mtbr member
    Sep 2010

My new (to me) P2

Just got this in a trade on craigslist and put some new tires on today (Maxxis Holy Rollers), 08 P2, havent really ridden it since I got it, but cant wait! Any ideas for modifications for now?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Im thinking its a 2005... Cant trust anyone I guess...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Good trade, It does look like an '05

here is my '04 I picked up on CL back in spring. I threw on an '05 Dj3 fork

These are great bikes. The only thing about the bikes I hate is the textured finish. When I got my bike it was in great shape but dirty as hell and I couldnt get it clean because the dirt worked its way into the texture and wouldnt come out. So what I did was took fine steel wool and lightly sanded the whole bike enough to get the texture off but not the color. Its now smooth and able to be cleaned.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Nice man! That looks great in white. I havent gotten around to cleaning it yet, im taking it by my LBS today to have it overlooked. Will probably do the steel wool if I cant scrub it all off. Did yours come with the Marzocchi forks like mine? Do you like those a lot better?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Yeah mine had the same fork as yours. It was bone dry and felt like a pogo stick. I pulled the top caps off and put some 20wt fork oil in it to help to pogo effect. It didn't help that much so I found a good deal on the DJ3 and scooped it up. My friend has an '03 or '04 P2 (the grey glossy one) it has the exr comp on it and he is fine with it. I say ride it until it breaks then upgrade.

mtbr member
    so what is a used one worth - I am looking to get into one but financially strapped but lots to trade?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    If you keep an eye out you can pick them up for $200 to $400 depending on your area. My area isn't a heavy DJ/ Street MTB area so I was able to pick mine up for $250 because nobody else wanted it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    good deal ! I Like it

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Took it to my LBS and they found a grip load wrong with it... So now its there for a couple days till I get it back.

The front fork feels a bit... laggy. I want to upgrade it later, but dont know what would be a decent jump fork for a decent price. Its gonna be used mostly for urban freestyle and some mild dirt jump later, so this fork should be fine for now I hope. Maybe ill get the frame powdercoated later...

Thanks guys