mtbr member
    Jul 2005

New Enduro SL - Front Shock Issues?

Friend just picked up a brand new Enduro SL and within 50 feet of our ride all the air in the front went bye-bye. We put 100 back in it and seemed to be fine for another 50 feet and then Gone. No more air.

What do you think is going on with this thing?

Thanks

cranktankerous Mainer
    I think your friend should take it back to the bike shop and he’ll probably have a new shock the next day…. I think YOU should do a search on the forum before you ask silly questions.
    Been there, done that... don't remember it.
    Bronson, Tallboy & Highball

Boulder, CO
    That is a bummer on the first ride. I guess it is good you didn't get stranded. My guess is Specialized will have you up and running by the weekend if you bring it back to your shop today.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

Like catnip for people
    Buy another bike! one that doesn't have the words 'Specialized' on the down tube...

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by ar1981
    Buy another bike! one that doesn't have the words 'Specialized' on the down tube...
    why would he do that? Specialized will do what it takes to care of him. Check out the forum, i think they are one of the few companies that will overnight parts for warranty issues, and they do more than most to keep their customers happy.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

cranktankerous Mainer
    That is totally true Jut, I am super pleased with Specialized, the SL was the first bike I've bought from this company, so far the service has been great. I didn't like the stem length that came on my med SL after two rides.. BAM- new short stem 2 day air in time for the weekend, no charge. I also had some issues with the rear shock not working properly and "clunking" after a few rides... BAM- next day air, new rear shock. Totally happy with the service department and absolutely blown away by the performance handling of SL, and the bike is light years better than my Prophet. I never expected the new SL shocks to be flawless straight out of the gate once they hit the real world, and Spesh seems to be taking care of customers with legitimate problems very quickly. I'd buy another bike from them in a heartbeat.
    Been there, done that... don't remember it.
    Bronson, Tallboy & Highball