mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Is it me or do the specialized DJ peddles suck?

I slipped off of mine today because they dont have enough traction and took the pedal to the shin. what do you guys think about the pedals? go, bad, replace asap?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    What pedals are you talking about? Atleast the Specialized Lo-Pro Mag II pedals that are found in top models such as SX Trail II and Demo 7 II are really good. Thin profile, replaceable pins with good grip, relatively light.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    <delete this>
    Last edited by mehukatti; 10-23-2007 at 07:42 AM.

The Other Dude
    I have the Specialized Low Pro Mag pedals and they are awesome, never once have i slipped off or wanted more traction when wearing my Globe shoes.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    I've got the Lo Pro Mag 2's - nice and grippy, never had a problem with them.

dirt visionary
    Same here . Love my lo pro mag 2's

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i have the spec alloy platforms

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    I run flats on ALL my bikes - even my cross country/trail bikes and the Mag Lo Pro's are some of the best flat pedals I've ever used. They are relatively light, grippy, srtong and the platform size is pretty spot on (e.g. not too wide/no too narrow). I did buy a few longer pins and replaced a few specific ones (e.g. on the edge/corner of the pedals)

I’ve bought Lo Pro's for all my bikes and they have been solid, well other than ONE right pedal that for some reason had bushing/bearing play right out of he box…

not sure how the alloy pedals perform tho since I've never tried them..

mtbr member
    They're ok, but I've had plenty of grippier pedals. I switched to the lo pro mags after being clipless for years, they didn't grip enough for me so I went out and got the meanest and scariest pedals I could find and I couldn't get my feet to break loose if I wanted to.

BTW- these are the pedals I'm using. http://www.darkcycles.com/arachnid.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0