Thread: MTB Tires

mtbr member
    Sep 2003

MTB Tires

So for cross country riding in michigan what is better. IRC Mibro or IRC Mythos XC Race tire.

mtbr member
    I'm in the Lansing area and I used Mythos XC for two years before I switched to Panaracer Fire XC Pros. The Mythos suck at cornering and are terrible in gravel and sand. My Panaracers even track well cornering on wet leaves. I've never used the Mibro tires so I couldn't tell you how they perform.

The Other Dude
    I have found that asking someone to pick a set of tires for you is like asking someone to pick out a girl for you.......everyone finds different features attractive.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Jut8.....................Well put!!!!

mtbr member
    Hi everyone, I've been surfing the forums for a very long time and finally decided to create an account to post every now and than.

Just wondering if anyone has ridden alot with the specialized enduro tires here? Can anyone comment on likes and dislikes, how they ride in comparison to some of the other popular tires such as minions or nevegals for trail riding.

Jut8, I see you just added a new Enduro SL to your list of bikes, Congrats!

The Other Dude
    Thanks! I can actually "try" to help you out with you enduro tire question. I have been running them on my enduro expert and SXT trail.....i love them. For the wet, rocky and rooty stuff we have here, they are great. I have been running the 2.3's. To me they work great, and they actually feel like they add some cusion and travel to the bike. I am going to give them a try on my new enduro SL, as i am not a big fan of the tires it comes with. I just wish specialized made a tubless version of the 2.2 or 2.3 enduro tire, you have to go to a 2.4 to get tubeless.

But like i said before....that what i think of them, you will get many people that hate them. My two favorite tires are the enduro and the 2.1 tubeless hutchinson spiders (i run them on my epic). I know alot of people rave about the nevegal's, i tried them and hated them, but i know alot of people love them......again people look for different things.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    panaracer fire XC pro! great tire, grip and here in Ireland handle the winter well!
    Santa Cruz Bronson C
    Kinesis FF29