mtbr member
    Nov 2004

MSRP of '10 Enduro Test bikes?

I'm trying to make a deal with my LBS on a '10 Enduro SL Test bike. They are saying that MSRP on these is the same as the Expert, $3900. Is that the case?

Is $2500 a good deal on one of these in good shape?

mtbr member
    MSRP is the same because it's the same bike with a different paint color and a test bike sticker on each side of the downtube.

Has it been demo'd? Was it a leftover that ever got built? Sometimes specialized ends up not shipping all the demo bikes out and dealers buy them at the end of the year really cheap and pass on good deals.

I'd say if it has been "lightly" demo'd $1k off is still pretty good.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

The Other Dude
    Yup, the Test bikes are Expert trim enduros. I would say thats a pretty darn good deal.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It's been demo'd but it's in pretty good shape. I'll be talking to them about it today. They've already made some money back on it because they charge $50 for every demo ride.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Sounds like good deal but I would try to get couple hundred more off or shave off TAX. Demo is used. If not still great deal!!!

mtbr member
    Check things like the tires for cuts and wear, see what condition the seat and grips are in. If anything needs replaced see if you can get them to either toss it in for free or give you a percentage off on anything you might need for the bike.

It never hurts to ask and they can only say no.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

local jackass
    thats less than my buddy paid for his 2010 test enduro and i got 500 off my brand new fsr xc test bike just because it was a test bike. I say go for it!!!
    His
    2010 FSR XC
    2010 ALLEZ
    Hers
    2012 Myka 29'r
    2009 Cannondale Synapse 5
    Down East Cyclists

Members who have read this thread: 0