mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Need Advice - rear shock options for '06 Enduro

Iíve got an í06 Enduro. Itís one sweet ride. Iím looking to swap out my rear shock (DHX air 5.0) for something else. I do a lot of climbing and notice quite a bit of bob with the DHX. Itís great for small bump sensitivity, but Iíd rather sacrifice some of that for a better pedaling platform. Even with the propedal cranked, it still bobs quite a bit. I was hoping that the RP23 would work because I like itís feel better, but it doesnít come in the 8.75 x 2.5 size. I was looking into the RS Pearl which looks like a good alternative, but I donít know if it will fit with the Enduroís weird shock mount.

Anyone know what options are available for air shocks on the Enduro? Thanks for any helpÖ

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    You can get the DHX to be almost bob free...I crank the bottom out knob all the way in. I run the air pressure about what I weigh and slow the rebound down a bit. Just play with until it feels good...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrent100
    You can get the DHX to be almost bob free...I crank the bottom out knob all the way in. I run the air pressure about what I weigh and slow the rebound down a bit. Just play with until it feels good...
    I have tried everything. I cranked the propedal and the bottom out all the way in. I weigh about 180 and have even tried running the shock at 200 psi and it still bobs. I did notice that according to Fox's manual, the max pressure it 200 psi. But the Enduro manual says the max pressure is 300 psi.

Iím ready to try another shock. Anyone know what others are compatible?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Try slowing the rebound.. I am 200 plus and mine works great. You should not have to put more than 180 to 190 with all gear on. With that much air pressure you will need to slow the rebound up a bit because the high pressure forces the rear end back up to fast. I can climb out of the saddle and hardly feel the back end moving...