mtbr member

My 2013 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO 29er

So I decided to go 29er and picked up the 2013 Stumpy EVO 29er. Rode it once on a local trail before taking it the following day to Canada on the Seven Summits Trail. Took it 21 miles and climbed 3500'+ over a 5hr period. The bike handled amazing, climbed super fast, and took everything that trail has to offer. Tight Switch backs were fine, the really rocky DH stuff was no problem (coming of a 6" bike I was worried) and the speed this thing kept was just awesome. Anyway just thought I'd share it with everyone and to say I'm completely happy with my purchase.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Awesome bike, enjoy. My 26" version rips.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Really nice ride, looking to buy the same model, what size is your bike and how tall r u?

mtbr member
    I rode the medium and the large (I'm 5'11") and with the stem I had planned on using (50mm) the large was the way to go. It feels perfect and I have no complaints

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I just ordered this same bike. Im excited to put my first scratches on it. Im 6 ft and 176 lbs coming off a medium frame with 26" wheels. How do you like the forks? And how long did your bike take to get to you? My local bike shop ordered mine up and said it won't be here til November! Im really bummed especially cause im selling my bike to my cousin next week

mtbr member
    I love the fork, feels just fine coming off of years on Fox. Way back in the day I had a killer RS Pike on my Santa Cruz Nomad and this feels very similar, smooth, and responsive.
    I lucked out my LBS said I should check out the 3 new 2013 bikes they had just received. I drove out and they had two of my model (Med & Lg) and one of the 26" versions. They said they wouldn't have another batch until December so I had them hold it for a few days while I made my decision. I'm glad I went with it, I have no regrets.

Sorry to hear about the wait, hopefully one shows up sooner then later. You'll be glad you got one though they kickass.

mtbr member
    Mo Pics

mtbr member
    How has the remote seat post held up? Is this a hydraulic unit? Is that the only difference separating the Evo from the FSR Comp model?

mtbr member
    The dropper post is perfect, I've had no issues with it. It's a mechanical style dropper not a hydraulic. There are some major differences between the Comp and Evo. Geometry is slightly slacker on the EVO and its setup for more aggressive riding. Comes with a Chainguide, 20mm thru-axle front hub, and 135mm of travel instead of the 130mm on the Comp (whooaa).

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    *bump for update!
    I'm looking to trade out of my Enduro for the carbon version of your bike. I have similar concerns about using the Stump EVO for Vancouver gnar. As a taller rider (6'6") I think this bike will be more versatile than my Enduro but I'm a little afraid it won't handle the more aggressive descents as well.

mtbr member
    Nice rig!

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt

Re: My 2013 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO 29er

Sweet looking ride! Used to ride a 2010 Stumpy FSR 29er and it was pretty solid!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Can you hear me now?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by asin View Post
    *bump for update!
    I'm looking to trade out of my Enduro for the carbon version of your bike. I have similar concerns about using the Stump EVO for Vancouver gnar. As a taller rider (6'6") I think this bike will be more versatile than my Enduro but I'm a little afraid it won't handle the more aggressive descents as well.
    Seems like the Evo is as capable as the Enduros of years past. Less slack, but that's not always a bad thing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    Seems like the Evo is as capable as the Enduros of years past. Less slack, but that's not always a bad thing.
    Yeah I think it's time to shift to a slightly-less DH oriented bike.

ride your bike
    Thanks for posting pics! I just ordered a 26" evo comp, but it's nice to see the same looking bike out in its natural habitat. Really is a good looking bike, I am stoked!
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.