Happy Mojo Rider

Model Of Bike/Size Of Bike Questions?

I have a few questions for all the specialized junkies out there. Can't decide on the model of bike I want. First off I do alot of xc riding with a few drops, that being said I wonder which is the better bike. Stumpjumper FSR or Enduro SL. I think that with my progressing skill level (I hope to improve every year) that I want to try different things like drops and some DH. I'm kinda leaning towards the Enduro line. Only because I want a bike that does everything. Secondly what size should I get I'm 5'9 and weigh 195 lbs, inseam is 32 with riding shoes. I currently have a Hardrock Sport Disc 19 inch frame (just started riding this year). I rode a large SJ FSR and it felt big to me and I felt like I was leaning over too much, thinking I should go with a medium. Any thoughts sorry about the rapid fire questions. Thanks for the replies
    Ted

Calm Like a Bomb
    well if u want a bike that u can progress to some dh then the enduro would be the better choice of the two imo...as for size i would have to say medium...

have u considered the sxt???
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

Happy Mojo Rider
    Thanks for the advice I didn't even think of the sxt I will look into that bike on the website. Thanks for your help anyone else?

Happy Mojo Rider
    Just looked at the sxt, nice ride but a bit too heavy for me. Like I said I do alot of trail riding right now and a couple of drops I would just think that the Enduro would be the best of both worlds but still be able to keep up with the lighter bikes. 30 lbs is a good weight for a bike I think (the bike I have now is 35 lbs) so going any heavier would make it a bit too heavy on the trail and for climbing. just my opinion..

mtbr member
    If you can get the 07 Stumpjumper FSR, then it would be an idea. However, the 08 geometry is just slanted too much for climbing and doesn't seem to leverage its travel that well. The Enduro SL is definitely the best of the bunch for 08.
    1997 Specialized Stumpy Pro
    1998 Specialized Allez Epic
    2007 Specialized Stumpy FSR Elite
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Members who have read this thread: 0