Thread: My Epic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

My Epic.

The final build. I snapped this one when I threw the M4/Minis on and changed the stock hope levers for Dangerboys. I know I already posted it in the Epic thread, but man, I had to do it again

Livin' the dream.

Single-Track Monster
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolm4
    The final build. I snapped this one when I threw the M4/Minis on and changed the stock hope levers for Dangerboys. I know I already posted it in the Epic thread, but man, I had to do it again

I hope you don't ride in your front big ring and your rear Granny #2. Nothing like stressing out your rear der.!!! If you do, I bet you get chain rub all the time, and I bet your chains, and rear der. don't last for crap either...

other than that...your bike looks good!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    I hope you don't ride in your front big ring and your rear Granny #2. Nothing like stressing out your rear der.!!! If you do, I bet you get chain rub all the time, and I bet your chains, and rear der. don't last for crap either...

other than that...your bike looks good!

I push the big ring alot. The pic was taken right after I took it off the workstand, and went through the gears tuning it. If you looked, that rear dérailleur is from '04. and I've used the same one for a few different builds. The chain is probaby 2 years old or so. The only rub I really get is in the small ring up front. I never use it, so it doesnt matter too much. When I tune it, I foucs on the two big rings and geting the dérailleurs dialed in to run them. One day, you'll learn how to work on stuff, and then, you can give advice. But hey, nice try.
    Livin' the dream.

Single-Track Monster
    Jan 2007
    Well for being a bike mechanic for 5 years, I would have told you to take the small ring off and adjusting the limits of your front der. accordingly...but since you'd rather "jerry-rig" it...best of luck to you...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    Well for being a bike mechanic for 5 years, I would have told you to take the small ring off and adjusting the limits of your front der. accordingly...but since you'd rather "jerry-rig" it...best of luck to you...

Haha, Man I didn't mean to come off as a d*ck or anything. That time of morning is never a good time, especially when you you get to look forward to going to work within the hour, haha. I thought about taking the small ring off for riding here (Texas), but I like having a full range of gears, if need be, if that makes sense. My previous Epic was ran 2x9, done the "right way".
    Livin' the dream.