mtbr member

Need assistance from anyone with an S120 fork

Could I please get people here with an S120 Futureshock fork to measure the exposed stanchion?

I just had the cartridge replaced and the shop (specialized shop) tells me that 120mm physical measurement is the maximum measurement they can achieve. They have the negative air set to 20mm.

This is the previous thread about this:

WTF? S120 measures at 100mm?

I can't see how 120mm of exposed stanchion can possibly equate to 120mm of travel. I would think it might get 105 - 110mm?

If everyone else has 130 - 140mm showing, I might start looking at a new fork. This leads me to my next question. Does a 2009 S-works stumpy accept a regular tapered fork? It's a tapered head tube, but I've read a couple of things where people say you still need some special adapter to use both straight or tapered forks?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Your fork is normal. 120mm of exposed stanchion is correct. These forks push the o ring right up onto when the stanchion meets the crown, giving you your 120mm travel

mtbr member
    In order to use a different fork with the frame you just need the correct adapter.

http://service.specialized.com/colla...lity-Guide.pdf

mtbr member
    Thanks. You guys rock