smw
    pedal pusher

My new Enduro Comp

Just picked up a new ride. Didnt want to spend a ton so I decided on the comp.
    My son will use this bike when he decides to join the family on rides. I will use it for shuttle runs and flying downhill. Got it on sale for $2200.00. Sure is cool to have multiple bikes to play on.
    Who else is riding one of these 5in. Enduro's, and how do you like it?

AndyFSR

Enduro = Love

I have an Enduro comp and I love my bike.
    The "I love my bike" comes from always saying that as I creasted a new hill or cleaned a section of trail I hadn't cleared before.
    Like all bikes I continue to tinker with it, I like the steeper head angle and taller bottom bracket settings. I have actually changed the shock, handle bars, shifters and derailluers.
    Did not change out of need just desire to try something different. Loved the bike stock and really like it modified. It is a great platform. Light jumping, easy racing, not hardcore at either but fun for both. Balance wheelies are easy, as are nose wheelies.
    It's just a fun bike.
    Andy
    ...I go downhill like a falling safe...and climb like I'm dragging one.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by andyfsr
    I have an Enduro comp and I love my bike.
    The "I love my bike" comes from always saying that as I creasted a new hill or cleaned a section of trail I hadn't cleared before.
    Like all bikes I continue to tinker with it, I like the steeper head angle and taller bottom bracket settings. I have actually changed the shock, handle bars, shifters and derailluers.
    Did not change out of need just desire to try something different. Loved the bike stock and really like it modified. It is a great platform. Light jumping, easy racing, not hardcore at either but fun for both. Balance wheelies are easy, as are nose wheelies.
    It's just a fun bike.

I hope I enjoy my Enduro this much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Yep, got an '04 Enduro too and love it to bits.

It really is a fantastic machine that puts a big grin on my face every time I ride it. I did dabble with fitting a Romic, but it seemed to dull the riding experience a great deal for me and robbed the bike of much of it's agility so I've switched back to the Fox Float and don't regret it.

I've swapped the Marzocchi EXRs for Pace RC40s, the Deore brakes for Hope M4s, the stock wheelset for a Mavic/Hope combo and the post/saddle for a Thomson Elite / SDG Bel Air and the result is a sub 30lb all day bike that can be thrown down technical descents with confidence.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by PJMatthes
    Yep, got an '04 Enduro too and love it to bits.

It really is a fantastic machine that puts a big grin on my face every time I ride it. I did dabble with fitting a Romic, but it seemed to dull the riding experience a great deal for me and robbed the bike of much of it's agility so I've switched back to the Fox Float and don't regret it.

I've swapped the Marzocchi EXRs for Pace RC40s, the Deore brakes for Hope M4s, the stock wheelset for a Mavic/Hope combo and the post/saddle for a Thomson Elite / SDG Bel Air and the result is a sub 30lb all day bike that can be thrown down technical descents with confidence.

The Enduro I bought has a Fox Float 130 RL in the front and the same rear shock. I have no intention of upgrading the wheels or anything else at this time, although Im sure the wheels that come on this bike weigh a ton. It also came with the Avid Juicy 5 brakes. Eventually I will change the stem and bars, seatpost to a thomson, and a wheelset after these are worked over. Under 30lbs would be nice, what size is you frame, I have a large.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    hey I was thinking about getting an 06 stumpy, but I can get a great deal on an enduro comp. do you have any idea on how much your bile weighs. Also is it capable of doing cross country riding effitiently? thanks.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick
    hey I was thinking about getting an 06 stumpy, but I can get a great deal on an enduro comp. do you have any idea on how much your bile weighs. Also is it capable of doing cross country riding effitiently? thanks.

It weighs about 32lbs stock. Yes its perfectly capable of xc riding, not as much as the stumpy, but very similar(sp). It has adjustable angle from 69.5 degrees to 70.5 degrees. It seems to plow over and through things better, but gives up just a bit in the climbing dept. If ya like going downhill fast, running over instead of around objects(rocks, ruts ,roots, ect.) the Enduro is the bike. I have another xc bike so this is a differant bike to play on, not to mention $2000 was a good price. With some upgrades I think I could get the bike down under 30lbs without too much trouble.
    Sean

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smw
    It weighs about 32lbs stock. Yes its perfectly capable of xc riding, not as much as the stumpy, but very similar(sp). It has adjustable angle from 69.5 degrees to 70.5 degrees. It seems to plow over and through things better, but gives up just a bit in the climbing dept. If ya like going downhill fast, running over instead of around objects(rocks, ruts ,roots, ect.) the Enduro is the bike. I have another xc bike so this is a differant bike to play on, not to mention $2000 was a good price. With some upgrades I think I could get the bike down under 30lbs without too much trouble.
    Sean
    thats exactly what I want to be able to do. thanks for the feedback.
    -Nick

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick
    thats exactly what I want to be able to do. thanks for the feedback.
    -Nick

Then you'll love this bike. I flipped the rear shock mount to the 69.5 degree setting, it works great.
    Sean