The Hutch

My new 2013 Epic Expert

I Had a 2012 Comp Carbon Epic and Loved the frame and geometry but wasn't a fan of the color (orange) and components . So for this year I went for the the Expert (white) My New bike weighted (medium) 25.88 out the box. (no pedals) I swapped out the saddle (same only carbon rail I had) and seat-post (thomson Masterpiece) and tires (had a 2.2 s-works fast track for front and moved the 2.0 to the rear) and converted the tires to Tubeless. Now it weights 24.99 w/ spd pedals, and garmin mount installed. I had everything from my last epic so extra cost so far is zero.

I plan on getting some ESI grips (red), carbon S-works bar (Last years red one), and XTR shifters. (on the way) I think it will weight about 1lb less. I'll update in a few weeks when I get it all together.
    And maybe in the far future some Roval SL wheels ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new 2013 Epic Expert-epic-med.jpeg  

Last edited by rob1208lv; 03-04-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I want that exact same bike. Looks awesome!

mtbr member
    Very very beautiful bike. I have one on order for my wife. We will pick it up on 8th of april.

First changes here will be XX fd, xtr chain, X.0 rd and twister, tubeless, phenom pro and x.0 disc brakes. Most likely the post will be a kcnc ti pro lite but it will be after her body geometry measurements.

Please post more pics
    Last edited by S-Worker; 02-28-2013 at 12:20 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1208lv View Post
    I Had a 2012 Comp Carbon Epic and Loved the frame and geometry but wasn't a fan of the color (orange) and components . So for this year I went for the the Expert (white) My New bike weighted (medium) 24.88 out the box. (no pedals) I swapped out the saddle (same only carbon rail I had) and seat-post (thomson Masterpiece) and tires (had a 2.2 s-works fast track for front and moved the 2.0 to the rear) and converted the tires to Tubeless. Now it weights 23.89 w/ spd pedals, and garmin mount installed. I had everything from my last epic so extra cost so far is zero.

I plan on getting some ESI grips (red), carbon S-works bar (Last years red one), and XTR shifters. (on the way) I think it will weight about 1lb less. I'll update in a few weeks when I get it all together.
    And maybe in the far future some Roval SL wheels ..
    Nice! Is the black/red carbon bar still available? Looking out for it as well. Do you have a link?

The Hutch
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkinho View Post
    Nice! Is the black/red carbon bar still available? Looking out for it as well. Do you have a link?
    I've been trying to find one, but no such luck. I bet there is a local shop somewhere that has them. Anyway I went a head and ordered this years (white) one.
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

The Hutch
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Worker View Post
    Very very beautiful bike. I have one on order for my wife. We will pick it up on 8th of april.

First changes here will be XX fd, xtr chain, X.0 rd and twister, tubeless, phenom pro and x.0 disc brakes. Most likely the post will be a kcnc ti pro lite but it will be after her body geometry measurements.

Please post more pics
    I'll take some tonight and post em up for everyone
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

mtbr member
    Great color choice.
    ________
    12' BMC Fourstroke FS02 XT
    11' Epic S-Works XX
    13' Epic S-Works XX1
    14' Epic S-Works WC XX1

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Re: My new 2013 Epic Expert

White frame is awesome... congrats!

Send from Tapatalk via GalaxyTab

mtbr member
    Where are the promised pics???

The Hutch
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Worker View Post
    Where are the promised pics???
    Sorry for the delay, I'm still waiting on parts I ordered to come in, then I'll shoot some more pics - here is 1 more almost stock pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

The Hutch
    Well my parts came in and I sadly only lost a few
    Grams weighting in at 24.39lbs with the carbon bar ESI grips
    Xtr shifters thomson post phenom pro pedals and garmin mount.
    Ill take a bunch of picks and post later
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch