mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Need some help Fake or Real Stumpjumper

So I'm Bad...bought a Specialized S Works Stumpjumper hard tail off of Ebay..This was sold as a Factory Warranty replacement...with a manufacture date of 10/27/2012...First, ebay buyer protection...if its a fake I can return it, but now to determine...Sold as a 2013 model year..Question 1.) this model has the external cable guides, which are riveted to the frame, flag for me, had read cable guides should be glued or intricate molded to the frame... which are on my 2011 specialized s works epic...So someone with some knowledge of the current 2012 or 2013 Specialized S Works Stumpjumper hard tail would help put my mind at ease or to get busy and send a letter off to ebay for a return..All help welcome

mtbr member
    Call Specialized and give them the Serial #. They always have a live person on the phone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

thats an idea, would like to know if the guides are attached by rivet or glue

Quote Originally Posted by Burzum View Post
    Call Specialized and give them the Serial #. They always have a live person on the phone.
    Thanks for the idea...Burzum Was hoping to get a reply back with...are the cable guides attached by rivet or part of the molding process with someone that can just look at there frame or friends

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Check out the picture of the 2013 here, you can zoom in.
    Specialized Bicycle Components

> /dev/null 2&>1
    Feb 2012

Re: Need some help Fake or Real Stumpjumper

Can you share pics? There was one of these threads before, but it was pretty obviously a Chinese carbon frame. The listing was reported and taken down. Make sure you check the Ebay help pages and understand the statute of limitations for reporting a claim. If you've got a fake on your hands, you want to file an Ebay claim as soon as you have proof, like a photo comparison with specialized.com or an email from specialized regarding the serial numbers.

Sent from (redacted by nsa)
    ------------------------------------------------
    They're justified and they're ancient and they like to roam the land

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    After a little research for the specialized rep number, went ahead and called Specialized at 877-808-8154. They were more and happy to help out..I gave them the ss number and they came back and told me it was one made by Specializedfile:///Users/Guest/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library.photolibrary/Masters/2013/09/10/20130910-134950/DSC03145.JPG

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    HUh...hadn't figured out how to upload a picture I guess...dang iMac