mtbr member

My Sram X-0 (07 enduro) right small trigger gets stuck - help!

2nd rider ever on it. NO problems the first ride. Second ride, about halfway through the smaller trigger started not returning when I hit it. Now I have to use two fingers, trip it and return to position for it to work. What gives?? Anyone know the deal???
    Clay

mtbr member
    First try loosening the cover screw (it might be to tight). My problem was one of the two internal bolts tightened down on the plate (on its own) making the trigger stick. Try loosening the bolts to see if this is your problem. If so remove the bolts, put on some blue locktite & tighten them so not to interfere with the plate sliding. Worst case have your LBS send it to SRAM. Hope this helps.

Birthday Collector
    I had a shifter doing this on a new bike When I removed the cover there was a loose circlip and one of the small levers that pivoted on this was not releasing. Fortunately, the clip was still within the cover. A pair of needle-nose to replace the clip and a touch of light grease back on the mechanism, replace the cover and it was fine. If you aren't comfy taking the cover off the lever to inspect it - have your shop do it - assuming you bought local and not on-line. If so, then expect to pay shipping charges or a repair fee to the shop if you take it in. It's not hard if you are mechanically inclined!
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

The Other Dude
    I have had mine get stuck also after a crash, it got pressed up to hard/close to the brake lever and it was putting pressure on the carbon top piece, i just loosened the shifter and rotated it down a bit, now its fine.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

On MTBR hiatus :(
    I just posted on a similar experience last week. I stupidly removed the two tiny phillips screws on the underside of the shifter, looking for the cable change port.

After reassembling, I had a sticky thumb paddle that wouldn't return on its own. There are two seals under the thumb paddle that were interfering with the black plastic cover.

The solution was to remove the top cover (the real cable change cover), and use a 4mm allen wrench top and bottom to loosen the center pivot bolt about 2 turns. This allowed the thumb paddle (and seals) to move away from the shifter body, and left a big enough gap to insert the underside cover back into place. The curved lip on the black plastic cover needs to sit UNDER both seals, not sandwiched between them and the thumb paddle.

Next ride out, the shifter worked like a charm.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    I just posted on a similar experience last week. I stupidly removed the two tiny phillips screws on the underside of the shifter, looking for the cable change port.

After reassembling, I had a sticky thumb paddle that wouldn't return on its own. There are two seals under the thumb paddle that were interfering with the black plastic cover.

The solution was to remove the top cover (the real cable change cover), and use a 4mm allen wrench top and bottom to loosen the center pivot bolt about 2 turns. This allowed the thumb paddle (and seals) to move away from the shifter body, and left a big enough gap to insert the underside cover back into place. The curved lip on the black plastic cover needs to sit UNDER both seals, not sandwiched between them and the thumb paddle.

Next ride out, the shifter worked like a charm.
    Thanks guys,
    I took both covers off mine and reinstalled them - it seems just fine now.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    It looks like Sram has a bad project on X0 shifter (and maybe X9 from 2007 on). Mine did the same and I ended up changing for a 2006 X9. Works fine up to now (2 years)

Meh.
    Sometimes the top cap is just too tight, this can cause binding.