Thread: My Ride

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

My Ride

Just finished building this up following my previous frame cracking which my LBS replaced promptly

Thought I would treat myself and got some Raceface Northshore and Marzocchi Z1 FR SL. Loaded up with Hope Mono M4 8" and 6" on rear

It really feels the bomb now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

RFKA Coldsnap
    May 2005
    Very nice. Whta's that, an Enduro Comp frame with '04 Freeride fork (white lowers)?

I wonder if you can fit any coil shocks in there. Seems like it would make a nice bit of riding gear. I wish they didn't make the Big Hit so damn ugly because it was mildly affordable for a FR/DH bike.
    [SIZE=1]EXTREEM MEDIUM MOUNTAINSTYLE SLOPCROSS STEEDS:
    '06 Iron Horse 7Point3 w/888RC + Roco
    '05 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc FR-Pimped
    '92 Specialized HardRock Pink-Retro-XC-Pimped[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Butter Topping
    Very nice. Whta's that, an Enduro Comp frame with '04 Freeride fork (white lowers)?

I wonder if you can fit any coil shocks in there. Seems like it would make a nice bit of riding gear. I wish they didn't make the Big Hit so damn ugly because it was mildly affordable for a FR/DH bike.
    Yes it is a Comp frame. I had one of teh original 02 black frames with teh red graphics and around teh rear shock mount teh weld started to crack. I got a replacement straight away whcih was good. Whilst I got that I thought that I would do a bit of upgrading as well and treated myself to the Z1 FR SL 04 model. These are the air forks with negative and positive pressure. They take a while to get set up correctly. At moment I am running really low pressure and pretty much using up all the travel. The ride is real plush though which is how I like it.

In terms of a coil shock, what are the suggestions, I am pleased with whats on there at moment but when that goes are there any suggestions?

Thanks
    Kwack

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kwack
    Just finished building this up following my previous frame cracking which my LBS replaced promptly

Thought I would treat myself and got some Raceface Northshore and Marzocchi Z1 FR SL. Loaded up with Hope Mono M4 8" and 6" on rear

It really feels the bomb now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why didn't you step u a size? That stem looks really long and your seat is all the way back as well.

Nice bike though I've got a similar one that says 'PRO'.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduro_506
    Why didn't you step u a size? That stem looks really long and your seat is all the way back as well.

Nice bike though I've got a similar one that says 'PRO'.
    Interesting point on size. I am 5.10 so a medium frame is likely to be the right size for me. The stem is one that I had kicking around and teh seatpost is what came with the frame. It doesn't feel particularly a stretch!!!! maybe I have long arms!

What do Enduro normally come with stem length as I would be interested in upgrading and trying out a different riding position but obviously don't want to buy something that aint right

Who are the brain police?
    If it ain't broke why fix it? If you're comfortable, why change?
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    You're right about that. If the rider is comfortable aboard the bike, then just ride it and enjoy it.

RFKA Coldsnap
    May 2005
    I don't have any coil shock suggestions per se, but in general I was looking at the Enduro/Enduro Comp as a freeride/dh setup. I liked the frame design and price but because I'm a bigger dude who rides pretty hard I would prefer a coilover shock with a nice reservoir (like a fox dhx 4/5).

It just seems like between the Enduro (for $2200) and the Demo 8/9 (for $3800/$4400) there isn't much in between for a more affordable downhill bike. The Big Hit is just too ugly and I'm not a fan of the fork or the red flame paintjob. Anyways, just rambling.

Really nice bike!
    [SIZE=1]EXTREEM MEDIUM MOUNTAINSTYLE SLOPCROSS STEEDS:
    '06 Iron Horse 7Point3 w/888RC + Roco
    '05 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc FR-Pimped
    '92 Specialized HardRock Pink-Retro-XC-Pimped[/SIZE]