Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Rockhopper- upgrades are promising---yyyyeah!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  topoguide 
#1 ·
About a week ago I was so disappointed in my new 08 Rockhopper Disc I was ready to donate it to a meth head down the street so he could get to the bloodbank faster. But I decided no, and then went on to the arduous task of researching parts and price comparison shopping and reading reviews. yuk, no more.

I finally today I got all the crap I needed to upgrade. I got a new (a few years new old stock) Rock Shox Duke to make my ride a little smoother, and a set of Mavic Crossrides.
I haven't cut the steerer tube yet, but I got a chance to piece it together and ride around my block.

Totally different bike. The shock is sooooo nice and the wheels are just as smooth as Miley Cyrus's tummy.

Love this bike and I think I'll hit my first muddy spring trail tomorrow. yyyyeah!:madmax: :madmax: :madmax: :madmax: :D :D :D :D

#5 ·
who said anything about boning and who is Hanna Montana, I guess I don't cruise the websites that much.

man, you guys are sick. ;)

OK, I have a complaint. The freewheel clicking is really loud! anyone else notice it? It irritates me. $170 wheels and the freewheel sounds like the Price is Right wheel.

#7 ·
joejakk said:
OK, I have a complaint. The freewheel clicking is really loud! anyone else notice it? It irritates me. $170 wheels and the freewheel sounds like the Price is Right wheel.
Drop a little Tri-Flow into the cassette (right behind the top cog) and it will be as quite as a church mouse. :thumbsup: Down side is hikers don't hear you until you're right on top of them... maybe an air horn would wake em up :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.