mtbr member

Need Rockhopper 29er build help

I'm temporarily stymied in my build of a Rockhopper 29er. Can anyone with that bike confirm that there is a plastic guide for derailler cables bolted onto the bottom of the bottom bracket? I bought my frame on eBay from someone who once had it set up as a single-speed. I don't seem to have that plastic guide.

Does anyone know what that part is called?

I have a 26er Rockhopper frame, in a size small. Is the guide the same on that bike as on the 29er? Should I just be able to move the part over? I ultimately need another one, but moving the part would get me past my current dilemma.

mtbr member
    I think this is what you are looking for. Don't know what the part is called but here is a picture of it from my Rockhopper 29er..

Aloha

mtbr member
    Yep. My frame is for sure missing that piece. Bummer. I'm going to try yanking the same piece from my 26er.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    The same piece was missing as well on a singlespeed converted stumpjumper frame I got. I called my local spesh dealer. $2 later problem was solved. To bad the local spesh dealer is 20 miles away, so I went for a long road ride to pick it up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bikefoolery
    The same piece was missing as well on a singlespeed converted stumpjumper frame I got. I called my local spesh dealer. $2 later problem was solved. To bad the local spesh dealer is 20 miles away, so I went for a long road ride to pick it up.
    if it was a 29'er they ship with top pull FD and RD cable is routed down the the rear seat stay. Not missing just that it was never there.
    Stumpjumper HT 29'er dubbed "The Frankonmuter"

On the North Shore in Minnesota
    My Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    It was a 2001 SJ HT... no 29er. But I think a 29er is my next bike.