mtbr member

My E150 Loosing Pressure - HELP REQ,D

MY E150 has finally started misbehaving - I know loads on here have had probs - it looses about 50 lbs over 40 minutes riding - appears more affected by use of the lockdown than big hits ????
    thanks boys.
    Last edited by twedspeed; 01-24-2011 at 06:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Don't know much about the e150, but I'm pretty sure someone who has one will chime in on this.

Mines has been losing oil out of the height adjuster knob for the past six months and the fork doesn't absorb anything. I'm dealing with specialized now on this issue to get it fixed, but they want me to pay for it, even though the fork has a 5 year warranty. So thats perfect proof how much the warranty actually means anything.

mtbr member
    yeah mines under waranty as well, but Ive not had it serviced for 2 years so its probably not covered ,,,,,," HOWEVER " ....LETS NOT let this post descend into a service / waranty issue PLEASE ADRESS MY ORIGINAL QUESTION about the pressure loss - thank you
    Good luck with your problems CAMAROSAM

Battling silly sales!
    Speci-Suspension Tech is the man to talk to about the E150 BUT knowing what I do for these forks it is one of the main o-rings in the large lower part of the air cartridge OR it is the small annoying ones that drive the air assist piston to the Travel Adjust..... what size they are is METRIC. so get yourself a digital caliper from Pep Boys, Jeg's, or Wal-Mart and measure them well....

mtbr member
    hmmm yes but which ones - is there any way to find out , before I start ? I feel competent tackling the bottom end 22mm ones - but the top end appears shrouded in mystery ????

Battling silly sales!
    It's tough to get into without special tools AND there is Loctite RED!!! I've broken a few travel shafts off trying to get the tube off of the lower part of the travel adjust...

Be careful, IF you choose to use heat, use a hairdryer, NOT a torch!!!

mtbr member
    I'd just go to a shop and see if specialized will ship you a new air cartridge. My 2007 Enduro came brand new with an E-150 that lost nearly all of its air over night. They swapped out the cartridge and I never had a problem again. Since then, I've of course received updated internals and then later I had the S-Tune custom service, which I think also included some newer internal parts.

mtbr member
    is that the long one ? - or aer you on about the travel adjust ?.

mtbr member
    what's the news on this?