use the extra cash for other components that wear-out like a wheel set or better disc brakes.