Thread: my enduro

kona & ironhorse:SUPERIOR
    Dec 2004

my enduro

would it be possible to put a bigger link, like a big hit link, on an 03 enduro, and then put a coil on it? or do you think a 5.3 in travel coil would be enough for freeride. I dont wanna buy a new bike and im gettin into bigger stuff that this bike can't handle. Any other suggestions or thought would be helpful.

Thanks -smitty

dead sailor
    Quote Originally Posted by middysmitty2926
    would it be possible to put a bigger link, like a big hit link, on an 03 enduro, and then put a coil on it? or do you think a 5.3 in travel coil would be enough for freeride. I dont wanna buy a new bike and im gettin into bigger stuff that this bike can't handle. Any other suggestions or thought would be helpful.

Thanks -smitty
    If you're getting into "bigger" stuff then keep the air shock. getting a coil would make you bottom on drops too easily. unless of course you get a coil with some sort of bottom-out resistance adjustment
    phuck it!

p.s. I NEED a Pugsley

mtbr member

BETD link

Quote Originally Posted by middysmitty2926

Thanks -smitty
    Check out the BETD website - they have a link just for your needs!

LukeB
    Feb 2005
    That's balls about the coil shock. I run one on my Enduro, and it's fantastic- the improvement on the air is massive. There's no need for a bigger link either- if you buy a 2.35" stroke shock (which is what I did) then it ups the travel to 6.3".

My shock is a non propedal one. Before that I had an Itch Switch non propedal one, which was OK, then a Propedal TALAS shock, which wasn't- it had no small bump sensitivity. If you got one of the new Fox DHX5.0 shocks you could easily turn off the propedal (why do you have to pay more to be able to turn off a system that stops your shock working properly?), and, if you're a "mash the pedals" type rider, you could turn it on for the climbs. I don't have a lockout or the ability to turn on propedal, but don't miss it one bit- learn to pedal properly and it's all fine. It takes up all the small bumps that the air shocks didn't, and just generally feels better.

It's great on drops- soaks it up no trouble, but watch it if you're going too big, I've snapped the seatstays on mine once, although mine's a 2002 version which are supposed to be renowned for it- it's now got a 2003 back end, but in a different colour to the main frame, so I'll see how it lasts.
    http://www.m-bike.tk