mtbr member
    Apr 2004

New fork on my 04 FSR Stumpy

I just changed over from a 2002 100mm Fox FLOAT RLC to a 2005 130mm Fox FLOAT R. So far except for the higher seat position, it does ride smoother than before and the geaometry has not changed much. I do notice the BB is higher, far fewer pedal strikes. The steering does not feel slacker.

I needed a bit more travel to keep my tired arms and hands from getting sore. I dialed in almost 2 inches of sag on the new fork, so I still have 3 inches of travel. It felt great today on the first ride since all the rains topped.

Is there any aftermarket rear shock link for getting 5 inches of travel from the rear like the 2005 frames?

Humpmaster general
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I just changed over from a 2002 100mm Fox FLOAT RLC to a 2005 130mm Fox FLOAT R. So far except for the higher seat position, it does ride smoother than before and the geaometry has not changed much. I do notice the BB is higher, far fewer pedal strikes. The steering does not feel slacker.

I needed a bit more travel to keep my tired arms and hands from getting sore. I dialed in almost 2 inches of sag on the new fork, so I still have 3 inches of travel. It felt great today on the first ride since all the rains topped.

Is there any aftermarket rear shock link for getting 5 inches of travel from the rear like the 2005 frames?

betd makes the link I don't think it is out yet. I also have a 2004 and am thinking about doing the same thing.

here is a link

https://www.betd.co.uk/news_story.asp?NewsID=39
    your moma's so ugly, one time she looked out of the window and got arrested for mooning

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thanks

Thanks for that link. I contacted them and will wait and see what's up with that linkage.