Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Hi Andresco, thank you. Here is a quick teaser, i will finish my built today. The epic is my wifes new bike.
    Regarding the q-factor - S-Works cranks use Q164 so i think Q166 will be fine. I must go to the dentist now but i will measure at my frame. You can also do if u use this file:
    Sram xx1 frame fit specifications.pdf
    And here can you find everything you need for your Stans Gold Race wheels: Stans Hubs Spare Parts

My 2013 15.5 S-WORKS stumpjumper HT building thread-img_0270_klein.jpg

My 2013 15.5 S-WORKS stumpjumper HT building thread-img_0273_klein.jpg

mtbr member
    Wooow really nice bike !!!! you white st looks awesome great color combination with the red/white wheelset I really want a roval wheelset!! but have to sell all my wheelsets

Please can u confirm the q factor I will need?? If u chack in that pdf doc of sram it doesn't appear the 166 q factor crankset

mtbr member
    So, i took the measurements at my bike according to the xx1 frame fit specifications. The outer width of the chainstays at the important place is around 120 mm. Choosing Q156 there are about 4.5 mm gap on each side between crankarm and chainstay. Pretty close. Choosing Q166 there would be about 10 mm on each side.

Regarding the fact that the s-works crankarms for mtb have a q-factor of 164 i would prefer Q166. About 5 mm clearance are really close and in case you pedal hard and put in much power...

But generally both should be possible.

mtbr member
    So, my built is finished at 8.82 kg for test-setup. After having found my best body position i will change to lighter tyres (-20 g), stans sealant (-230 g), stem (Extralite or Syntace, -50 g) and light seatpost (MCFK, -165 g) and therefore drop another 500 g roughly, so that i will end up at 8.3 kg reace-ready including pedals, bottle cage and chain stay protection.

But for now i must do some testrides in order to finde my body position.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    S-Worker how do you like the MCFK bar? I've been thinking about getting one and haven't seen any real reviews on it. What width are you running? MCFK does make a 9 degree flat bar too.
    MCFK Lenker Carbon MTB Flat 9° 3K-Optik 31,8 mm (NICHT für Bar Ends)

mtbr member

My 2013 15.5 S-WORKS stumpjumper HT building thread

MCFK has grown a lot as a business during the last 1-2 years because their products ard reliable and light and thrustworthy.

I used clamp, bar and post at my 26er S-Works Epic last year - everything has been just fine. So i decided to go again for all those parts. I chose the 6 degree OS flatbar because they have no 8 deg version and because i don't want that strange looking 9 deg bar. As simple as that.

I mean - what can i like of dislike? it's a flatbar of chosen finish and length

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Fairwheelbikes only sells the 6 degree bend, so I was thinking about getting the 9 degree from r2. Their products are very nice indeed, thanks for your thoughts on the product!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    S-worker. Excelent build.

Mine frame is still in cyberspace!!
    One week of delay wasn't a big problem, but over month is a really big issue now.
    I don't understand this. The biggest sales representative in Poland cannot get stuff from Specialized Europe. Everyday they tell me it will be tomorrow and nothing.
    It really makes me nervous now.
    If it will go this way I will get this frame in July...

Once again, nice build. I'm happy that my bike will looks very similar

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Worker View Post
    MCFK has grown a lot as a business during the last 1-2 years because their products ard reliable and light and thrustworthy.

I used clamp, bar and post at my 26er S-Works Epic last year - everything has been just fine. So i decided to go again for all those parts. I chose the 6 degree OS flatbar because they have no 8 deg version and because i don't want that strange looking 9 deg bar. As simple as that.

I mean - what can i like of dislike? it's a flatbar of chosen finish and length
    Woow ur bike looks awesome man!! congrats!!! I want a 640 flatbar too maybe I will order one!! I want the control sl wheelset too!!

Now I'm thinking in the gears ratio!! I love hills and use a lot 26 chainring and 36 cog position!! I want to know which config I will need to have the same ratio!!

I'm thinking in the 30t the 28t will be too small for flats

mtbr member

This is why i personally would not use 1x10 drivetrains. If you live in a very hilly area where you nearly dont have any flat areas - xx1 is perfect, just up and down. If you live in a kind of "mixture area" with hills and lots of flat areas i can not see the advantage of xx1. Then you can optimize your xx1 setup for hills or for flats but never for both.

Formerly of Kent
    If you're pedalling a 36x10-42t at 80rpm, you get 5.9mph at the low end and 24.8mph at the high end.

At 60rpm, it's 4.4mph and 18.6mph, respectively.

If you can't pedal between 60 and 80 rpm comfortably, that's a personal problem, not a gearing problem.

Formerly of Kent
    Repeat post.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey, any chance of adding your sisters bike to the new fate thread?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capnsideburns View Post
    Hey, any chance of adding your sisters bike to the new fate thread?
    Yeah give me the link of that fate thread

mtbr member
    I don't know what to do I'm little afraid of the 1x11 system, I think it will be harder for me in long rides when u are tired and maybe I will need an extra gear I love the it because it do not have front derailleur but in long hills will be leg killer.. very confused

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks, fate thread - Official Specialized Fate Thread

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by andresco50 View Post
    I don't know what to do I'm little afraid of the 1x11 system, I think it will be harder for me in long rides when u are tired and maybe I will need an extra gear I love the it because it do not have front derailleur but in long hills will be leg killer.. very confused
    Just ride your 2x10 equipment until you are sure that xx1 gives you the necessary gears. Just wait a little longer and improve your power and endurance - what's the deal? I switched over from 3x9 to 2x9 after i calculated that i really don't need that 22 chainring anymore.

Its no fun at all if you are missing one or two gears during a climb. Take your time - why rushing it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hi,
    How long did you wait for frameset delivery?
    After 1.5 month I'm still without frame and I'm little bit nervous...
    The season started and I'm waiting.... and waiting...
    Noboday can answer me when I will get it...
    Bartek

mtbr member

1-2 months. I didn't care because i was on a business trip.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Worker View Post
    Just ride your 2x10 equipment until you are sure that xx1 gives you the necessary gears. Just wait a little longer and improve your power and endurance - what's the deal? I switched over from 3x9 to 2x9 after i calculated that i really don't need that 22 chainring anymore.

Its no fun at all if you are missing one or two gears during a climb. Take your time - why rushing it?
    Well I have the money right now! And recently I started to HATE my front derailleur; all the time the chain drops, go outside, and the big chaining and the gears are tuned. Sometimes when I go downhill or shift to big chaining the chain drops in the BB part!! That day I said Ok lets try XX1. I love the simplicity of the XX1 system I know is going to be a bit hard because is like some gears are missing. But it maybe drop a pound of my bike, we have great comments about it I want to try it.
    Is like the change of the revolutionary 2x10 I was really afraid using 2 chain rings But I think is time to take off the front derailleur and approach this system. Definitely I will give u guys the weights and a review about the gears and ratios in the hills and flats!!! Hope I like it!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    My 2013 15.5 S-WORKS stumpjumper HT building thread-zdj-cie.jpg

Finnaly I get the frame...

I think I have the most heavy s-works on the planet.
    1214 gr wihout post clamp.
    Small size...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The chainstay protector will be about 50g and gloss painted versions are around 100-150g heavier typically than a matte/raw finish.

mtbr member
    I wanted to write the same about the chainstay protector.

But if you compare your frame weight with andrescos you will see that its not 150 g heavier. 1120 g vs. 1165 g. And the painted frame can be even lighter. Mine (also S and white!) shows the same weight like andrescos, 1120 g.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Andrescos weights with chainprotection and seatpost clamp 1120 gr
    S-Worker weights with seatpost clamp (I don't know about chainprotection) 1140 gr
    My frame weights with seatpost clamp and chain protection 1230 gr

It is 110 gr heavier than Andrescos, and 90 gr heavier than s-workers

I think it is quite big difference. Part of the s-works seatpost from the framest (without screws and others) weigth 130 gr.

Maybe my will be stiffer

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    S-worker - you have very similar height and insame to my.
    What seatpost length you are using?
    My bike is not ready so I cannot check it, this is why I'm asking.
    Do you think 380mm seatpost will be enough?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast