mtbr member
    Mar 2010

"New Hardrock Disc"/ have some questions...

Hi, I'm kind of new to the forum, since I used to ride, but didn't have a bike. About 6 months ago I bought a 2010 Hardrock Disc, and have been upgrading minor defects along the ride. I put on some haro pedals (I had them lying around), put on some ODI grips, and put on a bashguard, after that I took off the front derailleur since I always used the medium ring and had no use for the small one, I tried to take off the small ring but I need somekind of tool, and I'm not sure which tool or exactly how to take it off... Could you help with a little info on that? Also I've been thinking of changing the handlebar and stem, is this a good idea?
    Thanks in advance...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    You need to pull the crank arm off to get the smaller ring off. There special tools made to do that. http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=85927 heres a example
    I am going to be doing this to my 11 hardrock sport disc this week , because i am converting mine to singlespeed , parts should be here tuesday.
    I also have a different stem and handlebar as well, i went with race face..i like em!