mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Need help on what I just bought - newb here

Guys I do not know much at all about mountain bikes. I just bought a used mountain bike to give to my mom for xmas for what I think is a good deal. I have no way of knowing what I actually just bought though. Tell me if I got screwed and maybe help me what it is.

Supposedly 2007 RockHopper Black with silver writing, how do I verify year?
    What size frame? How do I measure?
    Has Hayes disc brakes with 1 pad missing up front. How much for a pad?
    marzuchi shocks, ditchwitch rims

Bought it off craigslist and the guy seemed pretty weird and wired. How do I know if this was stolen? I searched the local area for stolen bikes and this did not come up.
    If you need pics I can take some, any help would be appreciated. Its for my mom and I know she doesn't need bomber shocks or these stronger wheels but it was a great deal.
    $225 sound ok, needs a front brake pad, paint looks great, sprockets, and newer tires.

She will mainly use it to ride on the streets and possibly some dirt / gravel trails. 24 speed has shimano components.

Thanks!

AZ
    banned
    Verify at bikepedia.com
    size is measured from center of bottom bracket to center of top tube
    Hayes brake pads 20.00 or less per pair

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for the info, looks like it is a 2007 based on the graphics scheme. It has dirt jam comp shocks (junk?), hayes mx2 disc brakes. Should be fine for my mom, still looking for a tape measure though. Some 2.20 enduro tires, looks like I didn't do too bad.

Merry Christmas guys and gals!!