Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

My Float R to PUSH

oil came out the air valve on my 03 Float R, still held air, but we know the chambers have become one, so... off to PUSH for the full treatment.

The bike is a tried and true 99 Stumpy FSR XC PRO, w/MRP x-link, full needle bearing drop out kit, an 05 Fox Vanilla R(reduced to 4" travel), Avid mechanicals, and a very sweet 03 S works wheelset-Hugi hubs, Mavic 317's, with Stan's in my Roll-X pro's.

I put the fork on at the end of last season, just had three rides before winter set in with a vengence. The first two rides I left the fork at 5' of travel, my climbing ability tanked. The last ride was with it knocked down to 4". That fork has transformed this bike. The whole package is still very nice and tight, I got Stan's all figured out pressure wise, and this rig rocks.

I can't wait to get that re-worked stable platform(kinda) wonder from PUSH back on. Amazing how well this bike has sustained itself, going on 7 seasons. Of course, EVERYTHING has been replaced-upgraded since new. The Fox is the third fork I have had on it alone.

I'll folow with the ride report after it's return.Until then, only on the road I'll go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Just rode my 99 FSR for the first time tonight with a new RP3 along with a Marzocchi Race up front. Man these newer shocks are a huge improvement over what came on the bike initially. I would like to hear how the pushed R turns out as I may send mine in for a backup and maybe get more platform for longer travel with the BETD link. Dan

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

PUSH update

amazing, Jimmy at PUSH actually called me today, long distance and all. To tell me the shock body had serious grooving and should be replaced. An additional $25 part. He went on to say it would ship out today.

I upgraded the shipping to 2 day air for $3 more, it'll be here Friday! I can do a mtb ride this weekend in stead of road ride, yee haw!

You can't beat service like that. They even changed the DU bushings and a partially seized aluminum top hat bushing set.

Looking forward to the first ride.

Finally, a company where all the hype is true?

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by buffallodan
    Just rode my 99 FSR for the first time tonight with a new RP3 along with a Marzocchi Race up front. Man these newer shocks are a huge improvement over what came on the bike initially. I would like to hear how the pushed R turns out as I may send mine in for a backup and maybe get more platform for longer travel with the BETD link. Dan
    Do you have the BETD link yet?
    Astigmatic Visionary

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

MRP X-link not BETD

Had I'd of known about the BETD link, I would have bought that. I have had the MRP x-link and needle bearing drop out kit since about 2000. I just replaced the bearing's and sleeves to tighten the rear end up. I am very happy with the performance of the bike with that package. Looking forward to the improvements in the shock from PUSH.

Love this bike, still very competent and fast. After this PUSH upgrade, I might not feel the urge to drop $5K+ on a new S Works ride .

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Do you have the BETD link yet?
    Yes. I like the Race-RP3 setup but I can't wait to try the S and longer rear wheel travel too. I might get around to changing forks this weekend so I can review the FSR with longer travel upgrade... Dan
    btw that is what is so cool about the BETD link is you can adjust your bikes travel to suit your needs...